Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Did Butterfield make a good impression on loan??

Not even a Thank You!!!Taken from the Bolton official Twitter account."Jacob Butterfield has returned to parent club Norwich City after his loan deal expired. He made eight apps during his time with us. #BWFC"I hope he has at least tapped up Chris Eagles who I would love to see in a City shirt!!

Didn''t seem to make a massive impact! I thought it was rumoured he was off back out on loan somewhere?

[quote user="AJ"]Didn''t seem to make a massive impact! I thought it was rumoured he was off back out on loan somewhere?[/quote]Crystal Palace I believe...

Rather have Lee Chung Yong. Don''t think DF used him enough at Bolton and some of their fans have said as much. Too much rotation. If he goes to Palace he''ll be used more by Holloway I reckon. Not sure what''s happening though as he may be playing in the Cup..

Maybe bought in to play in the cup, see how he gets on in that and training and if Hughts thinks he isn''t quite up to it at the moment, get him back out on loan and bring him back for pre season and get him back into the fold.

Looked a this mentions shortly after he tweeted abut coming back here.

Lots of comments from Bolton fans saying they''d love to see him back on a permanent, and thanking him for his contributions.

I do believe that Hughton and B''Field both quashed the palace rumours yesterday. But I may be wrong.

Mungo really is riled up today isn''t he.

I really don''t know what the problem is with banning trolls or IP banning.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]I''d love him to move to Bolton on a permanent and would willingly drive him to the Reebok[/quote]

Id happily drive you back to ip5w1ch, well i say drive i would prefer to air drop you without the parachute!!!

[quote user="thebigdub"][quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]I''d love him to move to Bolton on a permanent and would willingly drive him to the Reebok[/quote]

Id happily drive you back to ip5w1ch, well i say drive i would prefer to air drop you without the parachute!!![/quote]I was going to comment on this buffoon, however I now think it would be more prudent for us all to ignore him and allow him to crawl back under whatever rock it is he came from and stay there.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]I''d love him to move to Bolton on a permanent and would willingly drive him to the Reebok[/quote]

Why don''t you try giving it a rest? Idiot!

He didn''t set the world alight, it seems. There didn''t seem any great wish to prolong the loan, or did we tell them privately that we wanted him?

I don''t think the club are going to write him off quite as easily as some on here have.

Which is just as well as I think he does have a future with us. He clearly needs a run of games now-despite what some may think, you can''t just "run off" a torn anterior cruciate ligament injury over a few games or in training-its one that used to mean the end of players careers, and recently, so its hardly a little knock, the return to full fitness has to take time and as long as it needs to take as another hit there probably would be curtains if it happened before the player had fully recovered.

Add the fact that he couldn''t play a full part in pre-season: ask any Manager or player how missing pre-season affects their fitness going into the season itself, most will say you''re forever playing catch-up as the training regime once it starts is all about keeping levels topped up, so its not easy for an injured player to join in with the regular squad at that time as that sort of regime is not going to do him any favours-he then has  to have a bespoke training pattern set up, spends a lot of time training on his own and therefore misses out on a lot of the other work the squad are doing-especially the tactical stuff. By then, routines and patterns of play are settled, so is a preferred team and its suddenly very difficult for the player in question, Butterfield in this case, to find a way back in. At Bolton, JB will have eased himself into their training routine, upped his physical fitness and got used to the routine of playing and being involved in games again, I have little doubt that, when they came in for him, the routine he would have was discussed beforehand between us and them and it is almost certain that they paid no part of his wages whilst he was with them for that reason; each club was doing the other a favour, honours even. Bolton are a one time Prem club with fantastic training and medical facilities, a natural choice for him to go there and be monitored, properly.

The next step will be for him to step up and start playing games regularly, get some intensity back into his playing life and see how he stands up to that. We have Eddie Presland as our main coub Scout for London and the SE, he used to play for Palace so the link is there; just as Asa Hartford is in the NW and, surprise surprise, he had a couple of seasons at Bolton as a player in the late 80''s and retained his links with the club-any surprise, therefore, we were able to get JB a spell there? Its all about clubs and ex-players working together to help get someones career back on the road-they don''t do it selflessly, Bolton and, we assume, if it happens, Palace, will want a player who they feel can contribute to their season-and clearly they do-whilst we want him to be somewhere we can know he''s being looked after and with our own people well in at those clubs, as, indeed, we have.

If it takes all of this effort and all of this season to get Jacob Butterfield into the mental and physical state required for him to be a regular and valuable first team player at Norwich then it will be worth it, because his current quality and ability as a player cannot be questioned, nor can his ability-and far, far better judges of a player than me or most people on here have cited what he has and what he can do-and you have to believe they know what they are talking about! For that reason, I''m seeing Butterfield as a worthy investment and a worthy slowburner, I think he''ll be a hit here ultimately-if it turns out he isn''t, it certainly won''t be for lack of trying on everyones parts-I hope he is able to respond and am sure he will.

Old Shucks''s thorough and informative posting makes sense, but it does beg the question as to why Lambert bought him in the first place, considering the injury.

Can''t remember his cost, but he didn''t come cheap.

Now that the investment has been made we have to persevere and assume he will live upto the hype. I believe he will turn out to be a good signing but the gap between us spending the money and him making a contribution to our team is getting a bit frustrating to say the least.

If you think about it though, most of Lambert''s signings were injured and cut-priced deals;

Stefanovich, Howson, Ayala to name a few

[quote user="AJ"]If you think about it though, most of Lambert''s signings were injured and cut-priced deals; Stefanovich, Howson, Ayala to name a few[/quote]

Vaughan is the prime example,

Was PL mugged? Was PL not quite the magician of the market he is held up to be? On the other hand his dealings overall (bar Holt) did elevate us to our present level and such achievements don''t come without  pitfalls and the cost of some of his flops is far outweighed by the income our current status accrues. 

To be fair to him and his management team though, considering the tiny budget they must have been working with at times they bought in some fantastic players who were playing well below what they were capable of, and still have time to develop and improve into something even better. We have a very exciting squad now

Stefanovic????? He was a Roeder signing!!!

I can''t believe people are writing Butterfield off, he''s played two games which the majority of us didn''t even see. Give the bloke a bloody chance.

Nobody is writing him off. I personally think he will come good.

The bone of contention is that a lot of well-needed money was paid out for a player who will not likely show that he can make a significant contribution to the team for a whole year after he was signed.

Ditto Vaughan.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Or you could just move him on and get in someone who is the finished article....[/quote]And how much would said finished article cost? I''d have thought it would be a good thing to have one eye on the future, and developing players for cheaper than a headline grabbing transfer fee.I guess that''s not the Suffolk way though. Much better to loan in ''finished articles'' on big wages and no passion.How''s that approach going for you by the way?

An absolute blinding post shuck, he is an amazing talent with a very bright future. We just need to stick with him, get him back on track and reap the rewards.

He in my opinion was the only Norwich player who didn''t impress me today!

He was slow, looking he lacks match pratcise and bringing him on for Snodgrass effectively ended us an attacking force!

Much work is needed before Butterfield becomes a useful asset to us. A loan spell where he gets games is required even if its at League1 level!

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Old Shucks''s thorough and informative posting makes sense, but it does beg the question as to why Lambert bought him in the first place, considering the injury.

Can''t remember his cost, but he didn''t come cheap.

Now that the investment has been made we have to persevere and assume he will live upto the hype. I believe he will turn out to be a good signing but the gap between us spending the money and him making a contribution to our team is getting a bit frustrating to say the least.

[/quote]

Interesting point except that he was isgned after Lambert left.

Fee was agreed at about £1mill at door of Tribunal. Not a fortune in this day and age.

Butterfield clearly is a man for the future who needs time to develop and recover from his injury.

Send him out on loan for the rest of this season to a Championship club and let him get serious game time! He has the potential, just needs to find his feet again after the injury

Seen him for the third time today. No change of opinion. Weak, ineffective. There''s a good reason Bolton didn''t extend the loan. Hopefully he''ll be shipped out before the end of the month and replaced by someone who can do the job.