Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Wigan Match Thread!!

The clown Hughton had plenty of time to see Wigan were building up for a goal, why the hell to wait until we are 1 down to make the changes which we all knew needed to the made.

When you set up not to lose, that''s always the danger, that you concede.  I don''t care what Hughton claims today, we set up not to lose this and it''s backfired big time!

This one really upsets me. Wigan are poor and we failed to capitalise. This reminds me of WBA game. Now we stand a chance of getting sucked in to the mire.

We will beat Swansea next week. Wigan were always likely to win this game, its what they do at this time of the season. We do well against Swansea. And then we have Reading and Villa at home as well, two very winnable games. Dead cert draw with Stoke and then we have Arsenal, West Brom and Man.C to do whatever against.

Grant Holt''s addition to the game, everyone. Sit and stare... sit and stare

[quote user="Gingerpele"]We will beat Swansea next week. Wigan were always likely to win this game, its what they do at this time of the season. We do well against Swansea. And then we have Reading and Villa at home as well, two very winnable games. Dead cert draw with Stoke and then we have Arsenal, West Brom and Man.C to do whatever against.[/quote]

Stop all this nonsence "we will beat so and so" we can''t beat anyone right now and are firmly in a relgation scrap.

We just don''t look like we can actually BEAT a side - we set out every game with the aim of doing... not a lot

[quote user="Gingerpele"]We will beat Swansea next week. Wigan were always likely to win this game, its what they do at this time of the season. We do well against Swansea. And then we have Reading and Villa at home as well, two very winnable games. Dead cert draw with Stoke and then we have Arsenal, West Brom and Man.C to do whatever against.[/quote]

what are you on.

Hughton has got us playing boring defensive football yet we have some very winnable games? dont we have to scoire to win?

is this wigans first home clean sheet of the season

I can''t help but love the optimisim on here lol We don''t stand a chance against Swansea. We aren''t looking like winning any remaining games - seriously come on!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]When you set up not to lose, that''s always the danger, that you concede.  I don''t care what Hughton claims today, we set up not to lose this and it''s backfired big time![/quote]

I have to say I find this comment really poor.

We had the majority of the chances, the majority of the possession and what is failing us is the final ball and finishing - who''s fault is that?

It is not for the lack of attacking play, but turning that attacking play into goals.

I feel for Hughton, I really do as people are looking at the goals for and stating that we are playing defensively as why we are not scoring when that is not the case.

It''s about how to try and fit into a side your best attacking assets.

I hope todays game also shows people who were calling for E.Bennett to play that he is not as good as Pilkington or Snodgrass and probably is not premiership.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]We haven''t been playing defensive football today you prat. Actually watch the game.[/quote]
You''re right, apart from Hoolahan they were playing crap football.

[quote user="Carra Rud"]I can''t help but love the optimisim on here lol We don''t stand a chance against Swansea. We aren''t looking like winning any remaining games - seriously come on![/quote]

It''s not optimism to say that very frequently in football,. teams win when they "don''t look like winning".

I really can''t be bothered with some fans.

If you''re all that negative and depressed about football, why bother? I seriously couldn''t be bothered to even check the results if I felt like half of you lot on here...

We have strengthened the squad and look less likely than scoring than ever.Its the formation, I knowthe diamond had its day and all but all this lone striker bollocks is so infuriating. Hughton is a coward. We have lost all the attacking spark and flair and build up play. It just looks like a hit and hope game and has done for ages.I hope Hughton slings his hook.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]We haven''t been playing defensive football today you prat. Actually watch the game.[/quote]

Would u like to come and meet me and call me a prat.?

Remind me how many teams have scored fewer goals than us this season

28 goals in 31 games

norwich city dont score goals under hughtons tactics, you cant blame the players, the squads not that different to last season where they banged them in for fun.we are the only team not to score at the dw this season, tells a story in itself, wigan are rubbishno goals = no winsno wins = relegation

4 points clear of the bottom 3

I''m fookin fuming right now. 

The nerves will set in even more now and it''ll be even harder to try and scrape a win.

I don''t like criticising anyone, but I thought that Bennett was extremely poor today.

[:(]

So many deluded people on here. Multiple times today we were in fantastic positions and the final ball was awful. There are a number of players within our squad that are just not good enough!

[quote user="city4eva"]

Would u like to come and meet me and call me a prat.?

Remind me how many teams have scored fewer goals than us this season

28 goals in 31 games

[/quote]

Wow. Going for a record at fitting in as many logical fallacies in one post as possible?