Sign in to follow this  
?

Mark Robson

[quote user="mrs miggins"]We do need a defensive coach, but we also need Adams to realise that most teams are going to try and counter us, therefore we need our defensive midfielder sitting deep, that''s how we got promoted last time, we attacked and Fox stayed back. The goals we''re conceding are not only from being caught on the counter and midfield not doing their job, the defence organisation at times is pretty woeful (at other times fantastic), yet individual defensive errors are also very high. Can''t wait for Bennett to come back....Bassong should be in the team, although of course none of us really know the situation with him.[/quote]

I can''t see this at all. We''d be comfortably top of the league if it wasn''t for ridiculous defensive mistakes and poor decision making. In the games I''ve seen I can''t think of a goal we conceded that would have been avoided with a midfielder virtually in the back four. Lakey said about us letting Bolton back in the game but the goal we conceded was a through ball by Olsson. What I said about Calderwood was tongue in cheek. But we are naieve defensively all of a sudden. Whether that''s the managers/coaches fault or not they are responsible for the mindset of the players I guess. Hughton had a defensive mindset and Adams is attack minded. This is clearly shown by the goal we conceded to lose at Forest. Hughton would have conditioned the players to take a point. There''s no way he''d have slung that corner in looking for a winner in 90+2. The mindset under Adams was that we were winning so we needed to be winning again rather than accept that we''d given them a goal so would have to be happy with 1 point.

Back to the topic of the thread we can only speculate about the reasons for Robson''s departure. But we can see how it was possible. Earlier on last season many fans were demanding a change in the coaching staff as a measure rather than sack Hughton. But I can see where that might not have been possible even if the board had considered it. Because it''s likely that Hughton/Calderood/Trollope come as a team which can''t be broken up contractually. Hence the comments in the summer about throwing the club into chaos when a change is made. Having recognised that McNally has a situation where the board have more control of individual contracts and so can make a change, even to the manager, without the whole structure falling apart.

I know it was tongue in cheek but we do need someone to organise our defence, and midfield. In terms of the defensive midfield just staying back, Fulham being a prime example; olsson (if I remember correctly was caught up the field from a counter attack and it was either Tettey or BJ who covered for him - great, but we need someone to sit in front of the back four to make sure there''s no space to get caught on the counter, leeds the same thing, we were defending a throw in, if Tettey or any defensive midfielder was goal side of the attacker, that goal would''ve been prevented, but so would it if the defender (either whitts or Turner can''t remember) hadn''t headed across to their team. Like I said it''s a combination of things imo, mostly individual errors though,

Oh. Well as long as you found that out I can rest easy it''s honest and truthful.

And not complete BS, of course.

Three of Neyul''s assistants have now left the club. Joe Royal defected to Everton in July, Paul Nevin left in August to work for the Premier League and now Robson has been booted out. Considering the exodus of backroom staff and players I would think Robson is glad he''s no longer involved in such a shambles.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Do you just copy and paste, changing perhaps one or two words or do you write the whole thing out each time?[/quote]Good idea. This post will come in handy for when Adams leaves.

I work with someone who is a good friend of marks brother glen. (Southend coach) this is my source. Have known this a while but wouldn''t talk about it on here while mark still at ncfc. Am not one for making up bs. Check post history. (If you can do that here) plus not gaining anything from this if was bs.

[quote user="flying high up in the sky"]Found out today that robson was sacked because he had been picking the team and sorting tactics for all matches and with results not going well as late he had to go. Robson was basically manager with Adams learning from him.[/quote]So after extensively searching Europe the board appointed a journeyman

coach whose only managerial experience was six months at Barnet (before

being sacked). They then hoodwink supporters into believing that a former radio

commentator is the actual manager, when in fact he''s just a puppet.Going on the past record of bat5h!t stupidity under Delia & co the above sounds very plausible!

Surely as coaches Holt and Robson did have some say and advised/gave opinions, but ultimately they carry out the managers orders each game/week? though we don''t know, only the people at the club do. Saying that a source is Mark Robson''s brothers friend doesn''t really cut the mustard, even if it''s a true source, it''s not a very good source at all. (imo)

[quote user="foxruels"]

James Nursey@JamesNursey · 9 minutes ago

also in today, Mark Robson''s sacking as 1st team coach explained: he undermined Adams with post-Forest blast at players

[/quote]This lends some weight to flying high''s story about Robson effectively being in charge, bearing in mind the players would almost certainly not have known that Adams was a puppet.

[quote user="foxruels"]

Recent tweet by James Nursey of the Mirror

James Nursey@JamesNursey · 9 minutes ago

also in today, Mark Robson''s sacking as 1st team coach explained: he undermined Adams with post-Forest blast at players

[/quote]

Hard to argue that the players didnt need a blast following the forest game;   where does that leave O''Neil who was similarily critical of his team mates?   Will he start next time out - or ever again?  [:P]

If Adams is being undermined then is he strong enough to manage the team?

any other manager worth his salts would have either agreed with Robson, or taken the moral high ground and "slapped him down" (not literally) into his place.

If NA is coming out and saying "we didnt lambast the players" when the assistant did just that it means they arent singing off the same sheet.

Don''t worry Canary Cop they''re just popping the wheels on it

If Robson was in effect manager due to Adams lacking experience then would this mean that Holt becomes the new unofficial manager? Or is Adams now experienced enough to make the step up from pretend manager to real manager? It''s all very confusing.

jas the barclay king wrote the following post at 14/11/2014 12:43 PM:If NA is coming out and saying "we didnt lambast the players" when the assistant did just that it means they arent singing off the same sheet.

---------------------------

I don''t think it means that at all, all that means is that Adams didn''t say what really happened in the dressing room to the media, it happens all the time. It''s about saying the right thing to the media, not the honest thing (unfortunately for the fans).

On the subject of Mark Robson undermining Adams, firstly who leaked it, second did they, thirdly where does this put Adams.

What this is highlighting is that once again our once great club has been turned into a joke by the Stowmarket 2 and their poor appointments how much longer, how much longer must we suffer their witheringly incompetent ownership.

[quote user="John tree"]What this is highlighting is that once again our once great club has been turned into a joke by the Stowmarket 2 and their poor appointments how much longer, how much longer must we suffer their witheringly incompetent ownership.[/quote]It''s simple Waveney, just make them an offer for their shares they can''t afford to turn down and away you go. Just think of all the people you can have on the board........Waveney Canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley / Thorpe End Canary / River End Canary / Marvin Fairlady / Mike Hunt / Lowestoft Canary / Norwich4life / Herr Flick / Humpty the canary / Newton / Wizard of Waveney / Canary fun and games / Haven Canary / Lowestoft Determined Canary / flake district canary / Down in the Chumps / Adnams Out / Cheap Cheap Canaries / What Crisis? / Fluffy Bunny / Mankey Monkey / Tufty Squirrel / Even Keel  / King street canary / Chestnut canary / Ellie Goulding / Jeff butler / John thaw / John tree / Canary buffet...[:D]

Depending on who really was the manager, it could be the case that Adams undermined Robson. The opportunity was there with Robson''s poor results and performances, and the motivation would obviously have been for Adams to claim the manager''s job as his own. It would be extremely messy if it came out that Adams was a puppet manager so McNasty bit the bullet, sacked Robson and promoted Adams to manager.

Now we apparently know why Robson was sacked (it was as the curtness of the announcement indicated in essence a breach of discipline) it will be interesting to see if a replacement is named in the next week or two. If there is, that would suggest the board still has confidence in Adams. If  not that might mean doubts have crept in and  he only has a few games (perhaps the next two) to allay those fearsThe point being that the board would hardly appoint a new coach if they thought there might soon be a new manager, who would bring in his own staff, making the new coach redundant.