Sign in to follow this  
?

Mark Robson

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="morty"]That Hughton fella knew a bit about defences, time to welcome him back into the fold?[/quote]

Should have never have sacked him in the first place, at least he knew how to see out a 1-0 win.[/quote]Lol, maybe best we don''t get into actual debate about it[;)]

Just to throw a spanner into the works, perhaps this paves the way for Neil to revert to being first team coach.......

As I mentioned on another thread, The team tends to outplay the opposition in most games, so only needs a little tweaking to put it right.    Mark Robson is the first little tweak !

[quote user="morty"]Just to throw a spanner into the works, perhaps this paves the way for Neil to revert to being first team coach.......[/quote]

Can''t imagine him being up for dropping down to that role tbh Morty

alex_ncfc wrote the following post at 2014-11-10 4:04 PM

Can''t imagine him being up for dropping down to that role tbh

I''m with Morty on this one - but if he doesn''t want to drop down he may have to follow Robson!

A test of his love and ''legend'' label.

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]In fact I thought the same as Morty , Discussed something similar with my brother over the weekend , but that was before this happened obviously , but not such a stupid idea .[/quote]I just threw it out there, it was maybe slightly tongue in cheek.But its surprising how many times I have seen it said that perhaps Neil is a good coach, just not a good manager (yet perhaps)

City 2nd - alex_ncfc wrote the following post at 2014-11-10 4:04 PM

Can''t imagine him being up for dropping down to that role tbh

I''m with Morty on this one - but if he doesn''t want to drop down he may have to follow Robson!

A test of his love and ''legend'' label

Depends if the players would have respect for him if, say for example, they don''t like working with him and his methods now, it won''t help still having him involved.

I would be happy with Neil stepping down for an experienced manager coming in or for Phelan to come in to add his vast experience to the management team.

I suppose what''s interesting is that the statement reads "no further comment *at this time*" although maybe I am reading too much into that.

[quote user="morty"]That Hughton fella knew a bit about defences, time to welcome him back into the fold?
[/quote]

David Blunkett - he knows how to hang on to a lead [;)]

After last year''s fiasco, the board must surely recognise that they need to take decisive action to arrest the slide. This does not amount to decisive action, and unless they have someone seriously experienced coming in to replace Robson it can only be a backwards move. And even if they were bringing in someone experienced, it doesn''t say much about their faith in Adams that he now needs a ''babysitter'' to keep an eye on him. May as well have gone the whole hog and removed him and Holt too.It won''t happen, though, they''ll let us flounder and call it ''consolidation''. Who knows, maybe Neil will take a year to learn the ropes and then surprise us all next year? I doubt the fans will stand by long enough to give him that chance, though - the board must surely know from last year''s experiences that once a manager has lost the fans, even an upturn in form is only ever a stay of execution.

[quote user="Making Plans"]

[quote user="morty"]That Hughton fella knew a bit about defences, time to welcome him back into the fold?
[/quote]

David Blunkett - he knows how to hang on to a lead [;)]

[/quote][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/640232a712_zps57437961.gif.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/640232a712_zps57437961.gif[/IMG][/URL]

As Ricardo said - they all run out of road in the end. However Pardew is still at Newcastle and Allardyce remains at West Ham.

there''s a few unanswered questions here...

first of all Why? why Robson? what was his day to day involvement with the squad? the board have done something to act but is is a sign of weakness that they can''t sack Adams due to a duty of care to him?

Have we already got someone else lined up? an experienced old head who knows the division inside out and has a contact list as long as your arm?

Where does this leave Adams? did he make the decision to move Robson on or did that come from futher up the ladder.. and.. crucially.. is this the "buck up your ideas" warning to him from the board...

we''ve now got a gap before our next game... time enough to research and put feelers out for any potential staff... lose the game and I Think Adams and holt are gone. with the replacement already lined up and here by the Monday

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

first of all Why? why Robson? what was his day to day involvement with the squad? the board have done something to act but is is a sign of weakness that they can''t sack Adams due to a duty of care to him?

Have we already got someone else lined up? an experienced old head who knows the division inside out and has a contact list as long as your arm?

Where does this leave Adams? did he make the decision to move Robson on or did that come from futher up the ladder.. and.. crucially.. is this the "buck up your ideas" warning to him from the board...

we''ve now got a gap before our next game... time enough to research and put feelers out for any potential staff... lose the game and I Think Adams and holt are gone. with the replacement already lined up and here by the Monday

[/quote]Mcnally said that the clubs management team had been restructured, and I believe Hughton came in for criticism for micro managing, and basically spreading himself too thin. It would not surprise me if Adams had the brief, when he took the job, of leaving the coaching to the coaches.So, in light of current form, is it that crazy that we part company with a coach?And I actually buy into the theory of a bit of managerial stability.If people are willing to keep an open mind (and we get the right man in) then this could actually make sense.

I''m a bit torn on this one because it is true to say that in recent games many of our problems (particularly with the defence) have suggested that the training/coaching has not been up to scratch. As I''ve said on another thread many of the problems have been down to poor concentration, not keeping our shape and bad marking from the defence. The number of errors is alarming. If Robson is to be replaced by a better coach then that may help things a bit.

However, i am unconvinced that Robson is the one who decides to play 4 central midfielders in a diamond or who fell out with Bassong or who consistently picked Martin at CB or who continues to snub Hooper to play a striker who keeps missing easy chances. Ultimately, if the club feel the problem is the first team coach then that implies that said coach is more important to how we perform than the manager. That of course would not normally be the case but perhaps when you have such a naive and inexperienced manager then the performance of the coaches assumes more significance!

Which all again begs the question as to why we appointed such an inexperienced manager in the first place......

I was replying to FTW. Both those managers found a way back but like all managers they will run out of road in the end.

If Allardyce finally goes in 2015 will it be because he lost the fans in 2013?

I did think that was your thought .

It is a good indication though , that some seemingly under performing managers can pull it all together again .

I think that the difference here is that they are both extremely experienced ,, whereas our Neil is not , and could do with some help,

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I was replying to FTW. Both those managers found a way back but like all managers they will run out of road in the end.

If Allardyce finally goes in 2015 will it be because he lost the fans in 2013?[/quote]Fair point, Nigel. On that proviso, if we were to score convincing back-to-back home wins against Brighton and Reading after the international break with a new coach in the fold, I can''t imagine fans would be baying for Adams'' blood – after all, we were vocally supporting him during the Bolton game. I wonder if people, myself included, would be placated by a couple of convincing victories?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]Surely that just takes us back to what was happening with Hughton last season , beat West Ham or hes out then the same for the next game . Truth is we will probably beat Brighton at home but does that solve the problem ? the next away game will robably end in defeat and you just stumble on untill the top six is out of reach .

The Bolton game is interesting FTW. I read on here that Adams is inexperienced and we should have appointed the more experienced Lennon. And yet the novice out thought the master to win the points.

I hope the board give Adams all the support he needs to be a success. After all tbey said he was the best candidate only a few months ago. It looks like they''re doing that.

Ha! We are being run by committee. I assume Adams had a major say in his back room staff, so what''s changed since the appointment other than we are shambles

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The Bolton game is interesting FTW. I read on here that Adams is inexperienced and we should have appointed the more experienced Lennon. And yet the novice out thought the master to win the points.

I hope the board give Adams all the support he needs to be a success. After all tbey said he was the best candidate only a few months ago. It looks like they''re doing that.[/quote]With respect, Lennon had only been at Bolton for a matter of days when they played us, and on paper it was a game we should have expected to win. I don''t think you can look at those 90 minutes as any kind of ''proof'' that Adams was a better appointment than Lennon – Bolton''s performances and results since should also be borne in mind.