Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

match thread

[quote user="Man Who Stares at Goats"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Man Who Stares at Goats"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Hughton to Calderwood ''Feck me, Colin. That''s it! That''s the formula! Play a goal scorer up front and put through balls into him. Hallelujah![/quote]

Classic! Scary thing is, this is probably true!Hang on boys, we''re entering new territory.... A lead after 13 minutes! Do we have a game plan for this?[/quote]Do you have a candy-stealing analogy for this?[/quote]

Not as yet....let me work on it....I''ll need to be sure to simplify it so as not to confusion you again and lead you to thinking about middle schoolers.[/quote]You did well to work a "paedo" dig in there.  Top work.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Could anyone watching a link please tell me what Hooper''s movement is like?[/quote]sort a bit to the left, bit to the right, little forward, little back again

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Could anyone watching a link please tell me what Hooper''s movement is like?[/quote]sort a bit to the left, bit to the right, little forward, little back again[/quote]You make it sound like he''s doing the Time Warp.

we waste a lot of corners as a team - not a moan, just an observation!!great play from Redmond again - when he finds his shooting boots, he''ll be awesome!!

Redmond is a fantastic player but his decision making needs a lot of work! I''d hate to stand behind him the line at the chippy!

But seriously, old salamander up front against Liverpool was playing musical statues. A striker up front needs to move the defence around off the ball, that''s what I was asking.

[quote user="Surfer"]Was Brunt a bit lucky to get away with a yellow for tha?[/quote]

i think you would call it harsh for a red, but there was no intention to play the ball whatsoever and clattenburg being the @rse he is it wouldnt have been a surprise

[quote user="Man Who Stares at Goats"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Man Who Stares at Goats"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Hughton to Calderwood ''Feck me, Colin. That''s it! That''s the formula! Play a goal scorer up front and put through balls into him. Hallelujah![/quote]

Classic! Scary thing is, this is probably true!Hang on boys, we''re entering new territory.... A lead after 13 minutes! Do we have a game plan for this?[/quote]Do you have a candy-stealing analogy for this?[/quote]

Not as yet....let me work on it....I''ll need to be sure to simplify it so as not to confusion you again and lead you to thinking about middle schoolers.[/quote]Apologies....was distracted before I hit ''post''. Should''ve said "thinking about middle schoolers as professional athletes".

I like Redmond but sometimes he reminds me of Louis Donowa the older posters will know what i mean .

Any game you are going to have to gamble and leave yourself open but far better to make it a two player game and give them something to think about. Hopefully we can hold this and keep pushing for a second. The more WBA have to push, the more of a chance we''ll have on the break.

When we score first it plays to Hughton''s game plan, no problem.

When we concede first and the plan has to change Hughton usually fails to manage change or even hold the fort, stop things getting worse, or consolidate.

He can carry on with plan A second half thank goodness.

Great first half. Cracking goal and some nice football being played. Keep it up and I''m sure we can get a second. Just hope we don''t fall apart in the second half like we have been known to.

Just been looking at the first half stats on my screen - it says we have only had 1 corner. I swear weve had 2. 1 we wasted by not clearing the first man, and the second one we played short.Just a small point I know, but if the stats can''t be relied on, what''s the point in having them.On to the game - decent half by city - baggies dont look up to much so far. Hopefully we can keep them in this mood for H2.

Probably the best first half fir some time, just shows how a little attacking intent can change matters - positive as a 4-4-2 and look quite comfortable but sat a bit deep after the goal - looking stronger with Whits in for Martin.

Keep it going city we need these points today.