Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Loan Deal Agreed for Mbokani

Really hope this has finally happened! My number 1 target out of all the names linked this summer!

Getting him on loan is a bonus as well, he''s 29, so we can avoid spending silly money on him.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]For all we know the loan fee could be silly money[/quote]It depends on what you think is silly money. Whatever it is it will be far, far less than any transfer fee. And the deal allows both parties to go their seperate ways come next May if it suits. Sounds excellent to me. Though I''m sure what ever the club does there will be critics. A top 5 finish next season means we will be lumbered with European games, and look at all the problenms that will bring, won''t it Frank ?

Super stuff by all concerned if this is defo. Have a sneaky feeling that Grabban could be the big loser in all this, if we dont let b''mouth have him , he will go to Champs club, or eat humble pie and work his way back in, if he can.

In truth, I''m much happier with a loan than a permanent deal (unless we''re paying silly money as a loan fee), as I''m not fully convinced that he''s what we need and at least this way we don''t potentially end up with another player on big wages that we can''t move on if things don''t go right.

[quote user="Vanwink"]He ain''t going to win any beauty contests.

But he''s a very good player so fingers crossed.[/quote]Is he as well as, or instead, of Austen ?

[quote user="barneybear"][quote user="Vanwink"]He ain''t going to win any beauty contests.

But he''s a very good player so fingers crossed.[/quote]Is he as well as, or instead, of Austen ?[/quote]I don''t think signing Mbokani would prejudice a deal for Austen as well.

We seem to be after two forward players from the players we have been linked with and rumoured to have submitted offers for. One in the Walters/Murray mould and an out and out goal scorer ie Afobe/Gayle.

I have not seen anything of Mbokani so where does he fit in? Will it end our interest in Walters/Afobe?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="barneybear"][quote user="Vanwink"]He ain''t going to win any beauty contests.

But he''s a very good player so fingers crossed.[/quote]Is he as well as, or instead, of Austen ?[/quote]I don''t think signing Mbokani would prejudice a deal for Austen as well.[/quote]That makes sense.

Great news of true, I would imagine it''ll be with a view to buy at end of season as well. A loan is much less risk than with rvw

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="barneybear"][quote user="Vanwink"]He ain''t going to win any beauty contests.

But he''s a very good player so fingers crossed.[/quote]Is he as well as, or instead, of Austen ?[/quote]I don''t think signing Mbokani would prejudice a deal for Austen as well.[/quote]That makes sense.[/quote]We already have two Bennetts on our books...and Zema Abbey used to play for us.

[quote user="Viva Marc Libbra"]Hmmm yeah to be honest a YouTube goals compilation could make me look like a world class striker.[/quote]The idea was to show you what type of player he is, rather than any thoughts on quality. As to Austen this knocks any lingering doubts about him being signed. Though there could well be another loan signing with an under 21 PL striker to act as back up. The focus is now on a centre back.