Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

2013/14 season ticket prices

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]We fill our ground, don''t think anyone could not expect an increase. I''m going to have a pretty steep increase, U21 to Adult.... Think i''m going to have to take over payment from my Grandad, not fair him paying for my adult season ticket really.[/quote]

Think I''ve heard it all now. You mean to say you get in for nothing?

[/quote]

I can''t believe you wrote that on here, GP. Take my advice and think before you start hammering away on the keyboard.

No wonder you get so much flak....

[/quote] Why can''t you believe I wrote that? You have no idea how it works do you? You don''t know me or my Grandad. If you did, you''d know that he''s never wanted me to pay. I bought him and me Spurs away tickets, and despite me saying many times I didn''t want him to give me any money, I had it covered, he still gave me the money for the tickets. I offered to pay for my ST when I first got a job at 16. He said no. When I first went to U21 I offered again, he said no. What exactly is wrong with a grandparent paying for their currently unemployed student Grandsons U21 season ticket? Like I said, now its going to be an adult ticket, i''m going to pay. In 3 months I won''t be a student anymore. There is a big difference. I''m quite shocked at yours and Webbo''s response to be honest. What horrible lives you must live where everyone in your families has to pay for everything themselves. You have no idea about my finances, my parents finances or my Grandad''s finances.[/quote]

I now have the ultimate dilemma. I have paid for my son''s season ticket for the past 15 years (he is now 21). He posts on here and reads what''s going on. Next year, of course, he (me?) will also be subject to the same hefty price rise for his season ticket. We are in the midst of a double-dip recession, there are austerity measures everywhere, times are hard. What should I do?

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]We fill our ground, don''t think anyone could not expect an increase. I''m going to have a pretty steep increase, U21 to Adult.... Think i''m going to have to take over payment from my Grandad, not fair him paying for my adult season ticket really.[/quote]

[/quote]

I can''t believe you wrote that on here, GP. Take my advice and think before you start hammering away on the keyboard.

No wonder you get so much flak....

[/quote] Why can''t you believe I wrote that? You have no idea how it works do you? You don''t know me or my Grandad. If you did, you''d know that he''s never wanted me to pay. I bought him and me Spurs away tickets, and despite me saying many times I didn''t want him to give me any money, I had it covered, he still gave me the money for the tickets. I offered to pay for my ST when I first got a job at 16. He said no. When I first went to U21 I offered again, he said no. What exactly is wrong with a grandparent paying for their currently unemployed student Grandsons U21 season ticket? Like I said, now its going to be an adult ticket, i''m going to pay. In 3 months I won''t be a student anymore. There is a big difference. I''m quite shocked at yours and Webbo''s response to be honest. What horrible lives you must live where everyone in your families has to pay for everything themselves. You have no idea about my finances, my parents finances or my Grandad''s finances.[/quote]

I now have the ultimate dilemma. I have paid for my son''s season ticket for the past 15 years (he is now 21). He posts on here and reads what''s going on. Next year, of course, he (me?) will also be subject to the same hefty price rise for his season ticket. We are in the midst of a double-dip recession, there are austerity measures everywhere, times are hard. What should I do?

[/quote]

Just had a thought! I could ask his Grandad.

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]I can''t believe you wrote that on here, GP. Take my advice and think before you start hammering away on the keyboard.No wonder you get so much flak....

[/quote]That can''t go on Webbo, unless you are a millionaire. He is no longer a child so needs to start making his own contributions. I don''t know yours or his financial circumstances but at the very least if he has no income and you still wish to buy it then you could treat his ticket as a birthday/Xmas present.

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]I can''t believe you wrote that on here, GP. Take my advice and think before you start hammering away on the keyboard.No wonder you get so much flak....

[/quote]

Just had a thought! I could ask his Grandad.

[/quote]Failing that you could always try GP''s grandad.Word on the street says he''s getting some money freed up soon.....[:D]

Sorry ASMS, I didn''t know thats what you mean''t by that. By I stand by what I said, there should be no problem anyone posting something like that. I am very grateful I have a Grandad who has taken me to Football for years and has paid for my season ticket of course, if it wasn''t for him i''d have only been able to go to the odd game over the years. It also wasn''t a rant. I don''t understand why whenever I post something like that everyone assumes i''m upset and angry? The only annoying thing on here is Webbo, he''s just unreal. Well I do understand why, but i''ve said many a time I don''t actually get upset by things posted on the internet. And my Goodbye thread wasn''t just about posters on here, in fact it was hardly about posters on here and more about me.

This is honestly the most hostile forum I know, I only use one other regularly, but at least when you have a quick browse on that Leeds forum, or the Ipswich one (which I don''t do very often, don''t really see the appeal) they are mostly moaning about other people, no where near as much personal snipes at each other. Although I could be wrong.

And Webbo. For a start your Son must be getting in illegally on his U21 season ticket, the clue is in the U e.g under... Like I said Webbo, you don''t know anything about me or my family. It is not your business to get involved. I once called you childish and you had a right fit about it, despite you having already personally insulted me, well you are. Seriously, just stop being such a douche.

[quote user="GMF"]SDP - there''s a little caveat regarding 2014-15 season ticket prices being frozen. It assuumes that NCFC remain in the Premier League and, secondly, it excludes Lounge ticket holders. The £1,000 plus Season Ticket is only a season or two away![/quote]

Yes, and of all McNally''s[6] underhand dealings THIS is the most despicable. Those of us (ie tax-avoiding millionaires) who took advantage of the old regime''s generosity by paying a frozen and absolute peanuts sum for a season ticket for five years in advance did so just so we could laugh at all the little people having to sell their children into slavery in order to afford the masive annual increases.

McNally''s scrapping of this wheeze was understandable but now this "promise" to hold prices steady in 2014-15 negates our self-aggrandising far-sightedness and is absolutely no fun at all.[:@][8o|][:@]

People shouldn''t take the pi55, each family is different and have different ways of "treating" each other.  I''m fortunate on the career front, got a good secure job and realistically could pay for my season ticket tomorrow without it causing me any issues, but like Gingerpele I also go to NCFC home games with my grandad and whilst I officially pay for both via Direct Debit, he always ends up giving me more than his OAP75+ season ticket cost over the season, £20 here, £20 there.  I try to say no, but he wants to do it.  He''s got the money and he wants to pay for me like he did when I was a student just about getting by 10 or so years ago.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Sorry ASMS, I didn''t know thats what you mean''t by that. By I stand by what I said, there should be no problem anyone posting something like that. I am very grateful I have a Grandad who has taken me to Football for years and has paid for my season ticket of course, if it wasn''t for him i''d have only been able to go to the odd game over the years. It also wasn''t a rant. I don''t understand why whenever I post something like that everyone assumes i''m upset and angry? The only annoying thing on here is Webbo, he''s just unreal. Well I do understand why, but i''ve said many a time I don''t actually get upset by things posted on the internet. And my Goodbye thread wasn''t just about posters on here, in fact it was hardly about posters on here and more about me. This is honestly the most hostile forum I know, I only use one other regularly, but at least when you have a quick browse on that Leeds forum, or the Ipswich one (which I don''t do very often, don''t really see the appeal) they are mostly moaning about other people, no where near as much personal snipes at each other. Although I could be wrong. And Webbo. For a start your Son must be getting in illegally on his U21 season ticket, the clue is in the U e.g under... Like I said Webbo, you don''t know anything about me or my family. It is not your business to get involved. I once called you childish and you had a right fit about it, despite you having already personally insulted me, well you are. Seriously, just stop being such a douche.[/quote]

You really are such a douche. He recently had his 21st birthday. The season ticket was bought a year ago when he was ...? I am sure you can work it out. I believe you are confusing me with someone else. Not true - I have never personally insulted you, merely given my opinion on some of your more outrageous utterances. I am delighted for you that you have a Grandad who is paying for you. As I have been rather sadly reminded recently, nothing is forever. You may wish to give some thought as to how you might finance this in the longer term.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Sorry ASMS, I didn''t know thats what you mean''t by that. By I stand by what I said, there should be no problem anyone posting something like that. [/quote]That''s OK Ginger. I enjoy reading your posts.You wear your heart on your sleeve with your opinions but that does leave you very open to '' wind up '' merchants I''m afraid.Of course there shouldn''t be an issue with anyone posting personal details on here but as I said you''ve been a target on here before so why provide any more ammunition for it to continue ?

Exactly Matt.

Sorry to get more personal, and i''m sure the likes of Webbo don''t actually care, he''s made his mind up and nothing I say will ever change that. But I actually look forward to the day when I can help out my Grandad properly, I already do bits for him here and there, but as he''s getting on there is less and less he''s able to do. I''d have quite happily paid for in full, or at least contributed to my Season ticket since I was 16, when I first got a job (well other than the paper round I had for about a year when I was 14ish). But he wouldn''t have it. What more could I really do? Send him anonymous cheques? Of course you can all think what you like, but unless you know me, you don''t know what i''m like.

I know my flaws on here, i''m well aware, but they are part of my personality, online at least. Seriously, meet me in person and i''d probably agree with everything you said, you could say you love Nazi''s and i''d probably just nod to avoid an argument. But on the internet, I can argue back, without any consequences other than a personal insulting match and annoying other people.

Webbo, I honestly don''t really care what you think about me, if i''d actually managed to stay off here then I would have probably already forgotten about you, i''m sure you''ll forget about me when one or the other of us eventually stops frequenting the forum. Could we please just both stop with the personal digs? I''m sorry for the things i''ve said today and any other day that have offended you. If you don''t like something I''ve said, could you at the most just ask for an explanation. I can deal with the odd insult or dig, but its never ending from you. Even Mungo has stopped insulting me...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="GMF"]SDP - there''s a little caveat regarding 2014-15 season ticket prices being frozen. It assuumes that NCFC remain in the Premier League and, secondly, it excludes Lounge ticket holders. The £1,000 plus Season Ticket is only a season or two away![/quote]

Yes, and of all McNally''s[6] underhand dealings THIS is the most despicable. Those of us (ie tax-avoiding millionaires) who took advantage of the old regime''s generosity by paying a frozen and absolute peanuts sum for a season ticket for five years in advance did so just so we could laugh at all the little people having to sell their children into slavery in order to afford the masive annual increases.McNally''s scrapping of this wheeze was understandable but now this "promise" to hold prices steady in 2014-15 negates our self-aggrandising far-sightedness and is absolutely no fun at all.[:@][8o|][:@]

[/quote]Help ! I''m drowning in a vale of tears [:D]

Webbo, your ''opinions'' on me and/or my opinions, are insulting. You started that post with an insult. Ok in reply to mine. And I am not sure how it works with season tickets when your age changes mid season, and my Birthday falls in the summer, so when I went from U16 to U21 or U18 which ever it was, it just happened for the next season, I assumed that if you bought a season ticket when you change age mid season you''d pay the price for the ticket you''d need. My mistake.

And I have given thought to how I will finance my season ticket, next season and in the future. I obviously don''t know exactly what will happen once i''ve finished University, but at the very least I have a strong chance of being able to go back to my previous job, but i''d rather avoid that because it''d mean 3 years and a load of debt was pointless because I could have had that job straight out of school.

If you are delighted that I have a Grandad who is paying for me, why make 3/4 little digs at me on this and other threads? If you didn''t intend them that way (which would be shocking) then i''m sorry, but we''ve had this kind of discussion before and you know very well how I feel.

Now back to my previous post, can we just leave it here please? If you disagree with my opinion, fine, but can we discuss it properly, rather than you just giving your opinion on me. Which is what you have been doing, as I have never had a discussion about football with you.

Wonder if any of the NCFC employee''s in the higher, mid and lower echelons, will be receiving a ''decent'' pay rise sometime soon? 

Until we''re certain of escaping relegation......things could be a little tense, up until May.....

I don''t mind paying top-dollar for a quality playing squad......as long as the greater percentage of dosh and resources, is channeled into the squad....and not unecessary or aesthetic requirements.....that could be put on hold.....for the forseeable future....

Mello, on that topic, surely some of the players who haven''t had a recent contract update, will be getting a new and improve contract? If only to ward of interest from other sides.

I suppose some may have clauses in their contracts for a set raise.

[quote user="Gingerpele"] And Webbo. For a start your Son must be getting in illegally on his U21 season ticket, the clue is in the U e.g under... [/quote]

I''m sure everyone under 21 had to provide proff of their DOB recently to get their Season ticket before the season....clearly not getting in illegally!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Exactly Matt. Sorry to get more personal, and i''m sure the likes of Webbo don''t actually care, he''s made his mind up and nothing I say will ever change that. But I actually look forward to the day when I can help out my Grandad properly, I already do bits for him here and there, but as he''s getting on there is less and less he''s able to do. I''d have quite happily paid for in full, or at least contributed to my Season ticket since I was 16, when I first got a job (well other than the paper round I had for about a year when I was 14ish). But he wouldn''t have it. What more could I really do? Send him anonymous cheques? Of course you can all think what you like, but unless you know me, you don''t know what i''m like. I know my flaws on here, i''m well aware, but they are part of my personality, online at least. Seriously, meet me in person and i''d probably agree with everything you said, you could say you love Nazi''s and i''d probably just nod to avoid an argument. But on the internet, I can argue back, without any consequences other than a personal insulting match and annoying other people. Webbo, I honestly don''t really care what you think about me, if i''d actually managed to stay off here then I would have probably already forgotten about you, i''m sure you''ll forget about me when one or the other of us eventually stops frequenting the forum. Could we please just both stop with the personal digs? I''m sorry for the things i''ve said today and any other day that have offended you. If you don''t like something I''ve said, could you at the most just ask for an explanation. I can deal with the odd insult or dig, but its never ending from you. Even Mungo has stopped insulting me...[/quote]

I have no axe to grind and have no animosity towards you whatsoever. I don''t post on here often but if I read something that I consider to be wrong or vehemently disagree with, I say so. Your highlighted words say a lot and is perhaps symbolic of the world we live in and younger people, in particular. I feel strongly that you must be prepared to back your opinions, especially in face to face situations. You say that you are able to do so on the internet without having to worry about the consequences. I think this is very sad and, without being patronising, I would urge you to try to develop the confidence to be able to put forward your views in "real life" circumstances. I trust you will find the position you desire when graduating. Suffice to say, most employers will be seeking confident, positive individuals with their own opinions. Hope this helps.  

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Wonder if any of the NCFC employee''s in the higher, mid and lower echelons, will be receiving a ''decent'' pay rise sometime soon? 

Until we''re certain of escaping relegation......things could be a little tense, up until May.....

I don''t mind paying top-dollar for a quality playing squad......as long as the greater percentage of dosh and resources, is channeled into the squad....and not unecessary or aesthetic requirements.....that could be put on hold.....for the forseeable future....

[/quote]

Your happy to keep paying top whack even though the club is going to, if we stay up, have enough money to become debt free, and increase the player wages and charge fans more and more...?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"] And Webbo. For a start your Son must be getting in illegally on his U21 season ticket, the clue is in the U e.g under... [/quote]

I''m sure everyone under 21 had to provide proff of their DOB recently to get their Season ticket before the season....clearly not getting in illegally!

[/quote]

Correct and correct.

Like I said Webbo, i''m happy for you to disagree with me, plenty do, i''m used to it. But With you more than any other poster I feel that you are more interested in just saying i''m wrong/stupid/got a ridiculous opinion than just disagreeing with it and giving your own. I''ve read many posts on here i''ve thought are ridiculous, and while i''m sure i''ve responded with sarcastic or aggressive tones, unless there is some previous ''issue'' i''d at the very least say why I don''t agree.

Going to one specific thread I remember, the Harry Kane one before we knew how long it''d be before he would be back. I said something you and a couple others didn''t like, but just as many people agreed with me, and instead of you saying ''Well I think we should be thinking about Kane, he could be a great addition when fit'' you just made some statement about how ridiculous my comment was, in my book thats just not right. The other two that I remember strongly disagreeing with me actually gave reasons and argued against me, you didn''t and we just had an argument about you not liking my opinion.

And the highlighted bit of that quote, while thats true some/a lot of the time, not all of the time. Does depend who i''m with. My Grandad for example, i''ll happily have a completely different opinion to him and say why. But if I were to meet you before/during/after a game, I wouldn''t know you and I wouldn''t be the same. I have some friends I can completely disagree with and talk about it, and some that i''ll just not bother arguing because I know its not worth it because of their personality, or because I don''t know them well enough.

And you say most employers, well i''ve had two interviews in my life, for jobs that is, had silly pointless ones at school for Sixth Form, when they let pretty much anyone in who went to high school there unless you failed everything, I got one job and the other one I didn''t get because they wanted permanent, and I could only do temporary (I know that for sure because I knew someone who worked there and he was fairly friendly with the manager). So without wanting to sound cocky, and I know I can''t just walk into what ever interview I have next and expect it to be a success, it hasn''t been an issue yet. Maybe I should have said in person/real life I know when to avoid arguments/confrontation/not give a real opinion.

But thank you for your opinion and advice, and I hope we never have to have any kind of ''heated'' whatever again.

I was expecting an increase, but not on the scale of 10%.

A combination of the lack of any spare capacity within the ground and the waiting list is keeping demand high, but once the waiting list has been exhausted I guess the hikes will moderate sharply.

The difference from our peers like West Brom (who actually reduced season tickets for this season), and Villa with their repeated cut-price offers, is stark.

I don''t suppose the newly unemployed staff of Comet, Jessops, HMV or Blockbusters will be clamouring for any extra season tickets.

Still, equates to a good million quid increase in revenue for the club, so a good boost to the playing budget (or just pay rises all round for the players).

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Like I said Webbo, i''m happy for you to disagree with me, plenty do, i''m used to it. But With you more than any other poster I feel that you are more interested in just saying i''m wrong/stupid/got a ridiculous opinion than just disagreeing with it and giving your own. I''ve read many posts on here i''ve thought are ridiculous, and while i''m sure i''ve responded with sarcastic or aggressive tones, unless there is some previous ''issue'' i''d at the very least say why I don''t agree. Going to one specific thread I remember, the Harry Kane one before we knew how long it''d be before he would be back. I said something you and a couple others didn''t like, but just as many people agreed with me, and instead of you saying ''Well I think we should be thinking about Kane, he could be a great addition when fit'' you just made some statement about how ridiculous my comment was, in my book thats just not right. The other two that I remember strongly disagreeing with me actually gave reasons and argued against me, you didn''t and we just had an argument about you not liking my opinion. And the highlighted bit of that quote, while thats true some/a lot of the time, not all of the time. Does depend who i''m with. My Grandad for example, i''ll happily have a completely different opinion to him and say why. But if I were to meet you before/during/after a game, I wouldn''t know you and I wouldn''t be the same. I have some friends I can completely disagree with and talk about it, and some that i''ll just not bother arguing because I know its not worth it because of their personality, or because I don''t know them well enough. And you say most employers, well i''ve had two interviews in my life, for jobs that is, had silly pointless ones at school for Sixth Form, when they let pretty much anyone in who went to high school there unless you failed everything, I got one job and the other one I didn''t get because they wanted permanent, and I could only do temporary (I know that for sure because I knew someone who worked there and he was fairly friendly with the manager). So without wanting to sound cocky, and I know I can''t just walk into what ever interview I have next and expect it to be a success, it hasn''t been an issue yet. Maybe I should have said in person/real life I know when to avoid arguments/confrontation/not give a real opinion. But thank you for your opinion and advice, and I hope we never have to have any kind of ''heated'' whatever again.[/quote]

Without wishing to dig over old ground, you judged Harry Kane on 10 minutes of football - black and white decision made. I said that it was ridiculous and stand by that. No Manager can judge a player on that length of time, I certainly can''t from a supporter''s perspective and you certainly can''t either. I don''t do "heated". I will say what I think whether I am face to face with someone or not or whether I know them or not. It has not always proved to be the best policy but, more often than not, it is. I am sure that if you can transfer the spiel on here into face to face situations, you should be okay.

Norfolk''n Good, perhaps you should go back and have a look, didn''t want this to be about me... I made one post on the topic and thought that was that.

I do not want your or anyone else''s attention on here, I want to read peoples opinions on and discuss Norwich/football in general. If I want attention i''d phone my Mum.

Another above increase in ticket prices from the uncaring modern day rulers of our football club!!

Take take take, already the working class has been more or less priced out, you might still find the cash but can you really aford it ?

It doesn''t have to be like this, the players are paid vastly inflated wages, the clubs get massive revenue from the TV deals etc, but Joe Public is still fleeced.

Its time the fans had a real voice again and I don''t mean the now pathetic noise which comes down from the stands!  Say No more its not hard and walk away, go and play the game or watch local football. go and spend time with your kids any thing but don''t be taken for a fool any more, its not real value, you are getting ripped off. 

I''m sick of reading about players contracts and sick of seeing nacy boys falling down , im sick of all the match day control, its takes a lot to walk away, in my case 1,000 odd games, as a fan and player, if you really love football then save it.

My new price of £579.50p at the first deadline shows an increase of exactly £2.50p per game which if mirrored for 22,000 STs over a season brings in an increase of over £1,000,000 from this season. I accept that those under 21 may not have such a large increase but people in the posh seats like Mello balance it out.That is a very sizeable increase in income Mr McNally whatever spin you put on it.

Oh well Mr Mcnally, you''ve priced me out of the ground i''ve been going to since 1972, been to wembley 3 times, covered europe in the nineties, It''s a pity you don''t spend some of the clubs money on buying two decent strikers & let the three others go ie Morison, Jackson & Martin, we might then have a better chance of staying in the prem & having a wedge of the new TV money, but you won''t lose any sleep over me not renewing, there''s plenty new kids on the block who think NCFC have always been winners! not many of them will remember Bradford knocking us out of the FA cup at home, the turmoil of having, Deeham, Hamilton & Megson as managers, plus all the years of 12,000 - 13,000 regulars at home & taken 200 to away games! none of that will mean nothing to you. I wish i knew how twitter works i would send you this as a tweet, perhaps someone else can, who knows? Be with you till the end of the season, then it''s having Radio Norfolk on or going out with the wife, i''am sure she could find something to buy with £518.00

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Your happy to keep paying top whack even though the club is going to, if we stay up, have enough money to become debt free, and increase the player wages and charge fans more and more...?

[/quote]

Fug me.....a talking banana!

So why do NCFC give Aviva employees free seats they can''t sell most Saturdays when they are not sold in the box office if so over subscribed? Think I may also ask for the discount back that I opted out of when we went to league 1 to be deducted from my season ticket price next year, is that not a cooperative way? Loyal support loyal rewards just rewards?