Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Now wee in a relegation scrap...

The most worrying thing is the form of Wigan and Villa,they have momentum we dont. Lets just hope Sunderland don''t improve, otherwise we''re in real s**t!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="ricardo"]Give it a rest pantwetters, we are dead on target for 43 points.Nothing to worry about.[/quote]

Which games do you see us getting the 9 points from Ricardo ?

I hate to sound negative but we are in a relegation scrap now and the Swansea game becomes a must win game where we have to set out the team to win.

[/quote]No it doesn''t. We have 4 home games all with good chances of points..Goals and points will come.

I can''t believe how many people don''t grasp how incredibly difficult it is to predict future form based on the past few games, or however many games one needs to consider before the inevitable prediction suits the person making it.

[quote user="Manchester Canary"]The most worrying thing is the form of Wigan and Villa,they have momentum we dont. Lets just hope Sunderland don''t improve, otherwise we''re in real s**t![/quote]

Unless Villa get smashed against Liverpool and then people start saying they''re doomed again etc. Things will change around, but we''ve been steady at about 12th-14th and I expect our home games will be enough as Ricardo said. We''re not getting battered in games and we''ve had chances in all of them to win except Man U recently. Anything can happen, but personally I feel content enough at present. Disappointed about today, but far from beside myself

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="ricardo"]Give it a rest pantwetters, we are dead on target for 43 points.

Nothing to worry about.
[/quote]

I hate to sound negative but we are in a relegation scrap now and the Swansea game becomes a must win game where we have to set out the team to win.

[/quote]

But you are being negative and we need some positve Angels around at the moment just like these.......

[IMG]http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/NewBeginnings2/Angels/ag210.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="ricardo"]Give it a rest pantwetters, we are dead on target for 43 points.Nothing to worry about.[/quote]

[/quote]

But you are being negative and we need some positve Angels around at the moment just like these.......

[IMG]http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/NewBeginnings2/Angels/ag210.gif[/IMG]

[/quote]
Phwoar! Looks like they''re headed to the winners dressing room. I can see it in their eyes.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="ricardo"]Give it a rest pantwetters, we are dead on target for 43 points.

Nothing to worry about.
[/quote]

[/quote]

No it doesn''t. We have 4 home games all with good chances of points..

Goals and points will come.
[/quote]

Aside from blind optimism Ricardo, what exactly do you base that on?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

Nothing to worry about.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes those angels will cheer you men up [:)] but what about us worried women ?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

But they''re in blue.....

[/quote]

Blue Angels whatever next ? [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They look purple to me unless I''m colour blind [:)]

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]No it doesn''t. We have 4 home games all with good chances of points..Goals and points will come.[/quote]

[/quote]It takes a win and 3 draws to get to 40 points. Hardly an impossible task given the fixtures. Lots of teams won''t get 40 points.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They look purple to me unless I''m colour blind [:)]

[/quote]

Mauve or lilac rather than a real purple, angel![;)]

[quote user="York Canary"]If we''d won there''d be 1 thread saying well done[/quote]

That is pathetic York. We didn''t win!!! We lost!!!

I have always tried to remain optimistic but we are on a slippery slope and no one seems to know how to apply the breaks. We cannot win a game and we cannot score a goal. How on earth are we going to stay up? Some say our defence is good enough to keep us up, well I say bollocks!! We have a minus 19 goal difference already. Other teams can now see us twitching, rightly so, and will be throwing everything at us now. Something we should have been doing to others about 5 games ago, not setting out for a point.

Oh, and while I''m at it, what the f**k is our captain doing on the bench?!?! Holt should start and Kamara should be brought on, at the cost of Howson or BJ if we are behind and need to score! I wonder if RVW has a get out clause when we are relegated? Hand on heart, I think we''re going down now, if CH keeps playing these negative tactics.

To be honest, our away form has stank all season, with one win away from home.Whilst I''m concerned I still feel it''s in our hands. Looking at our remaining seven games we''ve got Swansea, West Brom, Reading & Villa at home, and Stoke, Arsenal and Man City away.Sunderland have got Chelsea, Spurs, Newcastle and Villa away, and Everton, Southampton and Stoke at home. Whilst it''s hard to predict anything in this league (Southampton beating Liverpool & Chelsea back to back for example), we''re 3 points in front of Sunderland. If Sunderland pull a rabbit out of a hat though, I think we''re in big trouble.

Our future is still in our hands and Villa , Wigan andSunderland would all swap places with us at the moment. That said our total inability to score goals may well do for us. We should have beaten Southampton [ penalty] and the chances spurned against sunderland may yet come home to haunt. 1 win and the total atmosphere on here will change

We have been all this year.

None as so blind as those who can''t see. And plenty on here are not looking.

2 up fromt for the rest of the season. Attack is the best form of defence. How can it be any worse?

It''s still in our hands, it''s still in our hands, come on, a big part of this board has been spouting about how high up we should be aiming, now all of a sudden "it''s still in our hands" that unfortunately is the self comfort that precedes a fall.

Get some balls and start playing the football that we all want to see !!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if this''ll work:

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 30/03/2013 5:44 PM:

cityangel wrote:

ricardo wrote:

Give it a rest pantwetters, we are dead on target for 43 points.

Nothing to worry about.

Which games do you see us getting the 9 points from Ricardo ?

I hate to sound negative but we are in a relegation scrap now and the Swansea game becomes a must win game where we have to set out the team to win.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/NewBeginnings2/Angels/ag210.gif

Anyway, I''ll have the second from the left please.

Have her washed & sent to my room

I think the turning points were the failure in the January transfer window and the negativity in approach against Newcastle and beyond.

Yes, we are in a relegation battle and have been for weeks. Our tactics and the resultant lack of victories were always going to drag us into trouble sooner or later.

Reading at home is key to our survival.

Every game will,now get tougher and harder to get something from.

We WILL be fine!

A combination of the 4 point ''head start'' that we currently have and the remaining fixtures, will save us.

Everyone is looking at Sunderland''s run-in, but I think Wigan''s run-in is worse!  3 away league games in a row, 4 in 5, throw in an FA Cup Semi Final and I would not be in the least bit surprised to see Wigan''s heroics over the last couple of weeks or so end up being all in vein.  Their rally over the last few games is not comparable to last season, when they were beating everyone and mostly in some style too.

QPR and Reading are down and I do think it will be extremely tight for that last spot between Villa, Wigan & Sunderland.  Wigan vs Villa on the last day of the season will be very interesting, in the knowledge that we will be safe by then.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I think the turning points were the failure in the January transfer window and the negativity in approach against Newcastle and beyond. Yes, we are in a relegation battle and have been for weeks. Our tactics and the resultant lack of victories were always going to drag us into trouble sooner or later. Reading at home is key to our survival.[/quote]

I think we will stay up, but it could be a very close-run thing, and certainly closer than it should have been. The view that we mishandled the January transfer window was very much a minority one here. Perhaps less so now.

Ron - You''re right of course that we shouldn''t point fingers at individual ''pivotal'' games. However, for me at least, Newcastle set the tone for what, unfortunately, has followed.

Purple - I do hope you''re belief is well placed. We''ve won one in fifteen. We lack ideas/quality in the final third.

Looking at our remaining games. Can''t see up getting anything from the three away games.

I simply don''t have confidence that Hughton will have our team as motivated and up for it as Lambert so three points to Villa, That leaves Swansea and West Brom, both of which are safe enabling them to play with the freedom that we can only dream of. Let''s say we only manage a point from these two. Fail to beat Reading it''s hello to the Championship again.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="cityangel"]

Nothing to worry about.
[/quote]

[/quote]

No it doesn''t. We have 4 home games all with good chances of points..

Goals and points will come.
[/quote]

[/quote]

It takes a win and 3 draws to get to 40 points. Hardly an impossible task given the fixtures. Lots of teams won''t get 40 points.
[/quote]

But I want us go get to the 40 point mark under our own steam, not have to rely on the results of other teams to see us safe.