Sign in to follow this  
?

Mark Robson

Clearly our board of directors think we are a bunch of norfolk dumplings who will be satisfied by the sacking of a bit player.

More than ever the problem is clearly our board of directors.

Which leaves me no alternative but to call for the immediate and unconditional resignation of the entire board of directors of ncfc

Yes I do recall Claridge on the football league show saying we were going to basically walk it a few games in. It''s so frustrating what has happened since.

[quote user="JF"]Yes he was being serious. No team is standing apart from the rest of the league this season. Had we realised our potential by now and turned games that we dominated into points on the board we would probably be nearly 10 points clear at the top by now. My opinion is that anything less than promotion this season should be seen as failure.[/quote]

Of course anything less than promotion is failure. If anyone at the club or supporters aims are for something less than promotion I''ll be amazed. There is a difference between that and the arrogance being shown on here.

[quote user="John tree"]Which leaves me no alternative but to call for the immediate and unconditional resignation of the entire board of directors of ncfc[/quote]Blimey Waveney, I''m having a job keeping up. [:S]Waveney Canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley / Thorpe End Canary / River End Canary / Marvin Fairlady / Mike Hunt / Lowestoft Canary / Norwich4life / Herr Flick / Humpty the canary / Newton / Wizard of Waveney / Canary fun and games / Haven Canary / Lowestoft Determined Canary / flake district canary / Down in the Chumps / Adnams Out / Cheap Cheap Canaries / What Crisis? / Fluffy Bunny / Mankey Monkey / Tufty Squirrel / Even Keel  / King street canary / Chestnut canary / Ellie Goulding / Jeff butler / John thaw / John tree

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]No, I have no reason to say that or even think that. I''m saying thaton the occasion their teams met Adams team were clearly superior. If Lennon knew how to win the points he would have done so. The fatso at Rotherham managed it a few games earlier with a so called inferior squad.

Why do you think people feel it necessary not to credit Adams with that win Miggo?[/quote]The Bolton match was  a car crash waiting to happen.  We were fortunate not to concede a second goal.  I mentioned it after that match that one or two of our players were ill disciplined, trying to get forward when we should have been consolidating a 2-0 lead against a side trying to get back into the game.   Exactly the same at Forest - and we only had a one goal lead.   Ill discipline is the fault of the players, but the manager has to put that right. If he doesn''t, he takes the blame.  Its happened too often now.  [/quote]

Unfortunately football doesn''t come in nice little packages like that Lakey. You havbe a look at any week''s fixtures and see how the games went. You take the wins when and how you can. I can just as easily point out to you all the times we were unfortunate not to win games. But come the end of the season where we are is where we deserve to be. Trying to discredit a manager for winning is a new one on me. How does that work? We''ve had 2 defeats since then, isn''t that enough for you? Perhaps Adams could be a better manager than him if Lennon couldn''t even get a point against the rabble you are describing...

[/quote]

I know we should be grateful for any points we get, but at the Bolton game we witnessed a match where we were comfortable, yet the substitutions - which didn''t work - actually made our midfield disappear at a time when we really needed them. Johnson was playing an open attacking game when he came on, or appeared to, to me.  The same kind of thing happened against Forest - but this time no substitutions at all to help midfield. An extra body and fresh legs were needed in midfield and to get caught forward like we did for the corner was criminal.   I''ll credit the players and the manager for the Bolton win, but the signs have been there all season.  We are easy meat and every other team knows it.   Something has to change.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]No, I have no reason to say that or even think that. I''m saying thaton the occasion their teams met Adams team were clearly superior. If Lennon knew how to win the points he would have done so. The fatso at Rotherham managed it a few games earlier with a so called inferior squad.

Why do you think people feel it necessary not to credit Adams with that win Miggo?[/quote]The Bolton match was  a car crash waiting to happen.  We were fortunate not to concede a second goal.  I mentioned it after that match that one or two of our players were ill disciplined, trying to get forward when we should have been consolidating a 2-0 lead against a side trying to get back into the game.   Exactly the same at Forest - and we only had a one goal lead.   Ill discipline is the fault of the players, but the manager has to put that right. If he doesn''t, he takes the blame.  Its happened too often now.  [/quote]

Unfortunately football doesn''t come in nice little packages like that Lakey. You havbe a look at any week''s fixtures and see how the games went. You take the wins when and how you can. I can just as easily point out to you all the times we were unfortunate not to win games. But come the end of the season where we are is where we deserve to be. Trying to discredit a manager for winning is a new one on me. How does that work? We''ve had 2 defeats since then, isn''t that enough for you? Perhaps Adams could be a better manager than him if Lennon couldn''t even get a point against the rabble you are describing...

[/quote]

I know we should be grateful for any points we get, but at the Bolton game we witnessed a match where we were comfortable, yet the substitutions - which didn''t work - actually made our midfield disappear at a time when we really needed them. Johnson was playing an open attacking game when he came on, or appeared to, to me.  The same kind of thing happened against Forest - but this time no substitutions at all to help midfield. An extra body and fresh legs were needed in midfield and to get caught forward like we did for the corner was criminal.   I''ll credit the players and the manager for the Bolton win, but the signs have been there all season.  We are easy meat and every other team knows it.   Something has to change.

[/quote]

See this is where I think Adams isn''t getting a fair crack. Even when we win you watch the game through critical eyes that you never used when watching Hughton. It seems to me that far too many people seem to think that Adams is inexperienced compared to them. He''s not. He''s inexperienced due to the short time he''s managed a pro football first team. We got caught conceding from our own corner last season and I don''t remember you blaming Hughton. QPR got caught conceding from their own corner a couple of weeks ago and I didn''t hear one pundit blame ''arry. Give one of our own a break Lakey[:)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]No, I have no reason to say that or even think that. I''m saying thaton the occasion their teams met Adams team were clearly superior. If Lennon knew how to win the points he would have done so. The fatso at Rotherham managed it a few games earlier with a so called inferior squad.

Unfortunately football doesn''t come in nice little packages like that Lakey. You havbe a look at any week''s fixtures and see how the games went. You take the wins when and how you can. I can just as easily point out to you all the times we were unfortunate not to win games. But come the end of the season where we are is where we deserve to be. Trying to discredit a manager for winning is a new one on me. How does that work? We''ve had 2 defeats since then, isn''t that enough for you? Perhaps Adams could be a better manager than him if Lennon couldn''t even get a point against the rabble you are describing...[/quote]

[/quote]

See this is where I think Adams isn''t getting a fair crack. Even when we win you watch the game through critical eyes that you never used when watching Hughton. It seems to me that far too many people seem to think that Adams is inexperienced compared to them. He''s not. He''s inexperienced due to the short time he''s managed a pro football first team. We got caught conceding from our own corner last season and I don''t remember you blaming Hughton. QPR got caught conceding from their own corner a couple of weeks ago and I didn''t hear one pundit blame ''arry. Give one of our own a break Lakey[:)]

[/quote]

What used to frustrate the heck out of me under Hughton was watching players incapable of holding the ball or passing it to one of our own.  Technical deficiencies.  Now I know Hughton failed and all that, but I used to get flack on here for blaming the players.

I also know that we have some very good players in relation to the rest of this league and to watch the undisciplined midfield/defensive work is not imo just down to the players.  If Adams stays, he has to sort out his players to get them to play to their potential and become match winners, not match losers.  I had hoped the Bolton game might have been the start of us showing some resilience, holding on like we did.....just...but the opposite seems to have happened.  

I''ll relent when Adams shows he has got control of his troops and that they appear to know what they are about.  Too much of this season has gone by and not much apparent progress has been made in team work in terms of match play.   If the players think they are going to attack their way to the title - or if that is the message they are getting from Adams - then we can all see that is not going to work.  As with Hughton - balance is the key.  Hughton never got the balance right often enough. Adams imo has not nearly got the balance right either.

Nearly every game has shown us to have a soft underbelly. Is that being addressed enough and in the right way?   Doesn''t appear so.  I''ll give Adams a break when he gets the team a bit more streetwise and savvy enough to know how to defend as a team. 

I do wonder if the ''removal'' of Robson was to make a position available for Neil Adams - perhaps after the Hughton business, David Mc learnt a lesson and gave Adams the job on condition that if it didn''t go well, then he''d be offered another role within the setup and stand aside to allow a more experienced manager (Pulis) to come onboard, thus allowing Neil to continue learning his trade whilst also allowing the club to keep on an employee on whom is clearly highly thought of amongst the NCFC top brass? A bit random I know but it wouldn''t surprise me at all.

[quote user="Alex "]I do wonder if the ''removal'' of Robson was to make a position available for Neil Adams - perhaps after the Hughton business, David Mc learnt a lesson and gave Adams the job on condition that if it didn''t go well, then he''d be offered another role within the setup and stand aside to allow a more experienced manager (Pulis) to come onboard, thus allowing Neil to continue learning his trade whilst also allowing the club to keep on an employee on whom is clearly highly thought of amongst the NCFC top brass? A bit random I know but it wouldn''t surprise me at all.[/quote]Hardly ties in with the Adams I will get Norwich back on track article , also if he thinks he can get us back on track was hasnt he done it earlier ...words of bluster from a man so far out of his depth somebody should phone the coastguards .

[quote user="JF"]I thought we were joint favourites before a ball had been kicked[/quote]

Not so, we were fourth or fifth, according to which bookies odds you were looking at. Both Fulham and Cardiff were shorter odds than us. And bookies odds are not determined by the bookies themselves, but by the volume of bets and the amount of money in those bets. If 6000 bets totalling £5000 are placed on Fulham but only 4000 bets totalling £3500 are placed on Norwich, Fulham will be at shorter odds. Simple mathematics.

So how do they form the book before a bet is placed? Do you think that all teams start at an equal price and then volume of bets then determines what price others get later?

There''d be a funny queue to get the 16/1 or whatever about Chelsea, Man City etc to win the Premier League...

The book is formed by odds compilers and is based on a variety of factors that give them the best possible idea of the likelihood of a given outcome. From that point volume of bets CAN change the price of a team but again won''t be the only factor. For instance, Bournemouth have now won however many games to be right up there and the bookmaker will contract their odds irrespective of the money placed simply because the likelihood of them winning the league has increased with their current form. The money placed on them still has some influence but their price will have contracted far more than the money placed would merit on its own.

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="JF"]I thought we were joint favourites before a ball had been kicked[/quote]

Not so, we were fourth or fifth, according to which bookies odds you were looking at. Both Fulham and Cardiff were shorter odds than us. And bookies odds are not determined by the bookies themselves, but by the volume of bets and the amount of money in those bets. If 6000 bets totalling £5000 are placed on Fulham but only 4000 bets totalling £3500 are placed on Norwich, Fulham will be at shorter odds. Simple mathematics.[/quote]

Where do we think we would have been in the bookies odds had we appointed an experienced manager in the summer? I may be wrong on this but i seem to recall our odds lengthened after we appointed Adams.

I''ve made my view on Adams appointment clear and i think its him who should have been replaced but to be fair one of our key issues appears to have been very little or poor coaching of the team defensively. We don''t hold our shape well enough, don;t mark well enough and thus regularly get caught out when we lose the ball in midfield. If that was down to Robson not implementing instructions from Adams properly and a different coach can instill more structure and discipline to our team then this latest move may work. I hope it does. I fear though that it won;t.

Robson leaving is merely a minor re-arrangement of the deckchairs on the Titanic. Alas it''s not Smith and Jones who have left the club, for that to happen we might have to wait for the ship to sink.

Jim, If the odds of 10/3 were big because of Neil Adams supposed ineptitude I''d love to hear your theory as to why we''re 9/4 now.

I''d like to offer a few thoughts on some of this:

1. We actually should have beaten Bolton much more comfortably the way the game went so I would suggest that Adams did get one over on Lennon. We missed several really good chances, the best being Whitakers in the second half and they were just not in the game after the first 45.

2. Those who discredit Adams often point to the Chelsea game last season but I see that as a near masterstroke when he virtually outthought Mourinho who clearly wasn''t happy. We only failed to get 3 points because of a blind ref and Snod''s inability to keep up with Cahill.

3. The wilful search for conspiracy theories is self perpetuating and ultimately unconstructive since any of us can invent anything when left in a factual vacuum. None of us has any idea whatsoever about the instant termination but it can be viewed as a positive opportunity to get someone good to help out. I think we''d be an attractive proposition to many coaches with our squad, stability, support and potential.

4. CH was criticised for being too rigid over selections and the players playing with fear. NA has, or at least had, them playing with more abandon and switches line ups and formations. Which do we want? Lambert was hardly a defence merchant- regularly espousing the merits of attack as the best form of defence.

5. If football went the way of the squad on paper winning every match then few of us would follow it. The very unpredictability which draws so many to the game is the reason why we shouldn''t be surprised by not winning any one individual match.

I''m intrigued by the Robson situation, but like Swindoncanary has said I also believe that at the moment it is more about tweaking than radicalism, a very different proposition from the last regime.

Well we shall see. There''s no doubt a different approach is needed in order to finish in thetop two this season from trying to just survive last season. The fact that we have had most goal attempts and put in most crosses in this league is heartening. But being caught on the break so often is not. I guess we can''t always have the best of both worlds even though we always want that.

I suppose calderwood and tTrollope are still out of a job if anyone thinks they''d help with the defensive stuff...

-Tumbleweed: Those who discredit Adams often point to the Chelsea game last season but I see that as a near masterstroke when he virtually outthought Mourinho who clearly wasn''t happy. We only failed to get 3 points because of a blind ref and Snod''s inability to keep up with Cahill.

What masterstroke????? We had no strikers on the pitch and had just one shot in the last 20 minutes of a must win game, against a faltering Chelsea side who were desperate for a win themselves.

Of course Mourinho was annoyed and bemused, annoyed because it was the final nail in their title hopes, and bemused as he just watched us bizarrely play for a draw in a game we needed to win to stand any chance of staying up!!

Who wouldn''t be bemused but such idiocy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It effectively relegated us.

Even more hilarious, many on here lauded it as a great result. A complete embarrassment.

We do need a defensive coach, but we also need Adams to realise that most teams are going to try and counter us, therefore we need our defensive midfielder sitting deep, that''s how we got promoted last time, we attacked and Fox stayed back. The goals we''re conceding are not only from being caught on the counter and midfield not doing their job, the defence organisation at times is pretty woeful (at other times fantastic), yet individual defensive errors are also very high. Can''t wait for Bennett to come back....Bassong should be in the team, although of course none of us really know the situation with him.

Indeed CJF but we would have been royally mullered had we tried to go all out attack for the win. It was exactly what Mourinho wanted us to do. With Oscar, Hazard and Co etc running at our exposed defence it would have been Man City all over again. I think Adams did the right thing, it has worked for others and he had to be realistic. That meant parking the old bus and holding out. Then when Chelsea tried to up the pressure he brought on Redmond to try to use his pace, and he did look threatening, nearly getting free on several occasions but up against a world class central pairing. Snodgrass nearly got on the end of that through ball but the fact he didn''t summed up our limitations last season. So it wasn''t what we wanted and it scuppered old Jose''s chances as he just assumed we would be naïve and throw men forward. Not pretty but I do still think it was right tactically and I don''t agree that we played for a draw. We would never have outscored them in an open free flowing game. Sometimes you just have to be pragmatic, just like Jose himself was at Anfield in that 0-2 win last season.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]-Tumbleweed: Those who discredit Adams often point to the Chelsea game last season but I see that as a near masterstroke when he virtually outthought Mourinho who clearly wasn''t happy. We only failed to get 3 points because of a blind ref and Snod''s inability to keep up with Cahill.

What masterstroke????? We had no strikers on the pitch and had just one shot in the last 20 minutes of a must win game, against a faltering Chelsea side who were desperate for a win themselves.

Of course Mourinho was annoyed and bemused, annoyed because it was the final nail in their title hopes, and bemused as he just watched us bizarrely play for a draw in a game we needed to win to stand any chance of staying up!!

Who wouldn''t be bemused but such idiocy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It effectively relegated us.

Even more hilarious, many on here lauded it as a great result. A complete embarrassment.[/quote]

Have to agree with you CJF.   Couldn''t believe that day.  We could have just nicked it, but we kept tight to get the draw - but we needed the win.   Forward to this season and things are the opposite.  Always pushing forwards leaving the defence exposed.  If we played like we did against Chelsea every week we would have more clean sheets.  Eight of that team (inc Redders, sub) play regularly this season.   Same manager, different approach?  But why?   We needed a win against Chelsea, so why didn''t we go for it in the last ten minutes?  At Forest playing tight - as we did against Chelsea - would have seen us home.  But we committed too far forwards when it wasn''t necessary. Wrong mentality shown imo. Whether that''s down to the players or manager I don''t know.  All I know is that it needs putting right.

He did little wrong v chelsea, the other games on the other hand his tactics were shameful and was the reason why I didn''t think he would get the job because of the lack of experience he seemed to show. He did, we had a flying start and now is his blip, I wonder how long we''ll give him

- Tumbleweed: Indeed CJF but we would have been royally mullered had we tried to go all out attack for the win. It was exactly what Mourinho wanted us to do.I think Adams did the right thing, it has worked for others and he had to be realistic. That meant parking the old bus and holding out.

Who wants all out attack, but no strikers? For all our ''amazing play'' we had a single shot, 1, Uno, One! in the last 20 minutes!! This against a side that had lost Sunderland, Palace and Villa in recent weeks.

Adams played a blinder until the 69th minute when he decided to go ''striker free'' in a must win game, pushing the worst finisher at the club up the pitch - resulting in one shot in the final 25 minutes of play against a side desperately pushing men forward.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Adams took our strikers off at Chelsea - a point was no good to us then and look where we are now as a result.[/quote]

So Hughton and his lack of substitutions wasn''t to blame after all? It was the man who replaced him and his making of them. Who''d have thought Chrissie would be being absolved so soon?!?

Yep, now Adams is at the helm of a bad run, it''s suddenly all his fault we got relegated.

Not the players, not the previous manager who put us in an impossible position in the first place.

I don''t mind people wanting Adams out, i can understand it.

But why add so much bullshit around it?!

[quote user="Pauls Ferry"][quote user="Highland Canary"]Adams took our strikers off at Chelsea - a point was no good to us then and look where we are now as a result.[/quote]

So Hughton and his lack of substitutions wasn''t to blame after all? It was the man who replaced him and his making of them. Who''d have thought Chrissie would be being absolved so soon?!?[/quote] 

Its the point at which we started to judge Adams, nothing else.  Hughton burnt his bridges and was gone.   Adams took on the mantle so he has to take the flack, just as anyone else does who is Norwich manager.   We did well to compete with Chelsea that day, but a draw was not enough.  Better to have conceded a goal or two in the last five or ten minutes in an attempt to go all out and win the match.  Losing would have made no difference than the draw.   Ruddy stayed on his line, we had no strike force to speak of - so what was that all about?   Near the end it was like watching a mid-table non-important match.    Trying hard but not really going for it.  The sense of urgency and awareness was lacking.   It was bizarre.