Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

match thread

Only saw the 2nd half cos of work .Poor performance , although they did dig in,great result. Redmond a great outlet but he MUST start to give a good final ball either a good shot or. a decent pass. Thought ruddy was excellent . Agree that hooper starting to look the part.

I am going to enjoy watching match of the day tonight.Fer was good but just saw he only had a 63% pass completion, great goal though.

Valuable 3 points.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Macey wrote the following post at 07/12/2013 5:

"Like I said nice to take the 3 points but I thought it was a terrible performance."

Couldn''t give a toss about the performance, two great goals away from home after the run we have been on, fantastic response from the players and credit to CH[/quote]Yes, the league table reflects results. Performances don''t get points.As we found against Cardiff etc etc.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Macey wrote the following post at 07/12/2013 5:

"Like I said nice to take the 3 points but I thought it was a terrible performance."

Couldn''t give a toss about the performance, two great goals away from home after the run we have been on, fantastic response from the players and credit to CH[/quote]
Of course the 3 points are the main thing, but we were f''ing lucky. If we don''t sort the sloppy mistakes out we are going to be in deep doodoo, just saying keep things in perspective, its a great welcome win but we need to up our game, all I''m saying.

A brilliant three AWAY points. Maybe it was t a great performance, but we would''ve taken it before the game.

Sure things need working on and we were under real pressure in the second half, but we have another 3 points on the board and, as far as I''m concerned, that''s great!!

A brilliant three AWAY points. Maybe it wasn''t a great performance, but we would''ve taken it before the game.

Sure things need working on and we were under real pressure in the second half, but we have another 3 points on the board and, as far as I''m concerned, that''s great!!

Couldn''t care less that it wasn''t a great performance either..

It''s nice to be beat a team which clearly had ''one of those days'', and to not be the team having ''that day''

We deserve some luck now and again

[quote user="Macey"]Nice to get the 3 points but how did WBA not win or atleast draw? We should not overlook this fact, they were cutting through us like butter at times, and the last 20mins or so we were camping out 18yard line almost.[/quote]On that basis, how did we not win against Cardiff?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Macey"]Nice to get the 3 points but how did WBA not win or atleast draw? We should not overlook this fact, they were cutting through us like butter at times, and the last 20mins or so we were camping out 18yard line almost.[/quote]On that basis, how did we not win against Cardiff?[/quote]Greavsie was right, it''s a funny old game.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Macey"]Nice to get the 3 points but how did WBA not win or atleast draw? We should not overlook this fact, they were cutting through us like butter at times, and the last 20mins or so we were camping out 18yard line almost.[/quote]On that basis, how did we not win against Cardiff?[/quote]
That is a valid point, but how long have we been putting under par performances in? esp away from home.

[quote user="Macey"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Macey"]Nice to get the 3 points but how did WBA not win or atleast draw? We should not overlook this fact, they were cutting through us like butter at times, and the last 20mins or so we were camping out 18yard line almost.[/quote]On that basis, how did we not win against Cardiff?[/quote]
That is a valid point, but how long have we been putting under par performances in? esp away from home.
[/quote]I think we''ve won 3 of our last 5 Prem games now.  If we can win with "under par performances" then that''s the sign of a team with much better days ahead.  I don''t think we were "under par" today though, do you?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Macey"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Macey"]Nice to get the 3 points but how did WBA not win or atleast draw? We should not overlook this fact, they were cutting through us like butter at times, and the last 20mins or so we were camping out 18yard line almost.[/quote]On that basis, how did we not win against Cardiff?[/quote]
[/quote]I think we''ve won 3 of our last 5 Prem games now.  If we can win with "under par performances" then that''s the sign of a team with much better days ahead.  I don''t think we were "under par" today though, do you?

[/quote]
Yes I thought we were poor today, like I originally said the 3 points are most welcome but if we continue to ride are luck like that then we will be in trouble and it''s something that is becoming a habit. esp in one half, we always drop deep and invite the pressure on for long periods of the game.
Either way I am chuffed with the points, hats off to the players.