Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Where was the support tonight then?

[quote user="canarygirl"]The singing by the Aston Villa fans was very very good, there were a lot of them and they really kept it going, lots of scarf waving as well, Their singing was far far better than ours but part of that was because there were so many of them, all concentrated in one area, ......[/quote]

They hardly made a noise at Villa Park last season.  Weird!

[quote user="Mike hunt"]All season the lower Barclay has been quiet. Years ago it used to bounce but not anymore. In fact the only area of the ground where there is consistent vocal support is the snakepit it would be a morgue without those guys. There just seems a nervous atmosphere about the Carra this year.[/quote]

I agree about the Barclay.

However the Snakepit was quiet on Tuesday evening.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]There is nothing more annoying than people moving around without good reason, blocking the view for others, having to stand up for people who''s only reason to move is to get out before the end.  I get cross with people who cause the whole row in front of me to stand up to let someone out - especially if it is to get food/drink or to leave early.   Its not the food or leaving early that is annoying - it is the inconvenience you are causing other paying fans.[/quote]

It was particularly bad in K block of the Jarrold stand with people arriving late in the stand, i.e., between kick off and five past eight.

Then at twenty five past eight we had a group trying to sit in the seats they claimed they had tickets for but another group had been relocated to these seats earlier (allegedly from a lower row) ! 

[/quote]Should''ve moved when you had the chance Tangy [:D]  ( unless being up close and personal is your kinda thing )

[quote user="ncfcstar"]If you want the join in with the singing etc then unfortunately you will have to move your seat, it''s the way it is at football grounds across the country.  Find me a club where all 4 stands sing together and I''ll hold my hands up but I doubt you will, the only time it''ll happen is during important matches for small parts of the game.What annoys me more is that the Barclay/Snakepit boys are so adamant that they make a lot of noise and sing through the games - when it''s quite blatantly obvious to the rest of the stadium that this is not true.  Personally I''m not one of the loudest fans at all, I''m more into watching the game and how the tactics are working - call me sad but that''s what I enjoy.  At away games I''ll join in because of the mentality of being an ''away fan''.That being said, after the atmosphere has been talked up so much of here/Twitter etc it was very disappointing on Tues.[/quote]That post sums up Tuesday night and our support base for me. Great post. I think the second paragraph is particuarly true. Away games are all about the atmosphere for me and the "pack mentality" of a group of away fans all travelling to one game.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]

What annoys me more is that the Barclay/Snakepit boys are so adamant that they make a lot of noise and sing through the games - when it''s quite blatantly obvious to the rest of the stadium that this is not true.  Personally I''m not one of the loudest fans at all, I''m more into watching the game and how the tactics are working - call me sad but that''s what I enjoy.  At away games I''ll join in because of the mentality of being an ''away fan''.
[/quote]

Well said.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]

What annoys me more is that the Barclay/Snakepit boys are so adamant that they make a lot of noise and sing through the games - when it''s quite blatantly obvious to the rest of the stadium that this is not true.  Personally I''m not one of the loudest fans at all, I''m more into watching the game and how the tactics are working - call me sad but that''s what I enjoy.  At away games I''ll join in because of the mentality of being an ''away fan''.[/quote]

Well said.

[/quote]I can assure you there was noise coming from the snakepit right through the game up until Villa scored their 3rd goal, I agree it wasn''t as loud as normal but there were a hell of a lot of different faces in there and most of them weren''t singing.I used to be a Barclay Boy but stopped going in there since more and more fans go in there "For the atmosphere" but not wanting to actually join in to help create the atmosphere, there are probably more that now fall into that catagory than there are singers.