Sign in to follow this  
the bristol nest

Wolves thread

A fair bit of premature and to be honest predictable negativity already, to me the game has gone as I expected with Wolves having momentum from breaking 100 points in League 1 and us a little tentative, especially away from home in front of a noisy crowd. Perhaps we could have shown a little more and perhaps the the formation needs tweaking but its far too soon to be writing players off.

Hopefully our quality will shine through in the second half.

Agree that the midfield looks dreadful and Redmond still unable to make the right choice. Defensively, we look fairly solid.

[quote user=scoop]It''s not an excuse and we are dire but I feel that the ball is holding up and not running on. Whether that''s down to long grass, a wet pitch or some other factor it seems to be working in Wolves favour. Maybe a tactical ploy? Or maybe I need to take these rose tinted glasses off[/quote]

Probably [:D]

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Didn''t work in the first half up front with redmond (who''s a winger), this is where adams earns his corn I guess. He''s tried to be bold, but we need more bodies in midfield...make it happen neil, earn your money, its not working at the moment, we''re playing too far apart from each other.[/quote]At least with Adams there is a chance he might make a genuine tactical change, as opposed to a like-for-like switch, and quite early as well.

Kangaroo Court wrote the following post at 10/08/2014 5:03 PM:

What''s the point in playing Redmond out of position?

-------------------------

The plan seems to be to pump long balls over their defence with our two quick strikers running onto it, I personally think its a $hit plan as it rarely works because it quite easy to defend.

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]What''s the point in playing Redmond out of position?[/quote]weve been doing that since he signedclub desperately needs a left footed left winger

we need to score goals, put two up front, play olsson left wing, redmond right, put garrido on for bennett and move him left back. tettey  and johnson do the dirty work in the centre and just sit and clean updown the flanks, beat the full back, cross the fucking ball to lafferty and grabban

iron_stan wrote the following post at 10/08/2014 5:07 PM:

club desperately needs a left footed left winger

-----------------

Pilks has a good left foot...when he''s not injured

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]All Adams needs to do is switch to a 4-2-3-1. Put Redmond on the left, Bennett on the right, and I reckon our performance will increase dramatically. [/quote]Only the Messiah can save us now.

Better first ten with two good chances. Keep it going

The Judge wrote the following post at 10/08/2014 5:20 PM:

Probably last we will see of Olson he is too good for this team

Hasn''t looked it

Olsson look very nervous all game and a bit more arrogant than enough.

First yellow was harsh but lucky no penalty at least.

Well at least they have an excuse now....utter tripe.

Have to say in one game I'' m back to being worried, this side doesn''t know how to win!

Confidence is shot and my optimistic view out the wimdow in the first 60 minutes of the new season.

Poor showing and a swift improvement needed.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Nothing was ever going to change with an inexperienced insider.[/quote]

Ken Brown, Dave Stringer, Mike Walker andNigel Worthington proved otherwise.

[/quote]
MIke Walker had previously managed Colchester (sacked top of Div 4).  Worthy Blackpool (failed)

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Redmond up front.... Exactly how many goals has he scored for us?  What a joke.[/quote]

As many as our record signing...