Sign in to follow this  
morty

Russel Martin interview.

Ah! Thanks Nutty I now assume what he''s on about.

Unbelievable but you could be right.

If this is so I invite T to say it to my face!

Anyways...

Getting back to the interview I''d rather discuss what he did say than what people wish he said or think he wanted to say. The most interesting bit for me was about how this would be a massive summer for the football club. There would be players going out and comeing in. The club needing changes because of a losing culture.

Spot on Russell. If we fight to keep this squad together I definitely don''t see us returning in a hurry. Back in ''85 we did that and came straight back up but that was a team of winners who''d won the League Cup  the season they were relegated. Like when went down to League One we will only need the ones who want to be here and to roll up their sleeves.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Anyways...

Getting back to the interview I''d rather discuss what he did say than what people wish he said or think he wanted to say. The most interesting bit for me was about how this would be a massive summer for the football club. There would be players going out and comeing in. The club needing changes because of a losing culture.

Spot on Russell. If we fight to keep this squad together I definitely don''t see us returning in a hurry. Back in ''85 we did that and came straight back up but that was a team of winners who''d won the League Cup  the season they were relegated. Like when went down to League One we will only need the ones who want to be here and to roll up their sleeves.

[/quote]This is an area that concerns me actually, as we are appointing a new manager, and actually does give some value in keeping Adams involved somehow, as he will have a handle on who is up for the fight.

As ever Martin speaks well - though he hasn''t really said anything you wouldn''t expect him or another play to say. But ff course credit to him for taking on the press conference when asked to.

Playing wise I think he''s been quite weak this season but I don''t have many doubts over him going into the Championship. Be interesting to see if Whittaker stays. We''d have two very good right backs for that standard.

I sincerely hope he''s around the club for the rest of his working life. He IS Mr. Norwich as far as I''m concerned, & epitomises everything good about the club. Could he become a future manager even??

As always, our Russ speaks with honesty and clearly cares a great deal for the club. Surely must be the TEAM captain next season?

Top interview, top bloke and I respect everything he said and the fact that he was prepared to sit there and say it.

There were some telling comments, but I agree I think he hit nail on the head when he said NCFC tried to evolve to quickly and has lost it''s identity and needs to get it back.

IMO you cannot ask any more of a player/club captain (should of been team captain from day 1) than that. RM is a total professional who does all he can to maximise his performance in all walks of life, not just on the pitch.

He spoke like the top manager he will be one day and I for one sincerely hope the club he manages is NCFC.

He is the last player off the pitch every game and possibly the only player to go to every corner of the ground,

If there is a lap of appreciation by the players on Sunday I really hope he is treated with the respect he deserves as a man and as a servant to the club.

Top pro and a massive credit to the club. Hasn''t had a great season but let''s be honest who did?

Gets undeserved stick on here.

Should have been made team captain from the start!

It''d be nice if they wheeled our "first team captain" out for only his 2nd presser of the season. What say you Sebass?

Hughton''s biggest mistake was giving that bloke the armband!!!

There were more fundamental errors from the former management than that of the captaincy. Martin is a solid championship player and I''m sure he will be an asset next year. I think it unlikely that we shall be able to retain Turner''s services but he would be my choice for captain should he be willing to play in a lower league.

A great interview, "sly digs".....not really, he was just saying how he felt and who was accountable/////big credit to him and I really hope he at least gets a warm reception tomorrow.....

Actually brought a lump to my throat. A genuine bloke, and clearly absolutely gutted. Would love a private beer with him to flesh out the "identity" aspect, and the players that "blame other things" .

Remember Posh being absolutely devasted when they lost him, and now we can all see why.  

With Russ around we still have a chance....

I never voted for player of season, Russ needs a medal for the amount of times he''s been dropped into the sh.. and having to appear at the press conferences. Top man, should be first name on next season''s team sheet.