Sign in to follow this  
?

Mark Robson

If Robson was the sacrificial lamb then Gary Holt needs to breath a huge sigh of relief. From where I sit it was Robson who was out his seat encouraging the players, not Adams and certainly not Holt. And this is probably the most unfit City side I''ve seen for a while. How often do we score goals in injury time now? Never.

Apologies if it''s been mentioned elsewhere but it seems the Board have hit the Nayul well and truly on the head, trouble is they hit the wrong bloody Nayul.

No, I have no reason to say that or even think that. I''m saying thaton the occasion their teams met Adams team were clearly superior. If Lennon knew how to win the points he would have done so. The fatso at Rotherham managed it a few games earlier with a so called inferior squad.

Why do you think people feel it necessary not to credit Adams with that win Miggo?

Until the ''insiders'' of those on her tell us we have no idea why he was sacked. He could have thrown the sherry at Delia, he could have punched Martin, he could have been found wanting in his job..

I hope he chucked the sherry!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]No, I have no reason to say that or even think that. I''m saying thaton the occasion their teams met Adams team were clearly superior. If Lennon knew how to win the points he would have done so. The fatso at Rotherham managed it a few games earlier with a so called inferior squad.

Why do you think people feel it necessary not to credit Adams with that win Miggo?[/quote]
I credit Adams with that win, but he needs to turn things around quickly or is going to be out the door and our chances of a quick return to the Premier League blown.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]No, I have no reason to say that or even think that. I''m saying thaton the occasion their teams met Adams team were clearly superior. If Lennon knew how to win the points he would have done so. The fatso at Rotherham managed it a few games earlier with a so called inferior squad.

Why do you think people feel it necessary not to credit Adams with that win Miggo?[/quote]

The Bolton match was  a car crash waiting to happen.  We were fortunate not to concede a second goal.  I mentioned it after that match that one or two of our players were ill disciplined, trying to get forward when we should have been consolidating a 2-0 lead against a side trying to get back into the game.   Exactly the same at Forest - and we only had a one goal lead.   Ill discipline is the fault of the players, but the manager has to put that right. If he doesn''t, he takes the blame.  Its happened too often now. 

[quote user="percy varco"]Until the ''insiders'' of those on her tell us we have no idea why he was sacked. He could have thrown the sherry at Delia, he could have punched Martin, he could have been found wanting in his job..

I hope he chucked the sherry![/quote]
I think Michael Bailey has pretty much given away the reason.  Robson and Adams were disagreeing on tactics and couldn''t work together - maybe something was said in the dressing room. 
A bit like what happened with our best player Seb Bassong, who is currently doing a good job on loan at promotion rivals Watford.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]No, I have no reason to say that or even think that. I''m saying thaton the occasion their teams met Adams team were clearly superior. If Lennon knew how to win the points he would have done so. The fatso at Rotherham managed it a few games earlier with a so called inferior squad.

The Bolton match was  a car crash waiting to happen.  We were fortunate not to concede a second goal.  I mentioned it after that match that one or two of our players were ill disciplined, trying to get forward when we should have been consolidating a 2-0 lead against a side trying to get back into the game.   Exactly the same at Forest - and we only had a one goal lead.   Ill discipline is the fault of the players, but the manager has to put that right. If he doesn''t, he takes the blame.  Its happened too often now. 

[/quote]

Unfortunately football doesn''t come in nice little packages like that Lakey. You havbe a look at any week''s fixtures and see how the games went. You take the wins when and how you can. I can just as easily point out to you all the times we were unfortunate not to win games. But come the end of the season where we are is where we deserve to be. Trying to discredit a manager for winning is a new one on me. How does that work? We''ve had 2 defeats since then, isn''t that enough for you?

Perhaps Adams could be a better manager than him if Lennon couldn''t even get a point against the rabble you are describing...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]All those things certainly make Lennon look good Jim. Not sureif that makes Adams victory against him more impressive though? What do you think?[/quote]

Not really. We''ve just got a better team than them and their confidence very low away from home. we should beat virtually every team at Carrow Road with the team we have.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="nutty nigel"]All those things certainly make Lennon look good Jim. Not sureif that makes Adams victory against him more impressive though? What do you think?[/quote]

Not really. We''ve just got a better team than them and their confidence very low away from home. we should beat virtually every team at Carrow Road with the team we have.[/quote]

Fair enough. I used to know a Wolves fan who sounded like you...

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 10/11/2014 6:56 PM:No, I have no reason to say that or even think that. I''m saying thaton the occasion their teams met Adams team were clearly superior. If Lennon knew how to win the points he would have done so. The fatso at Rotherham managed it a few games earlier with a so called inferior squad.

Why do you think people feel it necessary not to credit Adams with that win Miggo?

-------------------------------------------------------

I think if Lennon knew how to win the points he would have tried to do so like Rotherham did, but football doesn''t work like that (as you said to Lakey, a little bit patronisingly I might add), there''s many ways to win a football match. Like you said, (or referred to) they should have set up shop and caught us on the counter, however there are of course variables such as player performance, that''s quite a big consideration.

I think people credit Adams/team with the victory, but because Bolton did look poor after the first 10 mins, with our team, I think people (myself included) know that the win could''ve been so much more comfortable because in the level in quality that we have but aren''t finding in every game, we still keep making the same mistakes and as a fan it''s hard to acknowledge a win in a sea of poor results and performances whilst making these same mistakes which are not being addressed, but often noted.

I think this looks a very promising move.I have faith in Adams, but he needs experiened help- he said as much when Joe Royle was involved.I know nothing of what Robson''s role was but if he is the necessary head to roll in order to bring in some experience like Culverhouse, Phelan or similar to work alongside Neil then it is a positive move. I actually hope it was not a breach of discipline or anything like that and more a strategic move to bring in the missing piece of the puzzle.The team is not far off- we need to sure up the defence a little and sharpen up Grabban, Lafferty and Hooper to help Jerome.Adams has made good signings by the looks of it- Jerome is a hit although many moaned about that one, the new CBs need to gel but are capable players. Grabban started really well but is suffering a dip and Lafferty gives something we havent had for a long time. O''Neil is a great influence in the middle and is getting up to fitness and playing more... the old problems are still there, its been 3 years since we were a free scoring team but we have started to see glimpses of it coming back a few weeks ago.The last time we had a solid defence was 2003-04 in my opinion- thats a decade ago- it is going to take time but I think there is promise... we need a new right back but I think with experience added to the back room it can happen.All in all- I still think we will get at least a play off place this season and there is a lot of panic from a few shaky weeks. Come January I may not be feeling so confident but right now I think this is a positive move that will help implement the tweaks needed.

I don''t think what I said was patronising.

I believe you take the wins where and how you can get them.

I think a lot of the comments being made here are arrogant. I''ve seen clubs think they are on loan to the champs far too often to fall for it myself. Of course we all want promotion but even the bookies thought the chances are we wouldn''t get promoted.

I thought we were joint favourites before a ball had been kicked

On paper we have the best squad in the league, we shouldn''t be mid table with the squad we have. It''s not arrogant to think we should be doing a hell of a lot better than we are atm.

I''m minded to agree with Purple that the most likely reason for his dismissal was simply one of personality clash. I suspect that Adams is in for the long haul. I still have no understanding as to why he was appointed and can also assume that the board is more comfortable with managing a Championship rather than Premier League club. I remain of the view than Lennon, Warnock or indeed McCarthy would have take us to automatic promotion. But those are now missed opportunities. We should go and get Pulis tonight but we won''t.

Hooper, Redmond, Murphy on the bench! Those three would walk into pretty much every other team in this league. We should be doing far better than what we are. With this squad any manager worth his salt should be getting promotion, if not then either the manager isnt up to the job or the players are not putting in honest performances.

Now that a vacancy in the management team has been created (for whatever reason), so many posters on this and most other threads are expressing encouragement to bring in quality, proven help to assist Adams.

For crying out loud - we need a new manager to get a grip and give direction to the entire operation, not someone to help a man who has got himself into something he can''t handle. Besides, what self-respecting experienced football man with a successful c.v. would want work for Adams?

Why so many fans have allowed themselves to be brainwashed into believing that Adams has something special that will eventually come out, is beyond me. Are their memories so short that they forget that his permanent appointment was the biggest shambles imaginable?

I really did think that after Forest and all before it, even McNally would have to eat humble pie (again) and take immediate action but todays events do suggest that we are to be saddled for a while longer. I suppose the thinking is that a change now would give the new man time to turn fortunes round and of course, we like to leave these things until its too late.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="percy varco"]Until the ''insiders'' of those on her tell us we have no idea why he was sacked. He could have thrown the sherry at Delia, he could have punched Martin, he could have been found wanting in his job..

I hope he chucked the sherry![/quote]
I think Michael Bailey has pretty much given away the reason.  Robson and Adams were disagreeing on tactics and couldn''t work together - maybe something was said in the dressing room. 
A bit like what happened with our best player Seb Bassong, who is currently doing a good job on loan at promotion rivals Watford.
[/quote]

Personality clashes usually end with one person leaving not being sacked.

As I said, its all hearsay

[quote user="JF"]I thought we were joint favourites before a ball had been kicked[/quote]

I think we were 3/1 to get promoted and 10/1 to win the title.

Taking the bookies margin into account our chances were probably 4 times more likely not to be promoted and 11 times more likely not to be champions. Which is about right.

Expectations were a lot higher amongst our fans than amongst those looking in.

But I think our high expectations were fair, certainly a top six finish was not unreasonable to expect.

If Neil can do that for us I will be happy.

I would personally say that not only do most of our fans expect more, but also pundit, other managers and fans as well as our board have said we''ve got the best squad in the league. If neil can get us winning we''ll all be happy, but he''s got a long way to go on this season''s evidence so far, the decision rests with the board and not with some of these trigger happy fans fortunately.

Chris Sutton said a couple of months ago that winning the league by less than 10 clear points would be a failure for this squad. Or something along those lines!

It''s interesting to read what the bookies make of it. Before the season started Cardiff were 9/4, Fulham 3/1 and Norwich 10/3. But today Cardiff are 8/1, Fulham 12/1 and Norwich 9/4. So perhaps Adams has convinced them a bit more than he has most of the posters on here.

[quote user="JF"]Chris Sutton said a couple of months ago that winning the league by less than 10 clear points would be a failure for this squad. Or something along those lines![/quote]

Was he being serious? Is that what you think too?

I can remember pundits on sky sports news saying we were most likely to go up having kept most of our players, and for Fulham to go down with Blackpool, as well as the likes of Manish and Steve Claridge (not that his opinion is worth anything) saying that we''re basically gonna go up. However I''m only going on what I''ve seen personally, before the season started Derby were right up there as well, I''m sure now they are favourites, I''m not going to claim that most pundits think this way as I have only based that information from sky, the bbc and the guardian

Yes he was being serious. No team is standing apart from the rest of the league this season. Had we realised our potential by now and turned games that we dominated into points on the board we would probably be nearly 10 points clear at the top by now. My opinion is that anything less than promotion this season should be seen as failure.