Sign in to follow this  
GPs Beard

Odds on next manager....

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Funny how most of the teams listed for Malky are premiership sides yet some people wouldn''t be happy seeing him here.[/quote]

To be fair West Brom are being linked with Hughton does that make him a good appointment?

Mirror running a Lennon to Norwich story , says he will give up champions league glitz to manage Norwich in the championship.

Odds on Malky have *slightly* lengthened to 1/2, Lennon''s down to 5/2 from 4/1 and Zola has halved from 8/1 to 4/1.

Just to keep the topic up to date.

Lennons out to 8/1 now , Malky still odds on with Zola into 5/2 and Sherwood down to 4/1 , suppose Lennon has drifted because Dennis has tweeted hes not in the frame .

Ooer, Sherwood''s getting a bit short for my liking, we''ve been enough of a laughing stock this year without him throwing his clothes around Carrow Road.

Zola also not going away. You know the way this is going I think I''d take Malky right now if offered.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Is Mick Dennis about to put a grand on Lennon? :)[/quote]More likely Delia''s about to appoint Neil Adams  and he knows it :-)

Now getting the odd person here and there saying Zola is a done deal, but it seems more likely to me that they''ve just seen his odds fall and made it up to appear itk.

I may be a minority of one - but I would be happy with Zola.

[quote user="FCC"]I may be a minority of one - but I would be happy with Zola.[/quote]If the choice is between Malky, Lennon and Zola then you are now in a slightly larger minority of two.

I really hope it''s not Lennon, Malky, Popovic or Sherwood.Not sure how I feel about Zola.Right now I''d take Adams out of everyone I''ve heard mentioned.

I think Lennon would be by far the best choice. granted he''s only won things at celtic, but he has an alrightish record in the champions league and would have the character to inspire players to stay.with the quality in our squad, we have the opportunity to run through the championship. We just really need someone who can just mold the team together

Since my choice Uwe Rosler seems about as likely as me having a hot date with Kylie Minogue, I''d be happy with Lennon as manager and Adams as AM. I''d also like Micky Phelan as coach. Zola would be a huge gamble surely? I personally am not too keen on Malky I think the manager needs to be completely new to the club as going for ex-players or those with a link can mean things get a bit "cosy".

Lennon is back down to 4-1, everyone else is much the same, bar Tony Popovic who is halved from 50/1 to 25/1. Oscar Garcia is now available at 40/1

But Malky is now back to evens with Stan James and Zola''s odds are shortening all,the time

I don''t think anyone on here is really any the wiser.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]I don''t think anyone on here is really any the wiser.[/quote]
This ^
Do these odds really represent the most likely outcome or just betting patterns? Betting companies are all about their profit so surely these odds will represent their desire to guarantee that, not necessarily the most likely outcome.

Oh I know that. Just the thread is on the betting odds, so I''m updating it accordingly.

[quote user="splutcho"]Oh I know that. Just the thread is on the betting odds, so I''m updating it accordingly.[/quote]
Sorry I didn''t mean my post to come across critical, it was meant as a genuine question and interest because I really have no idea how betting and odds work to be honest.