Sign in to follow this  

Please save us Malky!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2530177/EXCLUSIVE-Revealed-The-50m-deals-cost-Malky-Mackay-Cardiff-job.html

45k a week for Andreas Cornelius

£11 million for Caulker

£10 million for Gary Medel

Wiz talking crap as usual.

Dave you''ve really lost the plot this time. Malky...lol

Shortlist of 1 for Cardiff, OGS. Hopefully he turns them down on the grounds that he wont work for that owner because I would like him available if and when we call it time for Hughton.

I heard recently that his representatives held talks with the club at Sprowston manor several weeks ago. Since then the results picked up which took the heat off Hughton. After 2 points from 3 very winnable games and Man Utd and Palcae coming up it is very much back on. Todays game will not decide anything unless we get an unexpected win, but lose as expected and lose at Palace and that will be it imo and Malky and his team will not require any compensation and Hughton and his mob are half way through a 3 year contract so their compensation would be modest

Please, someone tell me where they are coming from on this. Explain why Malky would be a better manager than Chris Hughton. Back up your opinion with reasoned facts, and not conjecture like "Well he could motivate the players" and "Well, he couldn''t do any worse"

Oh and lets face facts, if he wasn''t an ex City player, I doubt his name would even be mentioned.Sorry no place for sentimentality in this business.

Cardiff have been the most defensive and worst team I have seen at carrow road all year. Spending 30 mil too , in my eyes no to malky another Bryan gunn legend figure (but ceraiy a better manager ;) )

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Anyone who thinks Hughton plays "dull soulless and negative" football should check out some of the Cardiff highlights.

But Malky''s a good old Anglo-Saxon lad, I guess.

[/quote]

Oh Perpleeeease.

Change the ruddy record.[|-)]

I for one would be very disappointed if we ended up with Malky if and when Hughton gets the chop. There must be a pool of managers out there that would be a step up from what we currently have, i feel Malky is a side ways move, but unfortunately I can see this happening.

Wiz do yourself a favour and fffffffffffffffuuccckkk off.

If Malky was here in the summer we''d have spent £8m on Andreas fuuckkinnng Cornelius and Gary Hooper would be playing for turkey neck at QPR.

ogs linked to Cardiff. He could be an improvement on Malky. That said as someone who has followed Cardiff a bit over the years (inlaw connection) I think that the job he did in gaining promotion shows what a great job he has done. Carfiff were renowned bottlers and Malky changed that culture. His first year in the Prem has been about survival hence the defensive play and yet he gets sacked for not playing like Spurs or Man City! Madness.

That said I would want someone who would significantly improve us and I don''t think that he fits the bill.

If we were a championship side I would grab him. Maybe next year then!

----------------Le Juge---------------

If Malky was here in the summer we''d have spent £8m on Andreas fuuckkinnng Cornelius and Gary Hooper would be playing for turkey neck at QPR.

-----------------------------------------

We spent 8.5 million on Ricky Van Wolfswinkel... ANd how do you know who Mackay would have signed for us. They can''t have signed too badly, they are 2 TWO points behind us with a championship squad. Not 2 seasons of premiership experience.

I don''t think Mackay is the answer. He has yet to prove himself any different to a Bruce/Hughton type dour manager.

[quote user="morty"]Oh and lets face facts, if he wasn''t an ex City player, I doubt his name would even be mentioned.Sorry no place for sentimentality in this business.[/quote]

This

[quote user="Le Juge"]Wiz do yourself a favour and fffffffffffffffuuccckkk off. If Malky was here in the summer we''d have spent £8m on Andreas fuuckkinnng Cornelius and Gary Hooper would be playing for turkey neck at QPR.[/quote]

fffffffffffffffuuccckkk off yourself flower.

So now Wiz and his mates want a manager with a worse record in ALL respects than the one we''ve got. Now that really takes some beating.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]----------------Le Juge---------------

-----------------------------------------

We spent 8.5 million on Ricky Van Wolfswinkel... ANd how do you know who Mackay would have signed for us. They can''t have signed too badly, they are 2 TWO points behind us with a championship squad. Not 2 seasons of premiership experience.

I don''t think Mackay is the answer. He has yet to prove himself any different to a Bruce/Hughton type dour manager.[/quote]

Just how do you figure it to be a championship squad Citizen? He spent 50M last summer, hardly the expenditure of a championship outfit. We have hardly spent that in the last 5 Windows.

No one knows if any manager would do better or worse at any club. It doesn''t work like that.

As for Malky, the romance of a previous hero probably does help in raising his appeal here with fans. So what, romance can work in football it is not doomed to failure. For me the appeal is Malky has a personality.

People who berate his tactics when they played here see it differently to me. I saw a manager who witnessed a first half bashing and responded at half time by making defensive changes and limiting the opposition to distant chances. I saw another manager who despite seeing his team have more possession than they ever had in his reign, the opposition going more defensive and still he failed to react and take off a defensive midfielder for a striker until the dying minutes.

I''m not saying that Malky would be any better but Hoots is boring me to death. That is why for me it is reasonable to say I couldn''t care much who would replace him.

I think too many base all their arguments on stats. If I ask a footy mad 8 year old who is going to win a game of football the answer is normally the team higher in the league but we all know better that that don''t we?

I''m in Wales for the weekend to see my new in-laws who live in Newport. BBC Radio Wales are reporting that Norwich are set to move for Malky if we get thumped by United today. I don''t believe this however, as I doubt very much that McNally would reveal his plans to a journalist. They also think that West Brom are going to swoop for Malky while we faff around.

As I said, all journo hype, but thought I would share

This 50 million he has spent seems to actually be 31 on any internet transfer site, only a bit more than us. So maybe the 50 is counting wages.

--------star_manic-----

Just how do you figure it to be a championship squad Citizen? He spent 50M last summer, hardly the expenditure of a championship outfit. We have hardly spent that in the last 5 Windows.

----------------------------

Around 31 million + add ons I believe. On top of a Championship squad.

We spent around 27 million + add ons. On top of the 11th best squad in the premiership.

I am a city fan that would be worried if we changed hughton for malky.

Malky could still save us if the baggies bizarrely chose him - can not see that going well for them but will do for us. Steve Clarke is a far better manager!