Sign in to follow this  
whistleblower

People who stood in Norwich seats at Peterborough

If anyone on this forum stood in the Norwich seats (other than because someone obscured your view) - I would like to understand why you did that. You had an opportunity to stand on the terracing - why ruin the view of others who want, and in some cases need to sit, to watch the match?

Maybe those who wanted to stand had no choice in buying seats if all the terrace tickets had been sold.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Maybe those who wanted to stand had no choice in buying seats if all the terrace tickets had been sold.[/quote]

they had a choice.....buy a seat ticket and sit or stay at home

I''d also like to hear why people chose to stand in the seating area? I took my 9 year old son and he couldn''t see a thing, very frustrating. As for the pathetic chorus of ''we''re Norwich city, we''ll stand if we want!'' I fear we have had too long watching ''big clubs'' so called fans and felt superior yesterday thus felt the need to act tough!

Please don''t say it makes for a better atmosphere because the idiots around us that chose to stand up didn''t actually sing at all

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Maybe those who wanted to stand had no choice in buying seats if all the terrace tickets had been sold.[/quote]The seats sold out very much quicker than terrace tickets Tilly so there really isn''t any excuse for anyone to have stood in the seated area yesterday.To be fair to Posh their stewards tried to get people to sit but gave up eventually. Perhaps if they''d ejected a couple the others would have got the message and sat down.

Quit agree. It was ridiculous. I told the stewards we would only sit if they got those around us to sit because I wanted to watch the game.

As it was, my partner missed the first two goals because of the drunken idiots around us.

I had a seat yesterday but had to stand because everybody else in front was standing so therefore obstructed my view.Poor old boy like me at 61 on his feet for 90 minutes should not have to be.[;)] Had everybody been told to sit down by a group of stewards rather than one on his own who was obviously fighting a losing battle i am sure the situation would have been resolved.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I had a seat yesterday but had to stand because everybody else in front was standing so therefore obstructed my view.Poor old boy like me at 61 on his feet for 90 minutes should not have to be.[;)] Had everybody been told to sit down by a group of stewards rather than one on his own who was obviously fighting a losing battle i am sure the situation would have been resolved.[/quote]What with that and your relaxing ride in '' cattle class '' on the train Tilly, I''m surprised you didn''t have to spend the night on a drip in Peterborough A & E.I expect you managed to hitch a ride on someone''s shoulders in the Drapers Arms to take the weight off your plates and save the day. [:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I had a seat yesterday but had to stand because everybody else in front was standing so therefore obstructed my view.Poor old boy like me at 61 on his feet for 90 minutes should not have to be.[;)] Had everybody been told to sit down by a group of stewards rather than one on his own who was obviously fighting a losing battle i am sure the situation would have been resolved.[/quote]

Were there no young mothers with pushchairs at the front offering you their seat Tilly[:^)]

This one baffles me. Why would folk choose seats and then stand????

The seats must have sold out incredibly quickly as I went in the lunchtime of the day the tickets went on sale to buy three tickets and all the seats had gone already, implying that the people who bought the seats must have wanted them over the terracing.  Even more bizarre is that the seating was actually more expensive so I''m not quite sure what mentality that demonstrates.Sit down, shut up [;)]

There was no singing coming from the seats so its not like they were working themselves up into a frenzy and adding to the atmosphere it was pathetic, they just chose to buy seats over terracing and then stand , you can blame stewards  why should they care about people they will never see again ? the real reason it was ruined for some people was some of  there fellow supporters chose to ruin it for them nothing else  OTBC

Stewards probably should have tried getting people to sit down before the 50th minute. Horse at that point had already bolted and I''m not going to sit down if the 20 rows infront of me are standing. I do however get peoples point.

i also thought singing stuff like "thats why your going down" to a team a league below us who do well to punch above there weight and whos fans never gave us any grief as we took over there town lacked a bit of class...

Spartacus - is quite right. The only people to blame are our fellow fans and frankly imho anyone who chose to buy a seat and then stood in that seat (voluntarily) when they could have stood on the terracing is clearly some sort of retard!

I was one of those standing I am over 6 foot tall and it was physically impossible for me to sit down due to the leg room. Least amount of leg room ever in an away ground

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Somebody will sue one of these day - people learn through their wallets..

I''d be tempted.

OTBC

[/quote]

Genuine question......on what grounds would you sue and who exactly unless you knew all their names and addresses ?

[quote user="Grant Holts Cod piece"]I was one of those standing I am over 6 foot tall and it was physically impossible for me to sit down due to the leg room. Least amount of leg room ever in an away ground[/quote]

total rubbish - i am 6'' 3 and yes it was a squeeze and not comfortable but stopping kids and elderly folk being able to see the game is just selfish

[quote user="whistleblower"][quote user="Grant Holts Cod piece"]I was one of those standing I am over 6 foot tall and it was physically impossible for me to sit down due to the leg room. Least amount of leg room ever in an away ground[/quote] total rubbish - i am 6'' 3 and yes it was a squeeze and not comfortable but stopping kids and elderly folk being able to see the game is just selfish[/quote]

I bought three seats specifically because I was more than happy to sit down. I did not, however, buy my seat so I could spend 90 minutes looking at the arse of the person in front of me. The stewards made no attempt to get people to sit down until the second half started. They then did it in the most illogical way, i.e. by starting at the back. I suggested to one of them that they may get more success by starting at the front and working backwards but this idea seemed to be way above their heads. Just ask yourself, you are asked to sit down whilst everyone else in the 20 rows in front of you is standing up. What do you do? The answer to the problem was surely to start at the front and go from there. Rocket science it most certainly wasn''t.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="TIL 1010"]Maybe those who wanted to stand had no choice in buying seats if all the terrace tickets had been sold.[/quote]

The seats sold out very much quicker than terrace tickets Tilly so there really isn''t any excuse for anyone to have stood in the seated area yesterday.

To be fair to Posh their stewards tried to get people to sit but gave up eventually. Perhaps if they''d ejected a couple the others would have got the message and sat down.
[/quote]

So you get ejected because you want to watch the game rather than look at someone''s backside for an hour and a half. The tone is set by the front rows. If they stand, everyone else is obliged to. Get them to sit down and you are already half way there.

The fact of the matter is that, sitting or standing, a lot of these buffoons had patently never been to a game before. Many round me (right hand side of the terrace) had no idea who our players were and littleinterest in the game. A bunch of drunken wurzells on a jolly. All a bit pathetic and all the more galling for the many genuinefa s who didn''t get tickets. Also interesting that a flare got let off just before the end.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

The fact of the matter is that, sitting or standing, a lot of these buffoons had patently never been to a game before. Many round me (right hand side of the terrace) had no idea who our players were and littleinterest in the game. A bunch of drunken wurzells on a jolly. All a bit pathetic and all the more galling for the many genuinefa s who didn''t get tickets. Also interesting that a flare got let off just before the end.

[/quote]

About as interesting as you. Idiot !

[quote user="snakepit ric"]People could ask people around or in front of them to sit down. Or speak to stewards at the match instead of on here after the event ?![/quote]

Just ask yourself. You are sitting in row 20 and you ask the people in front of you (row 19) to sit down. The people in rows 1 to 18 are all standing up. How do you think the people in row 19 will respond to your request?

I blame lord justice Taylor. I don''t remember any problems when fans were allowed to stand. Ignorant decision to ruin it it for many fans for many years, not just the odd away game.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="snakepit ric"]People could ask people around or in front of them to sit down. Or speak to stewards at the match instead of on here after the event ?![/quote]

Just ask yourself. You are sitting in row 20 and you ask the people in front of you (row 19) to sit down. The people in rows 1 to 18 are all standing up. How do you think the people in row 19 will respond to your request?

[/quote]

You tell me you were the one who couldn''t see they may of passed the message down if you mentioned your kid couldn''t see. . You may of got a decent response off them. If not like I said get the stewards involved as it was so called seating section.

Unfortunately any ground you now go to you will have the same situation. Snakepit is standing most games now but I quiet enjoy it as do the people around me.

Ask people near you to sit down? Tried that at Aston Villa. Ticket in the second row top tier(don''t bother to try when we''re near the back). Was met with the usual abuse, if you don''t stand you''re not a proper fan ,shouldn''tbe there & i was spoiling their day with expletives. Water of a ducks back to me but you can understand why some hesitate