[quote user="PurpleCanary"]All the facts (as opposed to PR guff that should be seen for what it clearly is) until now point one way. The attempt to sell van Wolfswinkel, giving him the No.29 shirt, while leaving No.9 vacant, and now - most significant of all - leaving him out of all three Premier League match-day squads.They all point to Alex Neil having decided (and not having changed his mind about this) that van Wolfswinkel is by some way not good enough for the Premier League and doesn''t want him taking up a costly place in the 25-man squad.But events - as they have a habit of doing - have not gone according to plan. Van Wolfswinkel scuppered the sale to Sporting, the move for Larrivey broke down, bids for other strikers have so far produced no-one, and now there is a question-mark over Grabban''s Norwich City future.If events continue to frustrate our striker search van Wolfswinkel could end up in the 25-man squad, but - based on the facts - one can say with 99.9 per cent certainty that is not what Neil wanted and is still not what he wants. [/quote]I notice Larrivey has now ended up at Bani Yas, a club in the Emirates, so quite possibly the move, which seemed pretty much done, broke down because Neil, on meeting the player, thought he was looking for a last pay day as opposed to wanting to prolong a serious footballing career.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Shut up Lakey, nobody cares what you think.[/quote][:D][/quote]I haven''t read all the Lakey posts for obvious reasons but i take it the victim card has been played ?[/quote]
There are two possible next moves:
a) the victim card
b) the lecture on behaviour and some aggressive "insights" into Bor Bor Bor''s character
They may even be delivered as a "combo", as young people might say.

Confidence is a strange but important factor, and I think that RvW''s experience - injury problems on first arrival, followed by a team that did not serve him very well - I clearly remember several occasions when crosses reached him but behind him, with little power to be generated must have gone some way to destroy his self confidence. Little seemed to correct the situation at St. Etienne.

His goal at Rotherham was well taken - a difficult height and curling, and that seemed to work wonders for him. He seemed to be popping up everywhere afterwards. With Grabban a doubt RvW could gain more time on the pitch, and, who knows, score some goals and become something like the striker we had heard about.

Mbokani. Jerome 1st or 2nd choice, RvW elevated to 3rd because Grabban is a bellend.

Probably not the career trajectory he was looking for, but seems happy to take the money or he would be back in Portugal.

I guess we will never know.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 26/08/2015 1:51 PM:

Like Hooper I''d only expect him to be used as a sub when we are behind and we go 4-4-2, like against Palace. Though tbh, I''d still expect RVW to go if we get an offer.

----------------------

Once again, I can''t help always being right.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]mrs miggins wrote the following post at 26/08/2015 1:51 PM:

Like Hooper I''d only expect him to be used as a sub when we are behind and we go 4-4-2, like against Palace. Though tbh, I''d still expect RVW to go if we get an offer.

----------------------

Once again, I can''t help always being right.[/quote]That''s hardly right given that you have no idea what offers have been made. Merely that he has now gone which you didn''t really predict. Just some waffle about him being on the bench with Hooper. Maybe you should set yourself up as a medium. They do that sort of stuff (guesswork).

Thats all what judgement calls are though, educated guesses. Whether it be on Adams, Phelan, Alex Neil, RVW etc. Educated guesses are my speciality. Can''t help being amazing.

We can loan him out to a German side next season so he can have failed in all 4 of the big leagues.

Would probably still be some City fans calling out for us to extend his contract mind. Fair enough, he does come across as a good guy.

Shocker, all of us that didnt think RvW was good enough were on the same page as Alex Neil and his coaching staff....

[quote user="Vanwink"]Purple

"If events continue to frustrate our striker search van Wolfswinkel could end up in the 25-man squad, but - based on the facts - one can say with 99.9 per cent certainty that is not what Neil wanted and is still not what he wants. "

Your insight into what AN wants and doesn''t want, with such a high level of certainly is surely unrivalled.

Do you think his goal and second half performance against Rotherham may have just edged that level of certainty down to say 99..1% or are you going to stick with the 99.9%.

The level of arrogance of some posters on here is beyond belief.[/quote]There was no arrogance, Vanwink. Just a clear-eyed assessement, unclouded by sentimentality, of what the facts indicated our manager was thinking. It turns out I was wrong only in allowing that 0.1 per cent of doubt.

Purple

"It turns out I was wrong only in allowing that 0.1 per cent of doubt."

You did miscalculate there but don''t beat yourself up about it Purple. 😄