Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Norwich v Fulham

Some nice catching practice for their goalie. Come on City, you''re better than this.

Quite simply Howson should have been in the starting line up.

Johnson is simply not a good enough footballer to be guaranteed his place and built around.

I''m talking about the midfield over the course of 11 games not this one. You cannot keep going behind and then the midfield and attack starts to fire. You put stupid pressure on yourself.

[quote user="sonyc"]I''m talking about the midfield over the course of 11 games not this one. You cannot keep going behind and then the midfield and attack starts to fire. You put stupid pressure on yourself.[/quote]arguably you defend from the front, better ball; retention, better use of space, recoveries etc would help the defence no end...we''ve been missing something in midfield even under Lambert in the premiership... We''ve always just missed that player who could really be the link between defence and attack. The players we have are all very good at what they do individually, and ok as a unit, but we need "the missing link" and the all arounder to support them all.Oh for a "tim Cahill" or a player of his ilk.

I was hoping Jas that Fer was that person. He wasn''t or at least not nearly enough

Such a frustrating 1st half. Need to make changes and up a gear. Not good enough and the teams around us are winning.

[quote user="Kanadyan Kanary"]Midfield does seem insipid.  I would like to see Murphy and Howson on for Grabban and Hoolahan.[/quote]

I would like to see Johnson, Tettey & Wes out of the startin 11 and start Howson & Odjidja with Murphy.

If we have been poor in a lot of games only to be rescued, the problem is as Ricardo said you can''t keep coming from behind.

Time to use the squad because the starying 11 are not doing the job until they get a rocket up their bums.

Must be time for grabban and Johnson to be given a spell on the bench.

BJ giving the ball away too much.

Hoolahan not getting stuck into Parker and stopping him dictate Fulham''s moves.

First time on the left for Grabban, it hasn''t worked.

We need to pick our passes keep and dominate possession instead of looking for the early ball over the top.

We''re playing with two defensive midfielders but asking them to do the same thing, therefore we either don''t support the attackers when we need to or we don''t support our defence when we need to. Woeful, and I blame Adams for this, we''ve played enough games now to know what our weaknesses are.

[quote user="ricardo"]We have now gone one down in the last 6 league games.It eventually costs you.[/quote]this isn''t a criticism of Adams as he does know what he is doing.. however I do thi8nk we are going into games with some kind of tactical naivety... once something happens on the pitch NA is good enough to sort it out.. but going into matches we just seem to be a little scared of making the first move... perhaps an experienced head at the back on loan on the pitch could partly address this?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"]We have now gone one down in the last 6 league games.It eventually costs you.[/quote]this isn''t a criticism of Adams as he does know what he is doing.. however I do thi8nk we are going into games with some kind of tactical naivety... once something happens on the pitch NA is good enough to sort it out.. but going into matches we just seem to be a little scared of making the first move... perhaps an experienced head at the back on loan on the pitch could partly address this?[/quote]Far too many goals have been conceded where we loose the ball on the edge of the opposition area and the ball is in our net 4 or 5 passes later.This isn''t a coincidence, it''s a tactical weakness.

Very similar to most games this season.  Flatter to deceive in possession, give away a soft goal through poor midfield passing, giving the ball away and not having enough cover, then having to fight back.     So far we''ve done enough to stay top of the league, but surely Adams can see what the problem is??   More men in midfield would surely have been a better strategy to start with.    Keep the ball, let Fulham do the running around.  All the long ball stuff is just amateurish at this level and the short passing isn''t up to much either.   7We''re strong when behind and need to be today.  But we need some strikes on target!

Only at Fulham would we hit the bar with a frigging penalty. Can''t see a miracle comeback today

1 up front is perhaps the way to go this season.. 5 at the back or 5 in midfield would go some way towards countering the weaknesses.

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="Hungry Like The Wolf"]FFS! Grabban...[/quote]Should have been dropped weeks ago .[/quote]

Yes, it''s time to change it.

He has been poor in the last 3/4 games.

Too many chances going begging for my liking.