Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Villa after Morison?! Whatever next?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-paul-1504342

Oh go on then Paul, we''ll let you have him if you must. Without wishing to be harsh on the guy, nothing malice but, I just don''t believe he is Premier quality.

If there is any truth in this whatsoever, then surely we would be snapping their hand off?

I had heard this from various sources, but didn''t think this twoddle would ever make it to print.

How wrong I was! And the article itself was crap and misinformed- lazy. Obviously a bad attempt at stirring things up.

Doubt there is anything to this. Then again, I''ve been wrong before.

Yep, I''ll happily drive him there also! In fact, I''ll get the car started now!

I''ll also be happy to be ripped off in a service station by buying him a massively overpriced full English!

I liked the bit....

We''re using the cash, to buy a forward abroad. Guess the media hasn''t hacked anyone''s phone yet, to find out who... ;)

If we get most of our money back then we will have done well out of Morison, taking into account the valuable goals he scored last season.

Time for him (and us) to move on.

I fail to understand Lambo''s faith in this player and quite frankly forsee him making no particular impact at Villa Park. Although Lambert''s magic, severely brought into doubt last night, has been known to work with such players in the past.

Paul Lambert is willing to risk the wrath of old club Norwich again with a move for Steve Morison.

Boss Lambert walked out of Carrow Road for Aston Villa in the summer and the clubs are still yet to agree compensation.

Now Lambert is eying a move for City striker Morison, 29, to provide back-up for targetman Christian Benteke.

Lambert rates Morison after bringing him into the top-flight in June 2011 in a £2.8million deal from Millwall.

He scored 10 goals to help the Canaries stay in the Premier League last season.

But Welsh international Morison has only started three League games under Lambert''s successor Chris Hughton.

And Villa would be able to offer Morison a hefty pay-rise on his existing contract.

If Morison demands to quit, Hughton will use the cash to raid the European market for a new forward.

Lambert has already returned to Norwich to knock City out of the League Cup to reach the semi-finals.

The fiery Scot also claimed in October he had not spoken to Norwich chairman Alan Bowkett for two years.

Thats fine he can have our lesser players aslong as he pays us their market value. Sods law he''l score against us on 4th May

some say Moro isnt prem class... if he moves to Villa he might be able to prove how good a championship striker he is next season...

If true. It''s the best news since promotion to the premier league.

He can take a few more if he likes after all there''s a couple of seats left in that taxi. Chris Martin, Simon lappin anyone

I''m going to be controversial here and say he will be a good signing for them. Lambert got the best out of him at the start of last season. He just can''t play up front by himself, he definitely needs a partner up front with him. Just look at the amount of chances he had against Villa. That doesn''t mean I don''t want to sell him, if we get £1.5-2+ million then definitely sell him and bring in Jelle Vossen/Guidetti. Sell Martin, Ward and Lappin to boot.

Lambo will risk the wrath of our fans if he doesn''t take him. I''d give him away just to save the wages. Nothing against him -he''s just not the right player for us.

Darren Bent or Steve Morison playing up front ? If i was a Villa fan i would be very worried about this gossip. Something tells me we have a very long thread developing here which will run and run and run.

Interesting tweet from @jamesnursey copied below

@SbridgeVillain yeah, told potential Morison to #AVFC deal could get messy. He''d provide cover for Benteke & be useful in new formation

well we already need another striker - so if we cash in we will have to buy - so fingers crossed the club have a player lined up :-) 

It might be the right time for Morison to move on anyway. Clearly nothing he could do now would satisfy some fans that he''s worth a place in the squad. a fresh start somewhere else may be good for him and release a space for us to get someone new in - hopefully an upgrade!!. If he went to Villa I hope there would be a clause to prevent him playing against us for the rest of this season - it probably irrational but its just typical if he suddenly had a brilliant game against us a scored.Good luck to him if he goes.If he stays - even better luck to him.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Darren Bent or Steve Morison playing up front ? If i was a Villa fan i would be very worried about this gossip. Something tells me we have a very long thread developing here which will run and run and run.

[/quote]

Somewhere in your statement, Mr. Tilson, there is an oxymoron.

James Nursey has his finger on the pulse of things villa there will be a large element of truth about this story. I would not object to him going if we get our money back

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Somewhere in your statement, Mr. Tilson, there is an oxymoron.

[/quote][:D] Post of the day! [:D]

[quote user="Grant Holts Cod piece"]James Nursey has his finger on the pulse of things villa there will be a large element of truth about this story. I would not object to him going if we get our money back[/quote]

more importantly get a quality replacement.

Following the moves to loan him out pre-season his departure is inevitable - but we have to get a new option in;  Kane and Jackson will not be enough.