Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Norwich v Fulham

Branston Pickle wrote the following post at 18/10/2014 5:05 PM:

We certainly need to learn how to win when we are well on top - that''s three on the spin we''ve been by far the better side, but we have just one point to show from those games.

Spot on Branston. A bit of tactical change needed, I''m sure Neil will turn this around. Leeds at home is a fantastic oppertunity.

He''s had quite a few games to turn it round and all he could come up with was to stick Grabban on the left. He needs to get us playing smart football and using tettey as an anchor in our midfield imo

I think he has been found out. Teams are setting up to soak up a bit of pressure and hit us on the break. Today we looked clueless in the final 3rd with no idea of how to break them down. Changes of tactics and personnel are needed.

Wmrs miggins wrote the following post at 18/10/2014 5:21 PM:

He''s had quite a few games to turn it round and all he could come up with was to stick Grabban on the left. He needs to get us playing smart football and using tettey as an anchor in our midfield imo

Are you agitating for a new manager Miggins?

It was crying for a shake-up several weeks ago. Same personnel flailing in the first-half and leaving far too much to do, too often, in the second halves.

The Johnson / Tettey / Hoolahan combination just isn''t productive enough. Far too much possession surrendered by this trio and no goals to compensate.

Opposition managers are licking their lips at the predictability of it all.

Can someone explain the logic in loaning out the best centre back at the club to a team that are now above us in the league!? I know he had no future here but that decision could really cost us at the end of the season.

I''m not sure it''s a matter of being found out, JF, we''ve had more than enough chances to win these games twice over, but IMO a few tweaks have seemed needed since the Brum game. For starters Howson for Wes is overdue (and may happen if only via injury); Russ is far better at r/b, we have Cuellar and Miquel for c/b so should use them; I''d maybe give Josh a start to see what he can do, or try VOO who seems a rather expensive bench-warmer at the mo.

We need to use the subs more. Why didn''t we bring on Vadis for Johnson? Grabban needs a break and to be dropped to the bench. Hopefully Lafferty can play Tuesday. Martin isn''t a good enough centre back and Josh Murphy is worth starting in occasional games.

Jenkins wrote the following post at 18/10/2014 5:28 PM:

---------------------------------------

I will be if we continue with the tactics we''ve been playing with in the last 5 games because we certainly won''t be winning many matches. We''re 4th atm I believe so we''re doing well, but our recent form has been poor considering the quality we have.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 18/10/2014 5:47 PM:

Jenkins wrote the following post at 18/10/2014 5:28 PM:

---------------------------------------

I will be if we continue with the tactics we''ve been playing with in the last 5 games because we certainly won''t be winning many matches. We''re 4th atm I believe so we''re doing well, but our recent form has been poor considering the quality we have.

Fifth columnists raise their heads very early these days.

Don''t start that bollox already Jenkins. There are some genuine concerns being raised. It''s not the end of the world, but Neil needs to start changing things around a bit. He''s played virtually the same team and formation for a while now and it needs freshening up, our first halves have been poor.

Funny that the same people who stood by Hughton are now shooting down any concerns.

Adams will be a good maybe great manager but he''s now going to be tested with his squad.

Pleased to hear his interview saying it can''t continue.

So we hit the woodwork twice and missed a pen Herman!

Of course there are genuine concerns, but there is dubious motivation fuelling one or two of the posts.

Indy wrote the following post at 18/10/2014 6:08 PM:

Funny that the same people who stood by Hughton are now shooting down any concerns.

Adams will be a good maybe great manager but he''s now going to be tested with his squad.

Was never a Hughton man Indy but never gave up on the team. So if that''s aimed at me then you''re wrong.

Cheers H. I''m not calling for the manager''s head or anything like that Jenkins, far from it. I think he''s made some great signings and made a great start, we were 1st before this game, that''s how well we''re doing, but on the other hand, the last few games has shown Neil to set up very naively in my opinion, not always in his team selection, but how he uses the team, especially our CM (or defensive midfielders which he gets to act BOTH like box to box players). Overall, sitting in 4th place I am pleased where we are, but there are concerns due to our recent form, not only through results, but performances as well.

[quote user="Herman "]Don''t start that bollox already Jenkins. There are some genuine concerns being raised. It''s not the end of the world, but Neil needs to start changing things around a bit. He''s played virtually the same team and formation for a while now and it needs freshening up, our first halves have been poor.[/quote]

It looked apparent we were rushing the attacks in the first half, hopeful balls forward, frantic attempts at getting through the opposition.   The games can of course be won with an early goal,  but surely lessons can have been learned by now.   The attacking 442 hasn''t really been working in terms of results in recent matches, with first halves of almost identical pattern.  Poor use of the ball in the final third, giving the ball away cheaply, cheap goals against. 

Surely to goodness its better, given what has been happening, to play a tighter game in the first half, make sure the midfield is well manned, keep the ball better by not trying to do too much with it, not leave any spaces, then push on as teams tire later in the matches.  Especially away from home.   We''ve seen we can score goals later in matches - a little more composure and a little more patience wouldn''t do the team any harm imo.   And lets get some of these other players in that we have in the squad.  They have to get involved sooner or later and we are not exactly pulling up any trees at the moment with what is out there. 

The two centre mids are bombing forwards together and because we give posession away so cheaply we are leaving ourselves open to be hit with counter attacking football. We need to be a bit more savvy going forwards. I would go with one up top and 5 across midfield with a holding midfielder giving the back 4 a bit of protection because its not a good back four.

No Jenks just in general that some people will not have anything negative said about the club regardless.

Not personal.

We have been found wanting in a number of games some of wich we have managed to turn into results, recently we have come short.

So time to change it up across the pitch. This form can become a habbit and before you know it we might be saying our squad is too good to be relegated.

I still believe we will turn it around and have a good enough squad but confidence is a big part of football.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Herman "]Don''t start that bollox already Jenkins. There are some genuine concerns being raised. It''s not the end of the world, but Neil needs to start changing things around a bit. He''s played virtually the same team and formation for a while now and it needs freshening up, our first halves have been poor.[/quote]

It looked apparent we were rushing the attacks in the first half, hopeful balls forward, frantic attempts at getting through the opposition.   The games can of course be won with an early goal,  but surely lessons can have been learned by now.   The attacking 442 hasn''t really been working in terms of results in recent matches, with first halves of almost identical pattern.  Poor use of the ball in the final third, giving the ball away cheaply, cheap goals against. 

Surely to goodness its better, given what has been happening, to play a tighter game in the first half, make sure the midfield is well manned, keep the ball better by not trying to do too much with it, not leave any spaces, then push on as teams tire later in the matches.  Especially away from home.   We''ve seen we can score goals later in matches - a little more composure and a little more patience wouldn''t do the team any harm imo.   And lets get some of these other players in that we have in the squad.  They have to get involved sooner or later and we are not exactly pulling up any trees at the moment with what is out there. 

[/quote]Good stuff[Y]I am not asking for a massive team overhaul, just some different ideas. It has a touch of Hughtonesque stubborness to it,"This formation isn''t working,so i will carry on until it does". We know where that ended.The bad/good thing is that Hoolahan missing will force a change.

[quote user="Herman "]The bad/good thing is that Hoolahan missing will force a change.[/quote]It must be time to see what Voo is made of in a start.  A midfield three of Tettey Howson and Voo could be a good combination with Redmond and Lafferty wide. 

[quote user="Herman "]Don''t start that bollox already Jenkins. There are some genuine concerns being raised. It''s not the end of the world, but Neil needs to start changing things around a bit. He''s played virtually the same team and formation for a while now and it needs freshening up, our first halves have been poor.[/quote]Yes, but comments like "best squad in the league but the worst manager," especially when we were top of the league when it was made, are not genuine concerns, it''s blatant trolling. At least Waveney was (occasionally) amusing.

Nuff Said wrote the following post at 18/10/2014 6:46 PM:

Herman wrote:

Don''t start that bollox already Jenkins. There are some genuine concerns being raised. It''s not the end of the world, but Neil needs to start changing things around a bit. He''s played virtually the same team and formation for a while now and it needs freshening up, our first halves have been poor.

Yes, but comments like "best squad in the league but the worst manager," especially when we were top of the league when it was made, are not genuine concerns, it''s blatant trolling.

At least Waveney was (occasionally) amusing.

Yep

yeah, but I believe that comment was made by someone like ''Cheap Cheap Canaries'' who just sits in his own filth and loves every minute of it

[quote user="lake district canary"]Very similar to most games this season.  Flatter to deceive in possession, give away a soft goal through poor midfield passing, giving the ball away and not having enough cover, then having to fight back.     So far we''ve done enough to stay top of the league, but surely Adams can see what the problem is??   More men in midfield would surely have been a better strategy to start with.    Keep the ball, let Fulham do the running around.  All the long ball stuff is just amateurish at this level and the short passing isn''t up to much either.   7We''re strong when behind and need to be today.  But we need some strikes on target![/quote]Couldn''t have put it better myself. Some fans need to take off the rose-tinted specs and realise that we''re not as good as they think we are. Alarm bells should have rung when the owner told us that nobody was available to replace Hughton and when we were lied to about there being a Europe-wide search for a new manager.Watford managed to find someone far more experienced than a youth coach/local radio personality. Someone with a record of playing something better than a tired old British game with numbers pushed forward to make it look exciting and mask a lack of quality.Changes at board level are needed, because at the moment we''re like the FA in that we''re well-stocked with clueless old duffers who know little about football.

1touch wrote the following post at 18/10/2014 6:50 PM:

lake district canary wrote:

Very similar to most games this season. Flatter to deceive in possession, give away a soft goal through poor midfield passing, giving the ball away and not having enough cover, then having to fight back. So far we''ve done enough to stay top of the league, but surely Adams can see what the problem is?? More men in midfield would surely have been a better strategy to start with. Keep the ball, let Fulham do the running around. All the long ball stuff is just amateurish at this level and the short passing isn''t up to much either. 7

We''re strong when behind and need to be today. But we need some strikes on target!

Couldn''t have put it better myself. Some fans need to take off the rose-tinted specs and realise that we''re not as good as they think we are. Alarm bells should have rung when the owner told us that nobody was available to replace Hughton and when we were lied to about there being a Europe-wide search for a new manager.

Watford managed to find someone far more experienced than a youth coach/local radio personality. Someone with a record of playing something better than a tired old British game with numbers pushed forward to make it look exciting and mask a lack of quality.

Changes at board level are needed, because at the moment we''re like the FA in that we''re well-stocked with clueless old duffers who know little about football.

Here we go!