Sign in to follow this  
Houston Canary

Everton Match Thread

This is wrong - we are playing zonal defence (not man-marking) and therefore the closest player to the ball is responsible for closing down,  Bennett also at fault for giving away a free-kick for the second goal.Either way, it''s schoolboy defending from a team that set up defensively, from a manager that is so defensively minded.

All i care about now is Redmond showing Hodgson what he''s got. NCFC have let Ruddy down in that respect.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]That''s confirmed it then

9 win in the last 42 league games

and likely to be 13/59 games with us scoring more than once.

we certainly have a patient Board![/quote]Wow! That is truly a sobering fact. That''s a 21% win rate. I know if I performed at that level in my job.... I wouldn''t have one.....

Bbc reports

GOAL Everton 2-0 Norwich - Kevin Mirallas (59 mins)

When you take a free-kick off Leighton Baines you have to know what you are doing. Fortunately Kevin Mirallas does. The Belgian posts a deadly accurate delivery just inside John Ruddy''s right-hand stick. The Norwich goalkeeper had no chance.

[quote user="unique"]There is just no sense of urgency at any point during the ninety minutes, whether they''re level, one goal down, or two....[/quote]

No sense of urgency because we start off desperate for a draw and are so used to rarely scoring that when we go behind virtually all hope is lost.

" And despite Snoddy being terrible all game - Garrido comes off instead for Redmond."

I''ve just given up commenting about Snodgrass, he''s been crap all season IMO, but obviously the manager sees something I don''t.

[quote user="Man Who Stares at Goats"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]That''s confirmed it then

we certainly have a patient Board![/quote]Wow! That is truly a sobering fact. That''s a 21% win rate. I know if I performed at that level in my job.... I wouldn''t have one.....

[/quote]

No but remember Hughton is a very nice man and did well in the championship and is building something. Because you know we''ve improved so much under him so we can''t sack him...did i mention how nice everybody thinks he is?

Some one tell me how we can turn the poor form/bad luck/lack of wins into a winning streak or enough wins to stay up? Every time we get a good result or performance we follow it with dirge... How can we turn it around?

[quote user="ncfctilidie1080"]Every time we get a good result or performance we follow it with dirge... How can we turn it around?[/quote]Bring a proper manager in ffs - it''s that simple!

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="ncfctilidie1080"]Every time we get a good result or performance we follow it with dirge... How can we turn it around?[/quote]Bring a proper manager in ffs - it''s that simple![/quote]

This.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]And still Everton are making subs whilst we sit back happy to lose...F**king joke[/quote]what changes will turn this game into a 3-2 win then Mr Ferguson?

[quote user="iron_stan"]how much longer can people defend this joker forsacking him now would hardly be knee jerk would it[/quote]The problem is that we''ve waited until all our rivals have changed manager. We''re unlikely to get the right man mid season in the best circumstances, but after everyone else has had their pick? No chance.Sadly I think we''ve just got to pray Hughton keep us up and then get rid in summer.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="ncfctilidie1080"]Every time we get a good result or performance we follow it with dirge... How can we turn it around?[/quote]Bring a proper manager in ffs - it''s that simple![/quote]Thats been crystal clear to anybody who knows anything about football for over a year now . How the hell some still support him is mindblowing

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]what changes will turn this game into a 3-2 win then Mr Ferguson?[/quote]Probably none Jas, but I''d rather we actually TRIED to get something out of it than sit back and potentially concede even more by doing F**K all...

[quote user="RollesbyCanary"][quote user="Man Who Stares at Goats"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]That''s confirmed it then

[/quote]

No but remember Hughton is a very nice man and did well in the championship and is building something. Because you know we''ve improved so much under him so we can''t sack him...did i mention how nice everybody thinks he is?[/quote]

This is the big problem with Hughton we are not improving despite the millions spent ...

If (!) we lose today we will be EIGHT points behind what we had at this stage of our return season to the Premier League!

No use blaming Bennett - has no one noticed the number of goal saving tackles he''s made. Right side of Whittaker and Snoddy dreadful today and Fer/Johnson completely outclassed in midfield.

One point in last 4 games and that includes 2 of those games at home where we are ''supposed'' to rely on making up our points. Relegation form and Hughtons record in the last 12 months speaks for itself, How bad has a record got to get before the manager''s position is questioned?