Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Anyone else still firmly behind Hughton?

100 % yes!anyone can see the squad he is building and with time (And a few quid) he will build a successful team which i am confident can qualify for Europa league football in the next 3 or 4 years.. through a cup win perhaps!I was watching match of the day yesterday evening and a thought popped into my head, The vast majority of people who watch football have absolutely no idea about it whatsoever... Case in point the chelsea fans who want Di Matteto back.. it aint gonna happen! Half the fans on this message board who think Hughton should be sacked for securing premiership football, tightening us up defensively and making us a much harder outfit to beat, simply because they haven''t been "entertained"ultimately football is played to win, but it''s also about security, stability, and much more.. Hughton is bringing this.. i dont think Lambert would have.

Right behind him. I can see him being here for some time and establishing us in this league.

Interesting that there are three pages of supportive replys with only Wiz not. Says it all really about how distorted reality can become if we listen to those who shout the loudest.

As has been said this is a work in progress season.It is not pretty to watch at the moment and at times ugly but i cannot believe so many are not looking at the big picture.Look at all the clean sheets which has to be a vast improvement on last season. Houghton inherited a bunch of over achieving players some of whom have been found out this season. He has my full support and remember the aim was to remain in the Premiership to receive the huge pot of gold coming in the 2013/14 season so it would be foolish to put that in jeopardy with gung ho tactics that some want to see.

50/50 which is quite good for me considering i wanted him gone after 5 games50 for because it looks like we might just stay up after the everton result50 against because its terrible to watch, hes turned a free scoring team into a boring pile of rubbish, he kisses every other team and managers rear, he took 3/4 of a season before he made a substitution before 70 minutes, and we dont look overly convincing of doing any better or equalling last seasons position (shouldnt the theory be we have a stronger squad after one year and therefore capable of more?)

Yes - 100%

At last the majority view is heard. For too many months i have seen the rubbish on here. We have to back him and should back him. Work in progress and i truly believe next year we will consildate and improve.

One thing that people will have to get used to is mid table mediocrity. The top six have too much dosh. That does not however mean we have nothing to play for as staying in this league is alone a huge underataking. We may challange for a Europa place in a few seasons, may go on a cup run BUT we will not have the jot and fun of the promotion seasons and that is what some on here hanker for. Even I miss it but would prefer to play in the best league in the world.

OTBC

yeh but rat - wouldnt you rather settle for middle table mediocrity watching an attacking football playing team takes a hiding now and then rather than a dull pile of deep lying 5h1te that still concedes goals and struggles to draws more often than not in games they could/should be winning ?

I really want to like him but its hard. People say he needs time to build his squad but you don''t get much time in this league. Furthermore he''s had two transfer windows and never solved the striker or centre midfield problem. The offer of a 3 year contract to BJ kind of suggests to me he seems regard him as a key figure in our team. Lets be honest BJ isn''t quite good enough for this level and has been found out alot this year. So if CH is thinking this it''s worrying.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Lets be honest BJ isn''t quite good enough for this level and has been found out alot this year.[/quote]Bradley Johnson has been our most consistent player this season. Perhaps one day you''ll be able to get to a game then perhaps you''ll begin to understand it a bit more.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Lets be honest BJ isn''t quite good enough for this level and has been found out alot this year.[/quote]

Bradley Johnson has been our most consistent player this season. Perhaps one day you''ll be able to get to a game then perhaps you''ll begin to understand it a bit more.
[/quote]

This is rubbish. He''s part of a central midfield partnership that gets overun every single game. Maybe you need to open your eyes when you at games! Howson gets all the flak but its as much BJ. Howson with the right partner is a beeter all round player than BJ too. Theres a reason why BJ was not always a stater at Leeds in the championship and league one, and a reason why Howson always was.

Totally behind him.

We all know where we were last season in the summer, our best centre half left, our best right back left, cover at left back left... Holt asking for that contract. We needed the spine of the team to be addressed, he signed holty, tettey and bassong. Bunn, turner, Whittaker, garrido are so much better than what was ahead of them. Snoddy added quality to our flanks with eb looking less likely to be an answer 1 goal in almost 2seasons.

Yes the football has not been good at all, but we have nullified teams with much more experience and cash than us. The teams that came up have more cash than us. There has not been a team adrift or two teams adrift. If there was then we would be a little happier.

We have the summer to bring in better players throughout the team, strikers, winger, central midfielder.

In regard to Bradley Johnson he has been industrious but we need a little more, he is gaining experience but we need players who can allow us to play a 442 without being over-run by the opposition. I think tettey will improve and so will Johnson but we do need them to really begin to dictate and own a midfield. So far they have not shone and own the midfield battle, we need a player who can do that against the poorer teams.

But I believe Hughton can bring in players in the summer and our performances will be better. Staying up this season will be exceptional as was last season.

Our poor form is as much about the quality of the players as it may be to the changes the club has had to make due to Lamberts departure and style of play needed as our start to the season was diabolical.

[quote user="smooth"]Totally behind him. We all know where we were last season in the summer, our best centre half left, our best right back left, cover at left back left... Holt asking for that contract. We needed the spine of the team to be addressed, he signed holty, tettey and bassong. Bunn, turner, Whittaker, garrido are so much better than what was ahead of them. Snoddy added quality to our flanks with eb looking less likely to be an answer 1 goal in almost 2seasons. Yes the football has not been good at all, but we have nullified teams with much more experience and cash than us. The teams that came up have more cash than us. There has not been a team adrift or two teams adrift. If there was then we would be a little happier. We have the summer to bring in better players throughout the team, strikers, winger, central midfielder. In regard to Bradley Johnson he has been industrious but we need a little more, he is gaining experience but we need players who can allow us to play a 442 without being over-run by the opposition. I think tettey will improve and so will Johnson but we do need them to really begin to dictate and own a midfield. So far they have not shone and own the midfield battle, we need a player who can do that against the poorer teams. But I believe Hughton can bring in players in the summer and our performances will be better. Staying up this season will be exceptional as was last season. Our poor form is as much about the quality of the players as it may be to the changes the club has had to make due to Lamberts departure and style of play needed as our start to the season was diabolical.[/quote]

Completely agree. It''s obvious there is a problem there yet fans see his indusrty and think he''s a good player. Our central midfield is our weak link. As you say we never own a midfield and are constantly over run. BJ is a useful player, but not one that should be starting week in week out, and certainly not the corner stone to our team. There''s games where he is very handy when we need to break and destroy oppostions play, for example at Arsenal or Man utd, But at home to southampton we need better. We need players to aggresively dominate and keep the ball from the opposition whilst creating for our wingers and forwards.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Lets be honest BJ isn''t quite good enough for this level and has been found out alot this year.[/quote]Bradley Johnson has been our most consistent player this season. Perhaps one day you''ll be able to get to a game then perhaps you''ll begin to understand it a bit more.[/quote]

This is rubbish. He''s part of a central midfield partnership that gets overun every single game. Maybe you need to open your eyes when you at games! Howson gets all the flak but its as much BJ. Howson with the right partner is a beeter all round player than BJ too. Theres a reason why BJ was not always a stater at Leeds in the championship and league one, and a reason why Howson always was. [/quote]

So, by using the same reasoning, the fact that Johnson has been picked for EVERY game this season (apart from the one when he was banned), and Howson is only in the side because of Tettey''s injury, proves who is the better player. When Tettey returns, Howson will be dropped to the bench again and not Johnson.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Lets be honest BJ isn''t quite good enough for this level and has been found out alot this year.[/quote]

Bradley Johnson has been our most consistent player this season. Perhaps one day you''ll be able to get to a game then perhaps you''ll begin to understand it a bit more.
[/quote]

This is rubbish. He''s part of a central midfield partnership that gets overun every single game. Maybe you need to open your eyes when you at games! Howson gets all the flak but its as much BJ. Howson with the right partner is a beeter all round player than BJ too. Theres a reason why BJ was not always a stater at Leeds in the championship and league one, and a reason why Howson always was. [/quote]

So, by using the same reasoning, the fact that Johnson has been picked for EVERY game this season (apart from the one when he was banned), and Howson is only in the side because of Tettey''s injury, proves who is the better player. When Tettey returns, Howson will be dropped to the bench again and not Johnson.

[/quote]

Proving my original point that I''m concerened that Hughton see''s him as key player for us when he cleary cannot hold his own.

Yes Hughton is more qualified to judge but you must agree that we have failed to control a midfield for 90% of the games this season? A midfield, in which you rightly pointout, has seen BJ play every game bar one.

Some very good points on this thread.I am completely and utterly behind Hughton. Yes the football at times has been dire but there have also been times where we''ve played really well. Spurs and Swansea away. I cannot believe we''re actually having this debate because as far as I can see there has been improvement in the goalkeeping department- Bunn is good competition for Ruddy and CH has improved our defence no end. My only real complaint is the striker department and even then Holty, Vaughan, Simeon Jackson, Morison and Martin is not as good as Holty, Becchio, Kamara and Simeon Jackson but thats just my opinion. Give Hughton the summer and then judge. We all said staying up this year was our aim and we''re on course to do so.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Lets be honest BJ isn''t quite good enough for this level and has been found out alot this year.[/quote]Bradley Johnson has been our most consistent player this season. Perhaps one day you''ll be able to get to a game then perhaps you''ll begin to understand it a bit more.[/quote]But he can''t pass, we need midfielders who can if we''re going to continue playing this formation.

BJ can pass. Do you not remember that goal against ( I think) sunderland, when we put 5,632 passes together before he slid Pilks through with a superb effort, beautifully finished off by Anthony? He can also tackle block, run, & even dribble a bit.

Unfortunately he does none of those things consistently enough. He''ll do something really good, & I''ll think I''ve underestimated him again, then 5 minutes later he messes it all up.

I think he''s a bit jaded lately as well; he''s one of those players who needs serious competition to keep him on his toes.

Anyway, for reasons I''ve explained before, I''m right behind Hughton. We''ve seen the sort of players he''s after; I particularly liked the sound of RVW. Hardly a defence minded clogger that at least one idiot on here thinks he favours.

I hereby personally guarantee that next season will be incomparably more entertaining than this one!

I''m firmly behind Hughton.
I think the main difference between this season and last season, is that last season Boruc dives the other way.
Also, even if Johnson isn''t good enough as a starter, we won''t sign 3 defensive-midfielders ahead of him in the summer, so he''s worth a new contract.

Fully behind our manager, although the game yesterday was atrocious, we didn''t lose . We deserved to thiugh imo

The moment I heard that lambert was going, I wanted Hughton (with Poyet if not).  It was our good luck that West Brom decided not to stump up the compensation and went for Clarke.

I think the real issue for so many City fanswho criticise what is going on  is that they do not appreciate just how difficult our situation was in the summer. 

There is lots of talk about how well we did last year compared to this and the wonderful attacking go for it football we had.  Until January that is fair comment but the adrenalin rush was running out and other teams were finding us out.  We tailed off badly.  Let me remind you of some of our attacking gung ho Lambert triumphs.

Sunderland away, Leicester in the cup, Bolton at home even though we won, Wolves ditto, Stoke away, Fulham, Blackburn away and Man City at home.   Remember them?   All performances as poor as anything we''ve seen in the last few weeks. It was obvious we would struggle this season without a big step up in class.  Our academy and scouting were reduced after the austerity necessary when we were fighting insolvency.

This squad was not a success story which Hughton has spoilt.  It was a success story which had peaked and faced real decline unless something drastic was done.   It is being done.  The story is a long way from over.

Most of those who arent behind him are plastic fans any way. We dont win for a few games and he must go, then suddenly we win and suddenly all is well again.

I am behind him 100% even when results arent going our way. Those who slate the manager/team after a few bad results really dont deserve to be ''supporting'' such a well run club.