Sign in to follow this  
pete

How injured is Alex?

Alex T has posted in Norwegian Press his season is over, nothing from the club. His X Ray not scan presumably has revealed season ending injury. I guess we will have to wait for Press Conference to have it confirmed.

Why cannot the club be more upfront with bad news in which we are rightly interested.

Cheer up Pete, it might not be that bad after all!

Norwich City midfielder Alex Tettey fears he will need to undergo surgery after injuring his ankle in the defeat to Chelsea on 1 March. Tettey, 29, was replaced by Gary O''Neill after 36 minutes and was later seen leaving Carrow Road on crutches, taken to hospital to undergo an X-ray.

Norwich went on to lose the match 2-1, a result that leaves them slumped in the relegation zone.Speaking to Norwegian publication VG Sporten, the midfielder revealed he had not suffered any broken bones in the challenge, but is now waiting to learn if he suffered any ligament damage. If that is the case, Tettey believes his season is already over.

"I was at the hospital after the game on Tuesday, and I hadn''t broken any bones, which is good," Tettey said. "But I''m going for another check-up, an MRI later on Wednesday. If the ligament in my ankle is ruined then I fear I''ll need an operation. If that''s the case then my season is probably finished. The next check-up will be interesting."

I believe the quote from the Norwegian press was that AT "fears" his season may be over, I think he added that there is no break but he may of damaged ligaments and is having a scan to confirm either way.

Was having scans yesterday so strange there''s been no news yet but I assume he''ll miss the next game regardless

He''s absolutely key for us, we hoped Mulumbu would cover that position but he''s not up to Tettey''s standard on his showing over the season so far, Tettey is for me the most important single player we have with the possible exception of Wes.

So pretty clear from the interview that if he needs an operation, he''s out for the rest of the season, otherwise it could be a few weeks, give or take.

Any games he misses are a problem for us now, but if he''s out for the rest of the season, our limited survival chances get much worse.

I''d say O''Neil is as good as Tettey on his day - aside from the ludicrous red at Stoke. I thought Tettey was chasing shadows on Tuesday until he got injured. We looked more settled and composed with O''Neil there.

I do agree about Mulumbu though - had high hopes for him, but he''s been a poor signing. What''s happened to Vadis?

Am I in a very small minority who considers Tettey to be massively over hyped?

Granted he works hard and is committed. But was all over the place for the first goal on Tuesday. The reason he gets booked so much in my opinion is that his positional sense lets him down, he is slow and we all know that his passing and control is very poor.

For me, O''Neill is a better option for the game we play.

I felt before the season started that we needed this area addressing as a priority. We lack someone in there who can dictate the tempo of a game and can just get a foot in, break up play and give a simple effective pass.. I don''t see this in Tettey at this level.

[quote user="willo"]Am I in a very small minority who considers Tettey to be massively over hyped? Granted he works hard and is committed. But was all over the place for the first goal on Tuesday. The reason he gets booked so much in my opinion is that his positional sense lets him down, he is slow and we all know that his passing and control is very poor. For me, O''Neill is a better option for the game we play. I felt before the season started that we needed this area addressing as a priority. We lack someone in there who can dictate the tempo of a game and can just get a foot in, break up play and give a simple effective pass.. I don''t see this in Tettey at this level.[/quote]

I think he''s massively underrated by quite a lot of our supporters, like you.  I think people just don''t notice what he does, so much of the time.  He can''t get everything, that''s the nature of midfield play, but he''s the best in our squad in that role by a country mile IMO.

He gets booked so often because he has to make so many key tackles.

I''d be interested to know about Vadis. He was knocking on the door and had put in some good performances!

Totally agree with Character Forming, Tettey is our best holding player not to mention our most aggresively competitive player by some distance. He has his faults and limitations but they are tiny compared to the good things he brings to the team.

You may be right about being the best but I suppose that''s kind of my point.........

Can agree to disagree though and on this, for me, aggressive and competitive are great strengths, but lacks the technique and positional sense to play this role at PL level.

This is not me witch hunting by the way, have felt this all season.

I do like tetty but must admit I''d prefer o''neil to start for the rest of the season.

He can tackle just as well but also has more spirit and a much better passing range.

Also got more experience.

I know he was idiotic getting sent off but this is a real chance to pay the club and fans back. The way he rushed off to get patched up and then back on the pitch on Tuesday shows the type of commitment we will need in all the games left.

Indeed. I''d go one step further and make him captain.

Most if not all of our players would have carried on playing with a bandage around their head like O''Neil did. I like Gaz but it doesn''t make him a hero or more commited than the rest.

Not good news, but had assumed as such when nothing was revealed yesterday

Good news that we have Oneill fit though, I thought he did well when he came on, the other night.Robbie Brady available too.Klose wasn''t mentioned, hmmmmmm.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Bassong in for Klose then[/quote]Someone on Twitter just assured me that Klose is okay. Hope so.

[quote user="morty"]Has to undergo ankle surgery, and will miss the rest of the season.
[/quote]

#prayforpete

Big blow losing Tetty. By far our best holding player and his ability to spot danger especially when the opposition breaks away has saved us no end of times this season.

Agree O''Neil has done well but it robs us of the option of playing them both, which for me strengthens us defensively.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Big blow losing Tetty. By far our best holding player and his ability to spot danger especially when the opposition breaks away has saved us no end of times this season.

Agree O''Neil has done well but it robs us of the option of playing them both, which for me strengthens us defensively.[/quote]Two DM''s?Hmmmmmmm cough cough Hughton cough.

Not necessarily Morty. Gives us the option to play other more expansive players and allow them to be free to concentrate on attacking knowing that they have more cover. Not suggesting we go for the full scale everyone one behind the ball and keep your shape at all costs like Hughton!

We started both Tetty and O''Neil against Man Utd and Southampton at home - we could do with a couple of results like that just at the moment.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Not necessarily Morty. Gives us the option to play other more expansive players and allow them to be free to concentrate on attacking knowing that they have more cover. Not suggesting we go for the full scale everyone one behind the ball and keep your shape at all costs like Hughton!

We started both Tetty and O''Neil against Man Utd and Southampton at home - we could do with a couple of results like that just at the moment.[/quote]A point tomorrow simply isn''t enough. And its a moot point anyway, as I don''t think Mulumbu has anything to contribute, right now.I don''t think its the time to be fannying with formations again, despite the results in the last two games, it has started to look like we have found a system that players are comfortable in.

Agree that we have looked much better the last couple of games and absolutely wouldn''t be advocating two defensive midfielders in a must win game like tomorrow.

I''m very much hoping that we don''t see any fannying about with formations, particularly the defensive ones that AN seems to be so keen on.

A massive blow to our chances which weren''t great anyway.  I think 3 at the back makes sense anyway against a team like Swansea who have a lot of possession.  Like Leicester away, I won''t care if they have plenty of the ball in non-threatening areas.  Hopefully they won''t be able to take a chance and we''ll get a goal like at home.

A win Saturday and things will suddenly look a lot more cheery.