[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]He scored a superb header against Everton and got us through to the next round of the cup.[/quote]Thank you for that extensive summary of his NCFC accomplishments to date.

If we''re playing crap striker Top Trumps, I''ll put in a shout for Goran Maric.

Per minute played for goal scored......would be great to see a list of worst strikers for us.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

.....Norwich City paid 8m for RVW two and a half years ago. They have had no return on that investment. I guess people will go to their usual "go to blame guy" for this failure. Hootun, Snoddy or maybe some like to trace the blame toRussell Martin playing centrehalf or even the cook and her cohorts. But for me, after all this time, I have to question if Ricky is up to the job.

[/quote]

The voice of sanity Nutty.

The way some people on here latch onto any little thing he did in this match or that match in the desperate hope that their man will come good is all very charitable but we''re a professional football club and we need players who can perform.

RVW has had more than enough time to show he can do it even on an inconsistent basis and he hasn''t come anywhere near it.

Yes, no doubt he''s a lovely man - buys his Mum flowers, helps old biddies cross the road, etc, etc - but that''s not going to win any football matches which is why he''s here.

Ottosson was awful but did score one in about ten games for us.

Mike Sheron or Peter Thorne for me.

But then it wasn''t their fault either, it was the manager, system, tactics, midfielders and crowd pressure.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Herman "]Dave Strihavka.[/quote]I will see your Dave Strihavka and raise you Ulf Ottosson...[/quote]Paul Dalglish.

[quote user="lharman7"]Bor bor bor and hogesar, i have a few questions for you regarding RvW.

Do you think the team created enough chances to score under the guidance of Chris Hughton in terms of style and play?

As the majority (debatable) would agree, our style of play under Hughton stifled any lone striker that played in said position. Do you not maybe think this had a huge impact on the way RvW plays and his confidence?

Now i know you both are of extreme footballing knowledge and probably regard yourselves as among the elite on this very forum but could you both please try to answer my questions in a more simplistic form with a yes or no answer?[/quote]

No, I am not boiling the complexities behind RvW''s inability to perform down to "yes" and "no" answers.

Solely blaming Houghton is wrong. The season on loan in France where he failed again needs to be considered.

Why did St Ettiene not want to sign him?

Why is he not in the squad on PL match days if AN feels differently?

Why did AN try to sell him to Sporting Lisbon if he rates him?

Perhaps we can get behind some of the regulars who put in a good shift every week and stop pretending the sheep in wolf''s clothing is going to be our striking saviour.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Ottosson was awful but did score one in about ten games for us.

Mike Sheron or Peter Thorne for me.

But then it wasn''t their fault either, it was the manager, system, tactics, midfielders and crowd pressure.[/quote]A fan came up with this apparently quite serious explanation for van Wolfswinkel''s Norwich City career during the pink ''un''s minute-by-minute coverage of the Rotherham game:"He has a good movement but it may be too continental for the rest of the team to understand."To which another fan, apparently also seriously, replied:"You have hit the nail on the head I think!"

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]When he scores the winner against Southampton, I''ll be sending out HUGE slices of humble pie![/quote]

Yeah, I would find a pie with a long Best Before date.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Self-awareness doesn''t appear to be a strong suit of our Cumbrian colleague.[/quote]

And compassion doesn''t seem to be your strong point, either.  Apparently, because there are posters on this thread who can see more in a player than you can - they - according to you, in your words, must be deluded.   Nice one.   You think you know everything, but your sound offs show you know nothing - about football or people - only that they are to be ridiculed if you disagree with them.  RVW is a Norwich player and picked for the first team, scores, puts in a decent shift and all you can do is think back to when he was at Norwich two seasons ago. 

Forget the past.  Its a different game - different manager - different team - different ethos.  The player is still in the squad, scores - and is far more likely to score in an AN team than in the team of 2013/2014.  You''d think that would be enough for even the most sour hearted of fans to show some positivity towards a player who needs every encouragement. But apparently not.  Written off by the know alls on this thread.  Except they''re not know alls. Far from it - just think they are.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Who was the Danish player who scored a shed load when on loan but then signed permanently and couldn''t ever score again? Memory fail.[/quote]

Nielsen. David, not the great Harry.

On the topic of abysmal ''strikers'', I recall Daryl Russell''s efforts to be a bit pants...

For me I''m going to cut out all of what happened and simply think this; '' if Alex Neil thinks he''s good enough to play for Norwich City, then he is good enough''

have to agree clean slate new manager may the revolution continue

two seasons ago every player way crap the strikers starved of any chances

the midfield woefull

the defence well ...

Re worst strikers, the answers are -

1 - Trevor Benjamin. How this guy was ever a professional football, god only knows?

Closely followed by -

2 - Paul Clayton. Who? I hear you ask. Well yes, you''d be forgiven for asking that, because he was rather anonymous. Despite being at the club for 5 years, making 15 first team appearances and being on the pitch for 953 minutes, the ''striker'' scored 0 goals.

3 - Dean Coney - only 1 ''goal'' off his arze, lambasted by the fans, desperate to leave, he did his cruciate in, in a reserve game, which cut short his glittering career.

LDC is right...all this opinions on wether Ricky has been good or not the last 2 seasons...majority here seem to have long memories but not short ones. When Ricky came back for pre season training just a few short weeks ago Alex talked with the guy and stated that the slates wiped clean. In effect Ricky has started a new chapter in his football career with City, he needs to be viewed  and opinionated about on his time under Alex Neil. In those short few weeks he has he has worked hard, impressed the manager, played his first full 90 mins (albeit maybe with no choice as a certain other striker did not fancy warming his behind on the bench), and scored the winner that got City through to next round of the cup.At the end of this season  we can rightly say yes he was poor or mediocre or great. Alex said give the guy a break..we should do just that

[quote user="Cobain18"]Essjayess - great post! Absolutely spot on.[/quote]
+1. Couldn''t have said it better myself SJS

[quote user="Essjayess"]LDC is right...all this opinions on wether Ricky has been good or not the last 2 seasons...majority here seem to have long memories but not short ones. When Ricky came back for pre season training just a few short weeks ago Alex talked with the guy and stated that the slates wiped clean. In effect Ricky has started a new chapter in his football career with City, he needs to be viewed  and opinionated about on his time under Alex Neil. In those short few weeks he has he has worked hard, impressed the manager, played his first full 90 mins (albeit maybe with no choice as a certain other striker did not fancy warming his behind on the bench), and scored the winner that got City through to next round of the cup.At the end of this season  we can rightly say yes he was poor or mediocre or great. Alex said give the guy a break..we should do just that[/quote]I think people were very, very patient with him two seasons ago, but strikers are judged on goals, and in that department, he has been an unmitigated failure in the last two seasons.Too many people are acting like he has been given abuse, like I say, I think most fans have been very, very patient.

[quote user="morty"]Oh the irony of branding others know it alls lol.[/quote]He is back to his worst i am afraid of wanting to have to last word and attempting to grind everyone down that it is his view or no view.

[quote user="morty"]Oh the irony of branding others know it alls lol.
[/quote]

I have to be fair to Lakey, I don''t believe he''s a know it all. It''s just that what he thinks he knows....he knows so often. [:D]

"You think you know everything, but your sound offs show you know nothing - about football or people"

I don''t think I know everything, that is a ridiculous thing to suggest.

I know a bit more than nothing, however.

All my many years of watching football leads me to the conclusion that RvW will never be a success for Norwich.

All my many years of observing people leads me to the conclusion that you have some kind of Napoleon complex.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]"You think you know everything, but your sound offs show you know nothing - about football or people"

I don''t think I know everything, that is a ridiculous thing to suggest.

I know a bit more than nothing, however.

All my many years of watching football leads me to the conclusion that RvW will never be a success for Norwich. All my many years of observing people leads me to the conclusion that you have some kind of Napoleon complex.

[/quote]

Plenty of others on here seem to want to cut RVW some slack - maybe you could cut some slack to people that see things differently to you, after all you were the one that shouted "deluded" in capital letters at people

supporting RVW, earlier in this thread, not me.  Maybe the irony that

one or two people see so readily on here should apply to you.....