Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

2013/14 season ticket prices

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]We fill our ground, don''t think anyone could not expect an increase. I''m going to have a pretty steep increase, U21 to Adult.... Think i''m going to have to take over payment from my Grandad, not fair him paying for my adult season ticket really.[/quote]

Think I''ve heard it all now. You mean to say you get in for nothing?

[/quote]I can''t believe you wrote that on here, GP. Take my advice and think before you start hammering away on the keyboard.No wonder you get so much flak....

[/quote]

Why can''t you believe I wrote that?

You have no idea how it works do you? You don''t know me or my Grandad. If you did, you''d know that he''s never wanted me to pay. I bought him and me Spurs away tickets, and despite me saying many times I didn''t want him to give me any money, I had it covered, he still gave me the money for the tickets. I offered to pay for my ST when I first got a job at 16. He said no. When I first went to U21 I offered again, he said no.

What exactly is wrong with a grandparent paying for their currently unemployed student Grandsons U21 season ticket? Like I said, now its going to be an adult ticket, i''m going to pay. In 3 months I won''t be a student anymore. There is a big difference. I''m quite shocked at yours and Webbo''s response to be honest. What horrible lives you must live where everyone in your families has to pay for everything themselves. You have no idea about my finances, my parents finances or my Grandad''s finances.[/quote]Why are you shocked ? I''m afraid it''s you who doesn''t know how it works, at least how it works on the '' Pink -Un '' messageboard.Your rant tells me you''ve completely got hold of the wrong end of the stick here GP. I''m not the least bit interested in anyone''s finances/ circumstances and it''s nice for you that you have a relative who buys your ticket. I don''t know why you think I live a miserable existence where I expect everyone to pay everything themslves? I buy tickets for my sons sometimes - and a lot else besides -and I expect they appreciate it too.The point I was trying to make is that not so long ago you left this site in a dramatic ( short ) farewell because you were fed up with people always having a go at you. I said at the time that you often laid yourself wide open by things you said on here which is exactly what you''ve done now by telling everyone that you''ve been getting into matches on a freebie!!. Just by saying that you''ve invited yet more ridicule. I''m sure others on here get their season tickets paid for but they''re sensible enough to keep it to themselves. In view of your previous problems on here wouldn''t that have been best ?It was just a word to the wise, that''s all....[/quote]

Now this was at the bottom of page 2, so I haven''t read page 3 or 4 yet this will go one of two ways:

1) GP will continue the argument showing little understanding of the point ASMS was trying to make

2) GP will show complete remorse and agree at least in part with ASMS.

I''m going with number 1 as he will feel he has been ''dissed'' on here...lets find out

Prob a bit of both but closer to 2) for ASMS but definitely closer to 1) for webbo

As I''ve said to you before GP ignore them

£1m increase in revenue equates roughly to one player''s salary so does not add materially to our buying power in the market.

This goes to the heart of the dilemma the club faces. It is difficult to compete in the PL with clubs of a similar fan base without significant investment from owners etc.

We are not in that position so cannot attract the type of players whose names we regularly discuss on the board.

Our current ownership structure may in fact be in our best interests as stakeholders (supporters) of the football team in the sense it secures the longer term stability of the club. Equally, we should acknowledge that such an approach may make it increasingly - rather than less difficult- to compete in the PL as more clubs in the Championship, and likely to get promoted, are backed by material external finance even if we avoid relegation this season.

What Highland says is pretty much the way I see it. Except I can feel the wind of change. There''s certainly moves from the very top of the game to try and make clubs more self sufficient and I think we''ll start to see the effects of this some of this very soon. These changes could have a positive effect on our club''s fortunes because clubs like QPR are unsustainable long term. So we shouldn''t be surprised that in the short term our board are trying to eke out every penny from every source they can to be put into the first team.

Just to add another gripe to the list what i also find unsavoury is that the all important 1st deadline has been brought forward to 23rd February so we are being asked to commit to paying premier league prices at a time when it will be completely unclear whether or not we will be in the premier league next season, there is no provision for the price to be reduced should we get relegated and alongside it there is a veiled threat that if we do stay up and manage to stay up again next season then those of us who did not renew before the 1st deadline will be hit with another hike.

Last October, the BBC produced a "price of football" survey, bearing in mind this is based on last years prices :http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19842397The clubs that offer better value than Norwich generally have more seats available than average crowd to fill them, such as Villa or Wigan.  Swansea do appear to be very competitively priced for the league - I''d expect them to put prices up too.

Club

Cheapest season ticket

Most expensive season ticket

Cheapest match-day ticket

Most expensive match-day ticket

Cheapest day out

Programme

Pie

Tea

Arsenal

£ 985.00*

£ 1,955.00*

£ 26.00

£ 126.00

£ 34.30

£ 3.00

£ 3.30

£ 2.00

Aston Villa

£ 325.00

£ 595.00

£ 20.00

£ 45.00

£ 28.30

£ 3.00

£ 3.20

£ 2.10

Chelsea

£ 595.00

£ 1,250.00

£ 41.00

£ 87.00

£ 49.60

£ 3.00

£ 3.60

£ 2.00

Everton

£ 399.00

£ 672.30

£ 31.00

£ 43.00

£ 38.90

£ 3.00

£ 2.80

£ 2.10

Fulham

£ 399.00

£ 959.00

£ 20.00

£ 75.00

£ 29.30

£ 3.50

£ 3.90

£ 1.90

Liverpool

£ 725.00

£ 802.00

£ 39.00

£ 48.00

£ 47.30

£ 3.00

£ 3.10

£ 2.20

Man City

£ 275.00

£ 695.00

£ 26.00

£ 58.00

£ 35.00

£ 3.00

£ 3.50

£ 2.50

Man Utd

£ 532.00

£ 950.00

£ 30.00

£ 52.00

£ 38.60

£ 3.00

£ 3.10

£ 2.50

Newcastle

£ 322.00

£ 909.00

£ 15.00

£ 70.00

£ 23.00

£ 3.00

£ 2.80

£ 2.20

Norwich

£ 471.00

£ 790.00

£ 30.00

£ 50.00

£ 38.00

£ 3.50

£ 2.50

£ 2.00

QPR

£ 499.00

£ 949.00

£ 25.00

£ 55.00

£ 33.00

£ 3.00

£ 3.00

£ 2.00

Reading

£ 350.00

£ 595.00

£ 37.00

£ 50.00

£ 45.00

£ 3.00

£ 3.20

£ 1.80

Southampton

£ 495.00

£ 780.00

£ 28.00

£ 48.00

£ 36.20

£ 3.00

£ 3.20

£ 2.00

Stoke

£ 344.00

£ 609.00

£ 25.00

£ 50.00

£ 33.10

£ 3.50

£ 2.60

£ 2.00

Sunderland

£ 400.00

£ 845.00

£ 25.00

£ 40.00

£ 33.00

£ 3.00

£ 2.90

£ 2.10

Swansea

£ 429.00

£ 499.00

£ 35.00

£ 45.00

£ 42.80

£ 3.00

£ 3.00

£ 1.80

Tottenham

£ 730.00

£ 1,845.00

£ 32.00

£ 81.00

£ 41.20

£ 3.50

£ 3.70

£ 2.00

West Brom

£ 349.00

£ 449.00

£ 25.00

£ 39.00

£ 33.10

£ 3.00

£ 2.90

£ 2.20

West Ham

£ 480.00

£ 850.00

£ 36.00

£ 67.00

£ 44.50

£ 3.50

£ 3.00

£ 2.00

Wigan

£ 255.00

£ 310.00

£ 20.00

£ -

£ 27.10

£ 3.00

£ 2.30#

£ 1.80#

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Just to add another gripe to the list what i also find unsavoury is that the all important 1st deadline has been brought forward to 23rd February so we are being asked to commit to paying premier league prices at a time when it will be completely unclear whether or not we will be in the premier league next season, there is no provision for the price to be reduced should we get relegated and alongside it there is a veiled threat that if we do stay up and manage to stay up again next season then those of us who did not renew before the 1st deadline will be hit with another hike.[/quote]

Calm down Jimbo! We both know you''d renew at the first deadline whatever. And it''s a bit of a con anyway being as we can pay the money we commnit over 12 months interest free. Sometimes you''ve got to look at the positives or you''ll turn into a grumpy old bugga popping kids inflatables[;)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="T"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

There will be an increase. Or at least that was what was said at the AGM.

[/quote]

All sorts of specific increases last season, depending on early payment or not, and the various categories, but generally it was around 11 per cent. And, despite the idea that we have been holding prices down, a Guardian survey showed that if you excluded the top six or so clubs (plus some London prices) we were very much at the top of the group of small to medium-sized clubs such as WBA, Swansea, Sunderland, Stoke, Reading and Wigan.

[/quote]

So you are saying are tickets are average price then

[/quote]

T, I have to trust these Guardian figures. But if they are generally right then Everton and Villa are also both cheaper than us this season both at the top and the bottom of the ranges, which is what I was looking at in comparison to those clubs listed in my earlier post, while Fulham, QPR, Newcastle, Man Utd and Man City all have a cheaper bottom price than us. Their top prices, of course, are way above. But only five clubs - Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and West Ham - have both a higher bottom and a higher top price than us.

Given all that, I would say it is hard to work out what "average" is.
What is true, assuming the general accuracy of those Guardian figures, is that our prices are certainly not cheap by overall PL standards.

[/quote]

At the AGM Delia apparently slapped down a complaint by saying that fans had to pay Premier League prices for Premier League football, as if there was one Premier League price. What the Guardian figures show is that there is a wide disparity of prices, and that we are generally speaking higher up the table than might have been imagined. It will be interesting to see what other clubs do, but a guess would be that our higher-than-inflation rise will push us even higher up the table.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Just to add another gripe to the list what i also find unsavoury is that the all important 1st deadline has been brought forward to 23rd February so we are being asked to commit to paying premier league prices at a time when it will be completely unclear whether or not we will be in the premier league next season, there is no provision for the price to be reduced should we get relegated and alongside it there is a veiled threat that if we do stay up and manage to stay up again next season then those of us who did not renew before the 1st deadline will be hit with another hike.[/quote]

I don''t think there is much "veiled" involved.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Just to add another gripe to the list what i also find unsavoury is that the all important 1st deadline has been brought forward to 23rd February.

[/quote]

In the interests of fairness to whoever reads this thread at NCFC it should be pointed out that last seasons first deadline was 26th February so only 3 days in it and the 2011/12 season 5th March.

As pointed out earlier and by others the BBC analysis is not a great piece of analysis to draw any conclusions from as it just takes some sample spot prices which may or may not be generally representative ie it igores how many tickets are sold at those prices . Average price per ticket and attendance versus capacity would be more informative. I suspect the conclusion though of such an analysis would simply that every club is trying to maximise revenue given supply (capacaty) and demand. The 1800 on the season ticket waiting list suggests that demand exceeds supply and therefore the club is seeking to increase revenue to give us the best chance of staying up as the probability of staying up is largely driven by the size of the wage bill. 

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Just to add another gripe to the list what i also find unsavoury is that the all important 1st deadline has been brought forward to 23rd February so we are being asked to commit to paying premier league prices at a time when it will be completely unclear whether or not we will be in the premier league next season, there is no provision for the price to be reduced should we get relegated and alongside it there is a veiled threat that if we do stay up and manage to stay up again next season then those of us who did not renew before the 1st deadline will be hit with another hike.[/quote]Better value for money, 23 games instead of 19... plus probably more entertainment against lesser sides!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Just to add another gripe to the list what i also find unsavoury is that the all important 1st deadline has been brought forward to 23rd February.

[/quote]

In the interests of fairness to whoever reads this thread at NCFC it should be pointed out that last seasons first deadline was 26th February so only 3 days in it and the 2011/12 season 5th March.

[/quote]

In that case I withdraw the accusation that the deadline has been brought forward. i was under the impression it was March last season. I still think though that asking fans to renew by 23 Feb to take advantage of the future price freeze is cheeky. Still I guess by then we will know the extent of the clubs ambition as we will know whether or not they have actually tried to stay in this league by spending some decent money on a striker.

As the club according to the audited accounts are trying to get an overdraft to cover a cash shortfall in the the summer then it is clear that the club is trying to be as ambitious as possible as available cash allows.

Seems to me that, with the lowest Adult season ticket now just over £500, that''s roughly 50% of the revenue that can be generated from selling the same seat to an adult on a game by game basis.

We''re informed that 10 out of 11 games so far this season have been "home sell outs" so, on the basis that you can only sell a seat once as a season ticket, and with a ST cap at 22,000, they''re probably aiming to increase the revenue receipt per seat towards 2/3rds the costs of the casual price. That''s a scary prospect!   

To be honest, as long as there''s plenty of ''look how far we''ve come'' brigade backing McNally up.

The fans feeling the pinch will just get swept aside.

Solution? Ballcocks to £500+ per season. Go watch your local non league side for about £5-£6 with an ear to radio Nogood.

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]To be honest, as long as there''s plenty of ''look how far we''ve come'' brigade backing McNally up. The fans feeling the pinch will just get swept aside. Solution? Ballcocks to £500+ per season. Go watch your local non league side for about £5-£6 with an ear to radio Nogood.[/quote]

I doubt that brigade actually exists buddy. I think the largest brigade are the ones who moan on here but do feck all about it. The problem is that st holders are not now all people who want to go to every game. There are many who want to ensure they can get to see the games they want to. The high percentage of season tickets sold is what keeps casual tickets priced so ridiculously high. Compared to casual prices the season ticket IS a good deal. Especially considering it can be paid for over the season much like casual tickets are paid for.

[quote user="52canary"]

You sound like you are from the same era as me stratton, I can just about afford it again, but I do not know how much longer I will want to.

Agree on the the strikers !!

[/quote]Once you are on a fixed income pension it starts to get harder each year, what with energy, food etc increasing at above inflation levels.It''s beginning to become a luxury purchase and unfortunately like all luxury items if you have to quibble about the price then you can''t afford it.Ricardo''s Peroni intake will decline by another pint per week.[;)]

[quote user="T"]As pointed out earlier and by others the BBC analysis is not a great piece of analysis to draw any conclusions from as it just takes some sample spot prices which may or may not be generally representative ie it igores how many tickets are sold at those prices . Average price per ticket and attendance versus capacity would be more informative. I suspect the conclusion though of such an analysis would simply that every club is trying to maximise revenue given supply (capacaty) and demand. The 1800 on the season ticket waiting list suggests that demand exceeds supply and therefore the club is seeking to increase revenue to give us the best chance of staying up as the probability of staying up is largely driven by the size of the wage bill. [/quote]

T, I would agree with most of that. To be clear, I wan''t arguing that our prices were too high, only that they were higher, comparitively speaking, than was generally thought. And the size of the waiting list, at 1,800, is significant. My argument has been that the club''s pricing policy was too short-termist, in that it was no way to keep on attracting in the next generation of replacements AND attracting the 8,000 extra fans needed to fill a 35,000-seat stadium. That plan has plainly been kicked into the long grass, so for the moment all the club has to do is keep the current number of fans prepared to pay the prices.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]To be honest, as long as there''s plenty of ''look how far we''ve come'' brigade backing McNally up. The fans feeling the pinch will just get swept aside. Solution? Ballcocks to £500+ per season. Go watch your local non league side for about £5-£6 with an ear to radio Nogood.[/quote]

I doubt that brigade actually exists buddy. I think the largest brigade are the ones who moan on here but do feck all about it. The problem is that st holders are not now all people who want to go to every game. There are many who want to ensure they can get to see the games they want to. The high percentage of season tickets sold is what keeps casual tickets priced so ridiculously high. Compared to casual prices the season ticket IS a good deal. Especially considering it can be paid for over the season much like casual tickets are paid for.

[/quote]

Good deal or not, it''s a deal the club has created itself. Many people are now struggling to find the money. And will drop out renewing their STs

And yes I do believe there''s a certain number of ''look how far we''ve come'' brigade. Because the fans replacing the drop-outs will be young ''uns whose memory will only stretch back to L1 & Championship. And ironically be under 21 and revenue will inevitably be less.

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Good deal or not, it''s a deal the club has created itself. Many people are now struggling to find the money. And will drop out renewing their STs

And yes I do believe there''s a certain number of ''look how far we''ve come'' brigade. Because the fans replacing the drop-outs will be young ''uns whose memory will only stretch back to L1 & Championship. And ironically be under 21 and revenue will inevitably be less.

[/quote]

That''s true. But it was one of the most criticised policies of the heavily criticised board pre-McNally. Who else remember the "cynical season ticket scam" accusations accusing the club of manipulating fans into not voting with their feet. And insuring large crowds watched the inept board take the club into division three old money! sic.

Now this board have carried it on but used it for the "cynical casual ticket scam" allowing them to put casual ticket sales through the roof and then point to 40% discounted seats for season ticket holders.

I''ll wager some of the same people are complaining about both scams. Because that''s what serial complainers do. I believe season ticket holders still get a good deal. What underpins that deal is being able to pay for the ticket interest free over 12 months. When the season ticket is not a good deal I will stop buying it. I''m not one of lifes victims who is apparently defenceless in the face of the scamming football club.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Any advance on £500 minimum standard adult ticket price for the Lower Barclay???[/quote]

Just under if you remove the Academy Donation. Not quite as bad as I thought it would be.

Wonder if we''ll get updates from the club this season about renewal numbers. I don''t think we did last year...

Quite simply supply exceeds demand and so McNally has us over a barrell. It sums up football that the Club will have an income of around £80 million but will still screw the supporter as much as they can. As he stated at the last AGM we are a sort of co-operative although with some players earning around £30 thousand a week and most supporters earning far much less over a year it does not sound much of a co-operative to me. To emphasise the "over the barrell" syndrome we are now asked to pay this February for a match to take place in May 2014. It amazes me that we are still not charged to spend a penny every match "over a trough"

[quote user="vos"]Quite simply supply exceeds demand and so McNally has us over a barrell. It sums up football that the Club will have an income of around £80 million but will still screw the supporter as much as they can. As he stated at the last AGM we are a sort of co-operative although with some players earning around £30 thousand a week and most supporters earning far much less over a year it does not sound much of a co-operative to me. To emphasise the "over the barrell" syndrome we are now asked to pay this February for a match to take place in May 2014. It amazes me that we are still not charged to spend a penny every match "over a trough"[/quote]

Only if we choose to. The interest free credit is open to everyone.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]£1m increase in revenue equates roughly to one player''s salary so does not add materially to our buying power in the market. This goes to the heart of the dilemma the club faces. It is difficult to compete in the PL with clubs of a similar fan base without significant investment from owners etc. We are not in that position so cannot attract the type of players whose names we regularly discuss on the board. Our current ownership structure may in fact be in our best interests as stakeholders (supporters) of the football team in the sense it secures the longer term stability of the club. Equally, we should acknowledge that such an approach may make it increasingly - rather than less difficult- to compete in the PL as more clubs in the Championship, and likely to get promoted, are backed by material external finance even if we avoid relegation this season.[/quote]

Good post