Sign in to follow this  
pete

Ruddy to iLiverpool

According to Daily Mail to replace Mignolet, seems unlikely.

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/liverpool-to-bring-in-england-goalkeeper-38173/?

Wouldn''t blame him for going, but would be sorry. Am sure he would be first choice for them.

I would hope rather than pocketing millions we would look for a cash and player deal if they have some good youngsters.

Nobody of any note will be leaving because Adams is already mouthing off about how he has the say on who goes and who does not , so either he is just trying to act the big man or nobody leaves , after all no manager would want to sell his best players would they .

Ruddy on Goals on Sunday said ----- "As I’ve said, I’m under contract at Norwich. I understand how

football works and if Norwich get a bid that they deem acceptable,

that’s up to them. But as far as I’m concerned, I’m under contract for

the next two-and-a-half years, so they’re stuck with me.”
  I don''t think he''s going anywhere ''till Norwich decide.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Ruddy on Goals on Sunday said ----- "As I’ve said, I’m under contract at Norwich. I understand how

football works and if Norwich get a bid that they deem acceptable,

that’s up to them. But as far as I’m concerned, I’m under contract for

the next two-and-a-half years, so they’re stuck with me.”
  I don''t think he''s going anywhere ''till Norwich decide.[/quote]I watched that this morning (well sky plussed and watched it this evening actually) and quite enjoyed it.

SwindonCanary wrote the following post at 14/12/2014 9:42 PM:

Ruddy on Goals on Sunday said -----

"As I’ve said, I’m under contract at Norwich. I understand how football works and if Norwich get a bid that they deem acceptable, that’s up to them. But as far as I’m concerned, I’m under contract for the next two-and-a-half years, so they’re stuck with me.”

I don''t think he''s going anywhere ''till Norwich decide.

Good to hear.Swindon, I get the impression he likes it here and feels pretty passionately about the club.

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]iLiverpool? Are they sponsored by Apple?[/quote]

They bring out a new version on a regular basis and after the initial hype everyone apart from the fans see that it''s still overpriced and no better than the previous version.

Mignolet dropped "indefinitely" so its not beyond the realms they will be looking for a new keeper in January.So if they did want Ruddy, we could get some real top dollar for him.

[quote user="The Butler"]

BBC now reporting 8mil poss offer!

Is that figure to high to refuse?

[/quote]Yes.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Yes.
[/quote]

So is there as good a replacement?

If not that 8mil could cost you 70+mil

The effect on morale  of those remaining could also make a BIG difference

Summer when we know where we will be is soon enough to sell one of our best assets (If we then want to)

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]Yes.[/quote]

So is there as good a replacement?

If not that 8mil could cost you 70+mil

The effect on morale  of those remaining could also make a BIG difference

Summer when we know where we will be is soon enough to sell one of our best assets (If we then want to)

[/quote]You asked the question, and I answered it.If John Ruddy decides he fancies it, I find it very difficult to believe the board would turn down 8 million. I''m not saying I agree with it.

Would be a further signal of the unwinding of the squad consistent with an extended stay in the Champs. Will likely embolden our other remaining key assets, such as Hooper, Olsson, Tettey etc, to jump ship also. Would be the final nail.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Would be a further signal of the unwinding of the squad consistent with an extended stay in the Champs. Will likely embolden our other remaining key assets, such as Hooper, Olsson, Tettey etc, to jump ship also. Would be the final nail.[/quote]Ooft, you''re bang on form this evening Highland!

A top class keeper, which I believe John is, is of the same value to a team as a top class in form striker IMO. This probably applies even more to a newly promoted team who are going to be under a lot of pressure not to concede, so for me even at £8 mil we should keep him, if we are intent on going up.

He may well be the difference between promotion or staying in this league, and between relegation and staying up in the Prem next season.

I heard last Summer that he is happy here and will not move unless we insist that we want to sell him, and no I won''t name my source and yes you can call me a liar etc!

[quote user="Rivvo"]I heard last Summer that he is happy here and will not move unless we insist that we want to sell him, and no I won''t name my source and yes you can call me a liar etc![/quote]Not at all, a few people have said similar, and there is no reason to think it isn''t true, I''m pretty sure he could have gone this summer had he wanted to.But it all depends on how much Liverpool tests the boards resolve. Everyone has a price.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Would be a further signal of the unwinding of the squad consistent with an extended stay in the Champs. Will likely embolden our other remaining key assets, such as Hooper, Olsson, Tettey etc, to jump ship also. Would be the final nail.[/quote]Highland, I would like to wish you a Happy Christmas...but I won''t...because in the unlikely event that it may come true, I just know it would make you even more unhappy. So I will just wish you a miserable new year. [:D]

Know a friend of his dads and Andy has always said living in this part of the world was a dream move for him and close to all his family in Cambridgeshire

oh and he hated being up north with a passion

it did read weird

the name of the person who knows his dad

not that its important

just watched the goals on sunday interview not a bad interview