Sign in to follow this  
Olano

tettey disepointed after Norwich turns down bid.

Has anyone tried typing the English word ''bitter'' into a translator to get the Norwegian version, the result is ''bitter''.

The newspaiper says inn the headline "tettey have hold vg that he is bitter" this is not somting a påler like vg vould writh if it was not his words!!!!

Hmm, newspapers infer meaning from quotes all the time. In the published quotes Tettey does not say the word ''bitter''.

He talks about getting promoted back to the Premier League first time.

Headlines and subheadings are generally added by an editor rather than the actual jurnolist. In my, professional opinion, all the ''bitter'' stuff has been added on later to make a rather innocuous story slightly more interesting.

The real ''meat'' of this story is that a Prem team has asked about Tettey - if they are serious they''ll come back with a bid.

Well the message has been made simple from Adams, If you want our players, pay the asking price then.

I doubt there is actually much discontent in the camp, just a number of guys who don''t support Norwich so have no personal loyalties to us and would like to get back to a higher level one way or another. Perfectly acceptable and as far as i''ve seen, they''re all professional enough to get on with their jobs and not kick up a fuss.

How about some of you answer me this.

You are a footballer for Fulham with 2 years left on your deal. You''re about Gary Hooper level in terms of ability and reputation (mid 70''s on FIFA 14 to put perspective on it) and on £20k a week now after a 33% relegation deduction.

Burnley bid £10m to the club which is accepted but Everton bid £5m which is rejected flat out. Both say you will be fighting for the second striker spot and both will pay you £35k a week 3 year deal. Your agent is nagging you to move to the premiership at the earliest opportunity. Fulham have said they want you to spearhead the attack to get promotion with the promise of double your wages if it happens as long as you add a further year onto your deal.

Do you:

a) Go along with the successful Burnley bid in the hope you don''t go through the same old rubbish with relegation again but at least you''ve got a season at the top level again to showcase what you can do.

b) Push and push for that move to Everton where you''ll get a great squad of players to play with and a real platform to showcase your talents. The risks here are not getting a game at Everton if the competition is too good whilst also Everton may not be bothered enough to fight for you and you''d end up stuck at Norwich on bad terms with everyone.

c) stick it out at Fulham. Other than the disappointing season, you get on with the lads, you like the area and the changes for the season look positive. They are well set for a real stab at promotion. The risks here are that you at best still lose a year of top flight football of your career CV and there is no guarantee you''ll get promoted. The other risk is that through injury or bad form, you might have a bad season and never get back to the premiership again.

All in all, that is what a lot of the players will be going through.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Hmm, newspapers infer meaning from quotes all the time.

[/quote]

Certainly true,  and it could easily be the journalists impression from the conversation that the tone was "bitterly" as mentioned in the article.

Journalists are no different to us fans - we all see we want  in others words and non verbal actions; inference is one hell of a game  but it does not make you either right or wrong,  just the impression as received. 

[quote user="NOT Waveney Canary"]Hopefully we''ll keep Tetts, he''s better footballing wise than Bradley ''Jonno'' Johnson.[/quote]I''m not convinced.His range of passing is pretty limited, he hit one fantastic shot but rarely really threatens to create or to score. In fact at times I think he slows play up as he looks for short, easy passes to complete rather than take on a slightly more difficult and quick pass that maybe a risk but one that could result in something more positive. He''s got a great engine on him and a fair bit of pace.However, for me I think I would have to go with Johnson. He''s a better footballer with the ball at his feet if you ask me. He has a better shot on him, is a better header of the ball and is much stronger. He maybe lacks the pace and the overall energy that Tettey has but then Andy Hughes had an abundance of energy and as we saw, it''s not always good enough on it''s own.I''m not saying he is rubbish, but if push came to shove, I wouldn''t be upset to see Tettey go, I''d rather we held onto better players to be honest. And also, if the rumours were true and we were looking at O''Neil as a possible replacement, I wouldn''t be unhappy with that either.

Knowing olano from another message board over several years, I would say that there is a lot of substance in this particular newspapers stories, as on a couple of previous occasions I can recall them being accurate.

I also remember olano not being that impressed with Tettey when we were first rumoured to be in for him.

As for Tettey vs Johnson, I dont think there is much between them, other than if we are going to have a few battles this season, then I would pick Johnson.

What on earth does ''mid 70''s on FIFA 14'' mean, and is this how we judge footballers these days? I have been used to using my own eyes.

The man couldn''t trap a bag of cement. The ball bounces off him like a brick wall and he would likely complete more passes blindfold. His ball "control" reminds me of Paulo Wanchope. One cracking strike doth not a good player make.

Sorry Chicken, Tettey by far the better footballer for me - in Prem. terms.

It''s true he is more formulaic than BJ. He sees his job as breaking up opposition attacks & getting the ball to someone more creative. This he does exceedingly well. Also, he will have a maximum of 2 or 3 foraging runs per game, usually culminating in a decent shot (less wayward than BJ - & have you forgotten his goal?) He is far better than BJ with the ball at his feet, who is often clumsy & gives the ball away (Tettey''s problem is slipping at crucial times, but 99% of the time he has the better control).

In Champs. terms there is probably not much between them, as BJ will get away with more, but if we want to return to the Prem., Alex is the sort of player we should hold on to.

And comparing him to Andy Hughes is simply risible.

BTW, I seem to remember Olano never liking Tettey from day 1.

My opinion on him as a plater dont change the articel. I have a master in etichs :-). Om from Trondheim and se en tettet play week afther week inn Rosenborg and no om not his fan. And what he is saging after the relegation is not helling me to become a fant og him.

My mobile have auto corect and is chenging word from english to norwegian sorry about that.

IMO, we need to put this into the perspective that Tettey expressed at the end of last season when he said of course he would like to go on playing in the PL if he could. So would most players. But he also said that he was willing to stay if no acceptable offers come in. JS''s scenario could be used for a handful of City players who are in this same situation. Snodgrass left because a more than acceptable offer came in. The unknown factor is whether or not any more acceptable offers will come in.

I think the issue is that players who have aspirations of an international career almost feel like they have to make these noises.

I cant remember the last time tettey played for Norway inn a game that was not a frendly. Bit yes i agree.

At the end of the day, considering our squad right now and the ability to fund a replacement....Tettey is not a player who would be crucial to our success, or who would be so difficult to replace with similar quality, so I guess that the club would happily accept a good offer for him......and that I would think would be from one of the newly promoted sides in the EPL or the likes of a West Brom.

There''s a lot of Tettey kerfuffle among Sunderland fans - apparently he''s on his way up there for a medical...

Sunderland would be a very good move for a player of Tettey''s ability, they are a big club no doubt....but, I think they could do better, and that''s not taking anything away from Tettey, he is decent, but he didnt set the EPL a light now did he.........

Is it not the paper saying that he said his quote re "not allowed to say the team" "bitterly." I.e. the journalist is saying he sounds bitter but Tettey himself does not say he''s bitter. His later quotes about being new to the champ and getting us promoted however do not sound that bitter.

Lets not forget that Burnley and Leicester are premier league clubs. It may not have been that great a move for him.

Nothing between Tettey and Jonno. I had expected Tettey to develop his game and become a proper box to box mid fielder, but hasnt happened.

Player development hit a brick wall under CH, looking forward to seeing the boys flourish this season under a man who knows what he is doing.

Imho Tettey is a player we can easily replace. Gary O´Neill has been touted on a free, and can surely do a similar job.

I have seen Tettey play a lot in the Norwegian league with Rosenborg, and his potential as a young player was never in doubt, but he has always failed to deliver.

Its a bit of a similar story to Fer last season. I thought of Fer as a box-to-box player, rampaging up and down midfield, scoring goals, etc. But he was restricted in his play, likely due to the system Hughton played.

Tettey is much less skilled than Fer, and is a typical ball-winner who can break up play, balance, etc. But for me, a player of his type also needs to be able to pick a pass, and Tettey is very safe in his passing (mostly sideways of backwards).

As long as he is in or around the team, he and his agent will respect the contract though. But I will not be sad to see him leave for a reasonable sum.

3m - 4m would do.

According to Carrowroad.net: "This is not a concrete, just a lose rumour, but we are lead to believe that Alex Tettey is en route to Sunderland to undergo a medical with regard to transfer to the Wearsiders".

Wait and see on this one.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]According to Carrowroad.net: "This is not a concrete, just a lose rumour, but we are lead to believe that Alex Tettey is en route to Sunderland to undergo a medical with regard to transfer to the Wearsiders".

Wait and see on this one.[/quote]

carrowroad.net is a 5hitty excuse for a website - wouldn''t pay too much attention to the drivel spouted on there

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]According to Carrowroad.net: "This is not a concrete, just a lose rumour, but we are lead to believe that Alex Tettey is en route to Sunderland to undergo a medical with regard to transfer to the Wearsiders". Wait and see on this one.[/quote]

That comes via a post by Lappin actually.[:|]