Sign in to follow this  
Houston Canary

Everton Match Thread

Pathetic that it took us to go 2-0 down before the players were allowed off the leach and able to take the game to them.how he is still in a job baffles me. He is a coward of a manager.

It''s all Palaces fault,every time they are in the prem we go down with them .

I think I''m finally there. I''m not the sort to panic and call early for the managers head, and I did defend him earlier in the season, but I''ve had enough now. I can''t watch us saunter our way to defeat all the time any more. There is absolutely no urgency or commitment in our performances.

I think we''re realistically competing to avoid the one relegation place not occupied by Fulham and palace. A good run of form should see us home, but I can''t actually see where that''s coming from. Every time we put in a good show and get a win its followed by a few weeks of utter crap.

Leroy f***ing Fer needs dropping. He just jogs around the pitch not giving a flying f**k.

Sorry, as a caring Norwich City supporter I just can''t accept this any longer! I know sacking doesn''t guarantee anything, but enough is enough

Not a shock Ricardo but it''s the manner of defeat. A couple of good chances. About ten minutes of decent play, and that was it. We should have been dead and buried by half time. It''s simply not good enough. No imagination. No fight. Everyone is fed up with it now.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Norwich or die tryin"]Thats its Hughton has to go now before Hull, we need a new manager and we must spend cash on a center midfeilder.[/quote]Or at the very least, try actually using the one we have who Hughton has frozen out for no good reason...[/quote]David Fox is not good enough for the premier league. Why is he so overated by so many on here. Yes he''s a good passer but you need more in the Prem. He can''t win the ball back or tackle to save his life , he is lightwight and and not mobile. Could you imagine him playing in a two man central midfeild in the prem? we would be destroyed. Yes he was third in POS two years ago but he was playing in a three man center mid and people where still saying at the end of that season if you remember that we where crying out for a defensive/ ball wining midfeilder and a physical presence. So, so overated wouldn''t get in any of the 20premier league sides.

[quote user="ricardo"]We lose a game where we are 9-1 to win

not really a big shock is it?
[/quote]

If we are satisfied with that result and performance as supporters, players or managers, then there''s no point in us being here.

[quote user="ricardo"]We lose a game where we are 9-1 to winnot really a big shock is it?[/quote]Yes, but why did the bookies have us 9-1 in the first place?

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"][quote user="ricardo"]We lose a game where we are 9-1 to winnot really a big shock is it?[/quote]The vast majority of the criticism in this thread is not directed at the result[/quote]Yes, we know that yet some think its'' a disaster to lose to a team that have only been beaten twice all season. A real lack of a sense of proportion is displayed on here whenever we lose. Look at the teams who have changed their manager, one of them won and only because they were playing one of the others. What about the four  that lost?

[quote user="ricardo"]We lose a game where we are 9-1 to winnot really a big shock is it?[/quote]Not at all Ricardo, but as has already been said - it''s not the defeat as such that''s the issue, it''s the manner of the defeat, that a lot of us are totally pi$$ed off about.It''s yet again another bad capitulation where we didn''t even look like we were taking part for close to 75% of the game, and despite us being behind and being outplayed, we only saw a single sub that gave us any chance to change this - and that was taking off a player who''d had a decent game instead of the guy who''d been dire for the whole match!!!I don''t expect us to win every game (especially not away games at top six sides), but I do expect us to actually TRY to get something out of the game...

This has nothing to do with the result. It is everything to do with Hughton and his two clowns. I said yesterday he will take us down but just hoped we at least would put on a show today. Nope

Why do we keep hanging onto this man? He has not changed at all since he took over.

He has turned this very good squad of players to the point where some on here are blaming them. This is not fair, any player playing for him wouldn''t benefit.

For goodness sake McNally please get rid!!!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ricardo"]We lose a game where we are 9-1 to winnot really a big shock is it?[/quote]Yes, but why did the bookies have us 9-1 in the first place?[/quote]If you don''t know that Purple I advise you never to enter a betting shop.

[quote user="Norwich or die tryin"]David Fox is not good enough for the premier league. Why is he so overated by so many on here. Yes he''s a good passer but you need more in the Prem. He can''t win the ball back or tackle to save his life , he is lightwight and and not mobile. Could you imagine him playing in a two man central midfeild in the prem? we would be destroyed. Yes he was third in POS two years ago but he was playing in a three man center mid and people where still saying at the end of that season if you remember that we where crying out for a defensive/ ball wining midfeilder and a physical presence. So, so overated wouldn''t get in any of the 20premier league sides.[/quote]You have to do far less running around and tackling if you can actually keep possession.

Not the worst performance of the season but realistically what were we expecting from this game? The games over the Christmas period are going to relegate us. Five games from Swansea onwards against teams around us there for the taking and we didn''t win one. That is relegation form. Some of you need to wake up and smell the roses. We are a relegation fodder team. Fact.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Note the almost complete absence of the Hughton supporters on this thread....[/quote]Some of us have been watching the match, instead of crying on here.If you look at the first half we twice came very close to scoring - and maybe should have.  Second half Everton tired and we came back at them.  Hit the post and had several near misses.  On another day we could have got something here. Now don''t misquote me, say I''m a happy clapper and other rubbish, because there were a lot of things that could have been better - but - it is not a disgrace to lose at Everton and they did not overun us for 90 minutes - we had chances and looked more likely to score than they did near the end.

Why do you think it took us going 2-0 down Ricardo before we looked like a side that was there to have a go? He has the players restrained and it takes the game to be lost before he allows us to have a go. It''s no surprise we lost to them but yet again we were making up numbers until the last 15 minutes.

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"][quote user="Norwich or die tryin"]David Fox is not good enough for the premier league. Why is he so overated by so many on here. Yes he''s a good passer but you need more in the Prem. He can''t win the ball back or tackle to save his life , he is lightwight and and not mobile. Could you imagine him playing in a two man central midfeild in the prem? we would be destroyed. Yes he was third in POS two years ago but he was playing in a three man center mid and people where still saying at the end of that season if you remember that we where crying out for a defensive/ ball wining midfeilder and a physical presence. So, so overated wouldn''t get in any of the 20premier league sides.[/quote]You have to do far less running around and tackling if you can actually keep possession.[/quote]

NAIL... ON ... THE .... HEAD

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="ricardo"]We lose a game where we are 9-1 to winnot really a big shock is it?[/quote]Not at all Ricardo, but as has already been said - it''s not the defeat as such that''s the issue, it''s the manner of the defeat, that a lot of us are totally pi$$ed off about.It''s yet again another bad capitulation where we didn''t even look like we were taking part for close to 75% of the game, and despite us being behind and being outplayed, we only saw a single sub that gave us any chance to change this - and that was taking off a player who''d had a decent game instead of the guy who''d been dire for the whole match!!!I don''t expect us to win every game (especially not away games at top six sides), but I do expect us to actually TRY to get something out of the game...[/quote]Get a grip, we were beaten by a better side but might still have got something if we had taken some of the several chances created. We didn''t and paid the penalty. I just don''t buy this didn''t try bollox. It''s always trotted out when people are disappointed.

Yes we had some chances but can''t score. It''s been like this all season. We just don''t have the ability to score goals. When it comes to our strikers they fluff it . I presume this is because they are so shocked to be given a chance.

The lack of creativity in midfield is a real problem. We are predictable,

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"][quote user="ricardo"]We lose a game where we are 9-1 to winnot really a big shock is it?[/quote]The vast majority of the criticism in this thread is not directed at the result[/quote]Yes, we know that yet some think its'' a disaster to lose to a team that have only been beaten twice all season. A real lack of a sense of proportion is displayed on here whenever we lose. Look at the teams who have changed their manager, one of them won and only because they were playing one of the others. What about the four  that lost?[/quote]

What the hell do you mean " whenever we loose " you make it sound like its not often. Have you seen our stats ?

[quote user="JF"]Why do you think it took us going 2-0 down Ricardo before we looked like a side that was there to have a go? He has the players restrained and it takes the game to be lost before he allows us to have a go. It''s no surprise we lost to them but yet again we were making up numbers until the last 15 minutes.[/quote]Not really, there were good chances in the first half that were not taken and then we go down to a long range effort which 9 times out of 10 would have gone into the crowd. Everton were the better side and you expect to come under pressure there. Some people just can''t accept it.

[quote user="lake district canary"]they did not overun us for 90 minutes - we had chances and looked more likely to score than they did near the end.[/quote]That''s right, it was closer to 75 minutes wasn''t it...Not to mention that Everton didn''t NEED to be looking for goals near the end when they were already 2-0 up did they!You really are unbelievable at times LDC - we played like crap, deserved to lose by more than we did, and you''re STILL defending the guy in charge who''s orchestrated this whole mess - absolutely unbelievable...

[quote user="MyGodWeArePoorToWatch"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"][quote user="ricardo"]We lose a game where we are 9-1 to winnot really a big shock is it?[/quote]The vast majority of the criticism in this thread is not directed at the result[/quote]Yes, we know that yet some think its'' a disaster to lose to a team that have only been beaten twice all season. A real lack of a sense of proportion is displayed on here whenever we lose. Look at the teams who have changed their manager, one of them won and only because they were playing one of the others. What about the four  that lost?[/quote]

What the hell do you mean " whenever we loose " you make it sound like its not often. Have you seen our stats ?[/quote]

Er that should be lose, not loose.( a City 1st correction)

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ricardo"]We lose a game where we are 9-1 to winnot really a big shock is it?[/quote]Yes, but why did the bookies have us 9-1 in the first place?[/quote]If you don''t know that Purple I advise you never to enter a betting shop.[/quote]I know perfectly well why they had those odds, ricardo. Because even though Everton had lost a recent home league game, against Sunderland, the bookies thought - quite correctly - we would present very little challenge. To argue that we were somehow justified in losing a game for which the odds were so heavily marked against us is to ignore the reason for why those odds were as they were.

Took two great balls to beat us. Was very encouraged the way we finished the game,the guys gave it a real go and demonstrated a huge desire to play for the shirt, the manager and the travelling fans.

I swear some of the Hughton supporters didn;t even watch the game and just went by the BBC text. We looked absolutely rubbish, like a lower league team. Any chance we created was from a long ball with a striker tustling with a defender or when Everton sat back and let us play. We should have lost that 3 or 4 nil. He doesn''t get results either, which is the bottom line. Fans will never tolerate a combination of poor football and bad results. He''s bad for our club and needs to go now. I''m utterly convinced if he wasn''t so nice he wouldn''t have any support on here. He''s the management equivalent of Cody Macdonald, you lot sound as ridiculous as Paul Moy did

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="JF"]Why do you think it took us going 2-0 down Ricardo before we looked like a side that was there to have a go? He has the players restrained and it takes the game to be lost before he allows us to have a go. It''s no surprise we lost to them but yet again we were making up numbers until the last 15 minutes.[/quote]Not really, there were good chances in the first half that were not taken and then we go down to a long range effort which 9 times out of 10 would have gone into the crowd. Everton were the better side and you expect to come under pressure there. Some people just can''t accept it.[/quote]

"Not until they have had this weeks excuse emailed to themI suspect it will be something on the lines of ''we can''t expect to beat teams like Everton"  " posted 10mins earlier