Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Villa talk

Reading Villa Talk you''d be forgiven for thinking that for such a ''big club'' they''d actually won a trophy since Oliver Cromwell invaded Corfe Castle. Hopefully Wes won''t go, but if he does then i expect him and Holt to be instrumental in Villa''s push for promotion from the Championship next season.

Blimey. That thread now runs to 57 pages!

Hard to work out what most of them are trying to say a lot of the time, but I think their argument is roughly "we''re a big club, so if we want to buy him they have to sell him to us. Otherwise they''re all nasty and petty..."

[quote user="tele"]

Blimey. That thread now runs to 57 pages!

Hard to work out what most of them are trying to say a lot of the time, but I think their argument is roughly "we''re a big club, so if we want to buy him they have to sell him to us. Otherwise they''re all nasty and petty..."

[/quote]

Typical brummy attitude the big I am. I''m so glad I got away from there in 1967

That lot are as deluded as they come. Love the comment about them not being relegation rivals to us! He must struggle to find his way to the dole office that one. So in a nutshell they think we are tinpot because we wont sell them a player that will play his part for us on the cheap. Really think we should have replied with a rejection containing a £1 million offer for Benteke.

I keep going back to the Villa Talk thread for the entertainment. One of the latest posts is:

"If we were to match any accepted bid only to have the offer rejected on the grounds Norwich don''t like us we/Hoolahan would have grounds to take them to court. "

Er, why?! Are they really too stupid to realise he''s contracted to Norwich - whether we sell, and if so to who, is entirely up to us.

They''re not the brightest bunch are they?!

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]All credit to them, they make this forum look like a Mensa meeting and that''s not easy.[/quote]

How do you think I feel then some of those comments could be made by my relatives, anyone call me brummy gets a kick in the nuts

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Apparently if we refuse to sell Wes to them we''d now be infringing their human rights!?![/quote]

Well lets face it, they only use school''s for illegal raves education doesn''t exist

U would think they are trying to sign messi not wes hoolahan they amount of attention they are giving it. How the mighty have fallen!!! Tin and pot springs to mind!

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]U would think they are trying to sign messi not wes hoolahan they amount of attention they are giving it. How the mighty have fallen!!! Tin and pot springs to mind![/quote]Crikey Waveney you do realise it''s your Messiah embroiled in the middle of the mess.

I read a few pages and it''s hardly a deep debate. They don''t see the inconsistently of the non logic that Villa refused to sell Benteke but we have to sell Wes.

They genuinely believe that we should be grateful to Lambert and submit to his bidding.

Overall, you would never guess from Villatalk that Villa that is a club that has been in slow but steady decline for the last five years and is one bad season away from being the new Leeds.

It does seem that having a history can seriously affect football fans'' sense of reality. We''ve had all this semi delusional nonsense before with Ipswich and Leeds

Perhaps that is the best thing about being City fan. We have a modest history but because of that, can honestly believe that our best times are still to come.

[quote user="I.S."]Grounds to take us to court?! Are they high?[/quote]

They are basing this view on the successful legal case that Benteke brought to force his transfer last summer. A legal landmark that we lawyers marvel at.

Do you reckon if we split villa in half and shot each half round the large hadron collider we''d be able to use the equipment there to measure exactly how small a club villa is?

PMSL at the fat dude on there who thinks they have grounds to take us to court if we don''t sell Wes to them, hahahahaha biggest laugh I''ve had this season!

What a deluded bunch, and that''s me putting it kindly.

[quote user="I.S."]Grounds to take us to court?! Are they high?[/quote]

Hahaha quality. What makes it funny is that they really believe the sh*te they come out with on there. How the mighty have fallen, scrapping around for a player from such a "small club" [;)]

sorry to keep going, but this is the latest gem:

"Norwich should just tip their hat to their superiors and give us Hooligan.They should be pleased that Lambert got those carrot and mustard munchers from League One to the Premier League before he moved on to bigger and better things. Bunch of small timers, down you go to the football league. I hope you enjoyed your brief stay at the top. See you in another 10 years."

[quote user="mrs miggins"]wiz did show up..

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/7312-lamberts-row-with-norwich/[/quote]not one of his finest moments as he had earlier on here talked of wanting to ''hawk on our wall of fame'' when he was there at lunchtimeforgetting that he supposed to back in Lowestoft listening to (he is deaf, or claims to be) fans speaking on Look East at the same lunchtimethere then came a moment of pure comedy gold where he then claimed that he had recorded that edition of Look East, overlooking the fact that the post he made about Look East was posted up a few minutes after that edition finished - so why bother to record it ?not unexpectantly as more of his lies came out the thread was pulledunfortunately the Villa one hasn''t been and is still there to see his lies and his getting banned from that site for lying and trying to stir troublelying wiz

And another from Vile Talk:

"I have no problem with them rejecting an offer if they want to keep him. But if it''s true that they are willing to sell to anyone other than us, then that''s just as petty as it comes and makes them look foolish.

However, I really do not see the point in turning down decent money for a 31 year old they hardly ever play."

1 we''ve said we''re not willing to sell to anyone

2 they haven''t offered decent money

They''re not very quick on the uptake are they? It must be the smog.

[quote user="tele"] They''re not very quick on the uptake are they? [/quote]

I had to laugh when some of ''em thought that £3m. was a fair offer for Pilkington and therefore their offer for Hoolahan was fair too.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]

[quote user="tele"] They''re not very quick on the uptake are they? [/quote]

I had to laugh when some of ''em thought that £3m. was a fair offer for Pilkington and therefore their offer for Hoolahan was fair too.

[/quote]

Given we paid £2m - £2.5m for a player who was recovering/had just recovered from a broken leg in league one, anyone that thinks he''s worth £3m now after 2 successful seasons in the premier league where he''s performed well is off their head.

If they stump up the right money I''m sure we''d sell Hoolahan to them. I reckon that figure is £2.5m - £3m based on the fact that we don''t need to sell for absolute peanuts. Especially not to a club that are likely to be close to us in the league come May. McNally might not like Lambert after his acrimonious departure, but he''s not daft enough to keep hold of a want away player if the figures are right, regardless of who''s on the other end of the phone.

To be fair to the villa fans, from what i read most are ok about us, 1 or 2 are a little disparaging to us but then we have 1 or 2 idiots on here aswell.

Slightly off topic but when palace played us i thought barry banna was their best player, and could player in the hoolahan type roll, and isnt playing much now so may be worth a bid, im just surprised villa got rid of him and now need that type of player hence hoolahan

The arrogance from them is appalling...

Relegation isn''t beyond them this year. They''ve shown that their defence is often as weak as a wet paper bag.

I, for one, will not stoop to their level and begin casting them as relegation fodder, but to completely ignore how tentative their own existence in the Premier League is...it''s, well....laughable.

I honestly think that it being villa has nothing to do with it.

it all comes down to 3 things

1) any team around us in the table would not get one of our players that would improve their team

2) the apparent offer is god awful

3) if we sell hoolahan it sends the wrong message. it says that we''re willing to sell to anyone who puts in a half decent bid, and that we can be held ransom by players.

Villa, nor any other premier league team from 10th downwards, have virtually 0% chance of getting one of our players. and the sadacts from VT that bother coming on here to read this can show it to the rest of them. this has nothing to do with the board being petty, it''s all business reasoning, and good reasoning at that.

quote user="Javier''s Deaf Translator"I honestly think that it being villa has nothing to do with it.

it all comes down to 3 things

1) any team around us in the table would not get one of our players that would improve their team

2) the apparent offer is god awful

3) if we sell hoolahan it sends the wrong message. it says that we''re willing to sell to anyone who puts in a half decent bid, and that we can be held ransom by players.

Villa, nor any other premier league team from 10th downwards, have virtually 0% chance of getting one of our players. and the sadacts from VT that bother coming on here to read this can show it to the rest of them. this has nothing to do with the board being petty, it''s all business reasoning, and good reasoning at that./quote

Agree with everything you''ve said Javier.

It really isn''t great business sense to sell to Villa - it could be the difference between finishing above or below them, with each place worth about £1m. Why would you give a main rival an advantage?

Plus, of course, Wes is hardly totally out of the reckoning here, he''s made 12 appearances this season and started v Man Utd and Palace.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Must stress, I am not taking anything away from Wes, he has done a great job for us but his time has come to go.....and I either want it to happen now or, we simply dont release him until the end of the season and he trains with the U21''s or goes out on loan to a Championship Club......[/quote]A useful squad player at this level, who wants to leave, and has attracted interest from another premier league club.Nothing surprising in any of that.We just pulled Jonas Gutierrez from Newcastle''s reserves. A 30 year old bang average defensive winger.

They know people ''in the know'' :

"A friend of mine (Utd fan) bumped into Wes in Dublin airport yesterday and he said he is very unhappy with his situation at Norwich. Said he''ll be doing all he can to move."