Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Where was the support tonight then?

Grant Holt''s 3 year contract stated:

]Where were all the support for Hughton?

Where was all the support for the team?

Absolutely pathetic support. Villa fans completely outsang us.

On to Wigan [Y]

OTBC

--------------------------------------------------------

I agree - next time the Barclay can be used for the away support.

I only heard it on the radio and it did sound one sided, in fact Villa support was reminiscent of the chanting you would hear in the early 90''s at Carrow road - Love that kind of support.

Were you both at the match?

It''s hard to assess via the radio.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]I only heard it on the radio and it did sound one sided, in fact Villa support was reminiscent of the chanting you would hear in the early 90''s at Carrow road - Love that kind of support. Were you both at the match? It''s hard to assess via the radio.[/quote]

Yes, I was at the game and I thought our support tonight was very poor.

Totally agree that tonight''s support was not what the team needed.

The bloke sat behind me had absolutely nothing positive to say from kick off to final whistle. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but I thought the whole idea of being at a game was to SUPPORT your team.

The rare moments the crowd did get behind the team it seemed to give them a lift, at 1-1 we should have been drowning the Villa fans out.

Really wasn''t too much to shout about was there? If the team get going, the crowd responds, and tonight the team didn''t get going, Villa completely bossed the game, and in return their supporters the stands.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Really wasn''t too much to shout about was there? If the team get going, the crowd responds, and tonight the team didn''t get going, Villa completely bossed the game, and in return their supporters the stands.[/quote]Normally I''d agree but the support was non existent all night tonight.

From listening on the radio i found it odd that they were expecting a reaction to Lambert walking out to take his place in the dugouts and there was nothing.

Anyone at the game put their finger on why the atmosphere wasn''t there? Was it too cold? Was it the wait to get in?

Was there alot of families there that don''t necessarily know the chants?

I can''t believe we fell short in such an anticipated match... Cup or no cup!

Hate to say it, but the lack of support has been a feature of the season, even at away games.

Tried to get things going right up to the point the third went in. Kinda gave up around then. Lots of unfamiliar faces but also quite a few familiar ones. Sounded quite noisy where I was ... but then it wasnt as noisy as it should have been.

I thought our support was pretty good up until Villa''s equaliser and I just think the speed of it - following on from us taking the lead and giving it large to the Villa fans, only for them to turn it back at us after about 60 seconds - knocked the wind out of our sails

Well I agree but it''s a little bit like moaning about ourselves isn''t it? Perhaps the problem was there were too many of Mungo''s plastics in the ground[:O] What really peed me off was the mass exodus before the end. I couldn''t see the added on time even though it was all about Villa. I can seriously see me getting wrong in my new place with the blanket dodgers....

Atmosphere was terrible. Barcley were silent. Villa outsang us. Half the stadium was empty by 80 mins.What % of fans tonight were season ticket holders ? Felt like a lot of plastics in by the silence and time to door ratio.That said the team did not give us much to cheer.

jeez - does anyone seriously think the perceived lack of support is why we lost. We had half a team of outfield first teamers not playing, whittaker, garrido, turner, hoolihan and tettey. That is why we lost. Plain and simple. think a lot of Barclay and snake pit folks somehow think their support is so cruicial - from where i sit its pretty much the same from game to game and its not all that whether we win, lose or draw

[quote user="whistleblower"]jeez - does anyone seriously think the perceived lack of support is why we lost. We had half a team of outfield first teamers not playing, whittaker, garrido, turner, hoolihan and tettey. That is why we lost. Plain and simple. think a lot of Barclay and snake pit folks somehow think their support is so cruicial - from where i sit its pretty much the same from game to game and its not all that whether we win, lose or draw[/quote]

Can''t believe I bothered to go back through the thread to see if anyone had said that.....

But they hadn''t!

You bluddy refs are all as bad as eachother....

[;)]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Atmosphere was terrible. Barcley were silent. Villa outsang us. Half the stadium was empty by 80 mins.What % of fans tonight were season ticket holders ? Felt like a lot of plastics in by the silence and time to door ratio.That said the team did not give us much to cheer.[/quote]I''m sorry but how can anyone be a Plastic fan supporting Norwich??

The 2 guys behind me were from doncaster and working down here....they got tickets and fairpay to them they cheerd and sang for the yellas! unlike the rest of the stand ......i recognised 5 people from the usual sat home crowd [:(]

Well I was cheering the team on all match, and sang my heart out for the lads.  I knew I was really getting into it because my neighbour banged on the wall.

Our support is often poor. There''s a few of us at the back of the Barclay and in the Snake Pit who start songs but generally people don''t join in elsewhere.Last night wasn''t helped because it was so cold which meant that most fans had to wear gloves so the clapping wasn''t so loud. As we know, most Norwich fans only tend to get involved in songs if they can clap at the speed of sound without any rhythm.

It is a bit odd really.A full house in a big Cup game against a recently departed manager''s new team ought to generate a bit more excitement. Freezing temperatures don''t help but if ever there was a good time to crank up the atmosphere this was it.Despite having a ticket I couldn''t get there last night. Presumably we didn''t we pay any attention to Lambert either ?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]It is a bit odd really.A full house in a big Cup game against a recently departed manager''s new team ought to generate a bit more excitement. Freezing temperatures don''t help but if ever there was a good time to crank up the atmosphere this was it.Despite having a ticket I couldn''t get there last night. Presumably we didn''t we pay any attention to Lambert either ?[/quote]Only attention that was paid to L*mbert was slight booing when Villa fans sang about him.

Despite my thread saying I was ill and wasn''t going to go I managed to drag myself down and sat in the upper N&P. The guy next to me would sing one line of every chant before filtering out. Everyone else was fairly old so I''ll let them off.

Yeah the Villa fans were noisier, but away fans always sing louder to be honest. That coupled with the fact anything we might have gotten from the game was taken away in the 19th/20th minute.

Still, the chat I had with the gentleman in front of me cheered me up. Was his 66th season, and he put our loss into perspective.

It was a really strange atmosphere. Several players looked concerned about picking up knocks (Bradley Johnson pulled out of a 50/50 at one point!) and the bulk of the crowd seemed to have turned up expecting a foregone conclusion and didn''t know what to do when it failed to materialise.

The Villa fans were impressive, but what disappointed me was the lack of support for Hughton. Clearly there are still a number of Lambert devotees who can''t bring themselves to fully embrace the man who''s taken us on our best ever Premier League run.

As for the result, going out of a devalued cup and losing the chance to play in a second rate European competition isn''t something I''ll lose sleep over.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

It was a really strange atmosphere. Several players looked concerned about picking up knocks (Bradley Johnson pulled out of a 50/50 at one point!) and the bulk of the crowd seemed to have turned up expecting a foregone conclusion and didn''t know what to do when it failed to materialise.

The Villa fans were impressive, but what disappointed me was the lack of support for Hughton. Clearly there are still a number of Lambert devotees who can''t bring themselves to fully embrace the man who''s taken us on our best ever Premier League run.

As for the result, going out of a devalued cup and losing the chance to play in a second rate European competition isn''t something I''ll lose sleep over.

[/quote]

Don''t know about any Lambert love-in but the four lads next to me who obviously weren''t regulars spent most of their  time calling Lambert a c**t and encouraging our players to break the legs of Villa players.  Despite me joining in with any discernible song/chant that drifted my way they didn''t seem interested in giving sustained support to the team.