Sign in to follow this  
Houston Canary

Everton Match Thread

and how the hell is osman bossing fer all over the park, kick him in the shin and let him know youre there you big fairy

Watching this is demoralising. We are probably the worst footballing team in the league.Absolutely no ideas,

[quote user="NWC"]Blimey - undone by Gaz Baz - can we fall to any further depths???[/quote]

What do you mean by this ... we would never be able to attract him here. A class above everything we have.

I do feel a bit sorry for Wolfie and Hooper - what with Everton continually on the attack we are currently playing an 8-0-2 formation.Also, Wolfie is ALL technique (and I''m not highlighting this as a bad thing).  If he was in a top 6 side, I wouldn''t be surprised if he had 10 + goals by now (injuries permitting).Whether he is the right type of player for our current side, is a different matter entirely.

In the last 3 games we have conceded goals to dribbling midfield maestros Gaz Baz and Scott Parker !!

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"][quote user="NWC"]Blimey - undone by Gaz Baz - can we fall to any further depths???[/quote]

What do you mean by this ... we would never be able to attract him here. A class above everything we have.[/quote]

I was never a fan of Barry pre-Everton, but he''s been excellent this season. Makes you wonder whether people who make comments like that actually watch football other than Norwich games.

This stupid zonal system completely destroys our attacking play and doesn''t stop us conceding either, I hate it so much. West Ham fans hate it under Allardyce, Spurs fans hated it under AVB etc I really do fail to see the point in it, it doesn''t get results most of the time

" Everton are controlling the midfield "

Yes it''s the strength of their team, and amazing that we''d miss players like Tettey, Howson and Pilkington...

embarressing to watch at the minute... Can''t string two passes together, we retreat to the edge of the box the minute everton get on the ball, we''re not putting them under any pressure. They''re queuing up to score we''re so bad. The strikers are isolated and both look fed up with the scraps their expected to do something with.Hughton out.

what would be nice, is, if our back 8, when winning the ball back on the edge of our box, actually stayed calm, and passed their way out, or held onto it to change the pace of the game, instead of panicking and hoofing it 25 yards up the pitch to an everton player, only for them to come straight back again

It''s all a bit depressing at the moment. If we go in only one down we should feel blessed.

[quote user="Surfer"]" Everton are controlling the midfield "

Yes it''s the strength of their team, and amazing that we''d miss players like Tettey, Howson and Pilkington...[/quote]

no it''s this idiotic zonal sh ite that means we DON''T move, but they dowatch the game and check the movement of each team when they have the ballI''m just surprised that it has taken folk so long to see what is so blindingly obvious