Sign in to follow this  
Mungo Bumpkin

H.O.W.S.O.N.

I think the system doesn''t quite suit him sadly, he''s certainly no Hoolahan

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]We were doomed from the moment that name appeared on the teamsheet. Playing Howson = weakness = defeat. Have we ever got a win with him in the team?[/quote]

To be fair, I''vr struggled to see what the hype is about Howson.  Maybe we haven''t really played to his strengths very often, but I don''t see why so many rant and rave about him.  I don''t think he''s a bad player, but nor as good as some on here make out...

But this is meant to be his best position.

Have to agree with the trolling bumpkin on this one.

[quote user="jed exodous"]

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]We were doomed from the moment that name appeared on the teamsheet. Playing Howson = weakness = defeat. Have we ever got a win with him in the team?[/quote]

To be fair, I''vr struggled to see what the hype is about Howson.  Maybe we haven''t really played to his strengths very often, but I don''t see why so many rant and rave about him.  I don''t think he''s a bad player, but nor as good as some on here make out...

[/quote]

Just what are these ''strengths'' of his?

OTBC

Didn''t know it was Howson''s job to stop that shot from Henderson... Know when and who to blame you blithering idiots.

I wasn''t surprised that Lambert stuck with him, Howson was his pet. But I simply can''t see what Hughton sees in him. Perhaps he looks great at Colney. He is a country mile away from Premiership standard.

i dont doubt he is a good player but he has his limit.. sadly the Premiership is a brdige to far for him...

time to say goodbye Johnny.

Now Johnson?!?! Jesus shitting christ! He was the rock of our mid when we were foing well! Fuck all of you!

[quote user="alartz"]Our centre midfield is poor. Tettey is the new Jason Jarrett for me. Johnson just ain''t good enough.[/quote]

could you explain this? am just curious

He had some very good games last season so he is capable when he puts his mind to it. However, this season he looks like he is going through the motions.

I went today. He was very light weight has been all season when he has had a the little game time he has had.

The only time he has played well was when he came on v man city. Last season looked a top player.

A lot were saying at the start of the season he was going to be a top player for us.

Maybe he needs a run of games a bit like Jackson. But then you can argue if you get that chance you take it and stay in the team.

"You were there today were you? Clueless t**t. Howson was one of the ones who stuck at it. MO he offer smore than Hoolahan who gets more one-footed with every game.Johnny H''s mum - you need to take feedback less personally lol

["Sons of Boadicea"]Lets play "Scapegoat Lottery", the first name out tonight is..... All you whingers and whiners need to man up and grow a pair, if you are lady whinger and whiner then lady up and grab a pair......

Your mum asked Colchester, London and St.Albans. Shame she isn''t our CEO; she old sack Hughton.

Said it before and will say it again, we win as a team, we lose as a team, singling somebody out is pointless. I will never understand the need to single one player out. I absolutely love NCFC, and hate us losing, that said I do not wet my knickers if we lose, it is but a small thing in the grand scheme of things. I have also said this before, and I will say it again, we are but small bubbles of anal wind winking and blinking in the bathtub of life.....

Because away at Liverpool is the perfect opportunity for an attacking midfielder to walk into the team and shine.

Don''t get me wrong, I thought Howson was going to be a top player for us this season and he has not lived up to that, but he needs a run of games and I agree with others I''m not sure this system suits him.

This whole take your chance rhetoric, so often spouted on here, is great, but its hard to come into a team that''s been under-performing in any Premier League game and shine, let alone away to Liverpool. They may not be the force they once were, but they have players far in excess of the quality of ours.