Sign in to follow this  
whistleblower

People who stood in Norwich seats at Peterborough

[quote user="snakepit ric"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="snakepit ric"]People could ask people around or in front of them to sit down. Or speak to stewards at the match instead of on here after the event ?![/quote]

Just ask yourself. You are sitting in row 20 and you ask the people in front of you (row 19) to sit down. The people in rows 1 to 18 are all standing up. How do you think the people in row 19 will respond to your request?

[/quote] You tell me you were the one who couldn''t see they may of passed the message down if you mentioned your kid couldn''t see. . You may of got a decent response off them. If not like I said get the stewards involved as it was so called seating section. Unfortunately any ground you now go to you will have the same situation. Snakepit is standing most games now but I quiet enjoy it as do the people around me.[/quote]

You may have got a decent response but almost definitely you would not have. Ask yourself, what would you have said if the request had been put to you? The stewards were involved but unfortunately didn''t have sufficient brain cells to tackle the problem with any common sense. Why start by trying to get the people towards the back of the stand to sit down? 

Don''t know why people are suprised this happened yesterday.  It''s the same at every away match. And it''s been that

way for several years, I''m afraid.  There''s usually a core of fans who won''t sit down. The stewards normally try a few

futile attempts,then give up. So we all finish up standing for 90mins. Pretty ludicrous, when at some of the larger stadiums we

would all have a great view,including the kids, if we all sat down.  But apparently, you''re not a proper fan if you don''t stand.

So it shouldn''t have come as a suprise, if you attend away matches. But it''s not just Norwich. Seems to be the done thing these days.

Have a glance across at the Geordies next Saturday. They''ll be standing. Daft if you ask me.

[quote user="Mind the gap"]

Don''t know why people are suprised this happened yesterday.  It''s the same at every away match. And it''s been that

way for several years, I''m afraid.  There''s usually a core of fans who won''t sit down. The stewards normally try a few

futile attempts,then give up. So we all finish up standing for 90mins. Pretty ludicrous, when at some of the larger stadiums we

would all have a great view,including the kids, if we all sat down.  But apparently, you''re not a proper fan if you don''t stand.

So it shouldn''t have come as a suprise, if you attend away matches. But it''s not just Norwich. Seems to be the done thing these days.

Have a glance across at the Geordies next Saturday. They''ll be standing. Daft if you ask me.

[/quote]

It didn''t come as a surprise at all and I can''t remember the last time I sat at an away match. Yes I can - Ipswich 1 Norwich 5 in the home area (one of the secret agents in disguise). I got the impression that sitting down could have happened yesterday if the stewards had tackled the problem in the right way. It seemed obvious to me that asking people to sit down whilst the 20 rows in front were standing up was a bit of a waste of time. If they had started from the front, they may have had half a chance.

Serious question but have the people who are complaining ever been to an away game in their lives? I have yet to go to a single one where we have not stood for the entire 90 minutes.And just for the record the terrace seats sold out first and then people who were on the reserve list then got the seats. I was stood about 20 rows back and had to stand because the 19 rows in front were also standing. I don''t appreciate being called a r_etard by a keyboard warrior because of this.

They are evidently the descendants of yesterdays hooligans.

A special strategy will have to be worked out as it was for their predecessors.e.g.

A start may be to have targetted cctv cameras in the stands operated by an agreed third party - with the club being required to refund the ticket cost of anyone whose view is demonstrably blocked by someone standing.The club offers a ''service'' for a price to the consumer. The ticket is evidence of payment. People persistently standing should be identified and banned via an ASBO or something after counselling and a second chnce............   

OTBC

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Serious question but have the people who are complaining ever been to an away game in their lives? I have yet to go to a single one where we have not stood for the entire 90 minutes.

And just for the record the terrace seats sold out first and then people who were on the reserve list then got the seats. I was stood about 20 rows back and had to stand because the 19 rows in front were also standing. I don''t appreciate being called a r_etard by a keyboard warrior because of this.
[/quote]

Agree. There shouldn''t be any surprise, however, in being called a r_etard by a r_etard.

I''m sure the people complaining on here have been to an away match. I''m also sure that those who always stand aren''t retarded. This suggests to me that they may be selfish.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''m sure the people complaining on here have been to an away match. I''m also sure that those who always stand aren''t retarded. This suggests to me that they may be selfish.

[/quote]

Thanks for the comment which I will store for my next away match. Whilst everyone else is standing, I will make sure that I am sitting as the last thing I would want is to be called selfish. 

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Serious question but have the people who are complaining ever been to an away game in their lives? I have yet to go to a single one where we have not stood for the entire 90 minutes.And just for the record the terrace seats sold out first and then people who were on the reserve list then got the seats. I was stood about 20 rows back and had to stand because the 19 rows in front were also standing. I don''t appreciate being called a r_etard by a keyboard warrior because of this.[/quote]

err - try reading the post. Anyone who had to stand because of others in front of them can''t be blamed - it is the R_ETARDS who stood when they didnt need to who this is aimed at. And FYI - just because people ruin seating for everyone at most away games doesnt make it right - just makes it wrong most weeks.

I believe we need to do a Sunderland and start banning our own away fans if they wont sit

It seems many people had no option but to buy seated tickets anyway. I agree with Webbo, it was no different to any other away game, I have been to many, and cannot remember the last time I sat down. Seats are very narrow, leg room tight etc, I bet many people have beeen sandwiched between a two chubbers... often it can be more comfortable to stand!  - IF your back and legs can take it.

Corner kicks, shots on goal, bad tackles,early leavers all make people rise from their seats anyway.It does put less able people off going to away games. I know someone who has a very bad back and knees, and cannot sit down for 45min - otherwise he cant get up.

You wont keep everyone happy.

[quote user="whistleblower"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Serious question but have the people who are complaining ever been to an away game in their lives? I have yet to go to a single one where we have not stood for the entire 90 minutes.

And just for the record the terrace seats sold out first and then people who were on the reserve list then got the seats. I was stood about 20 rows back and had to stand because the 19 rows in front were also standing. I don''t appreciate being called a r_etard by a keyboard warrior because of this.
[/quote] err - try reading the post. Anyone who had to stand because of others in front of them can''t be blamed - it is the R_ETARDS who stood when they didnt need to who this is aimed at. And FYI - just because people ruin seating for everyone at most away games doesnt make it right - just makes it wrong most weeks. I believe we need to do a Sunderland and start banning our own away fans if they wont sit[/quote]

So on that basis you are saying only those in the front row as they were the only ones who didn''t have people standing in front of them. Presumably, all the R-TARDS were in the front row. Good move to put them all together. Next time they should put them on the back row.

[quote user="whistleblower"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Serious question but have the people who are complaining ever been to an away game in their lives? I have yet to go to a single one where we have not stood for the entire 90 minutes.And just for the record the terrace seats sold out first and then people who were on the reserve list then got the seats. I was stood about 20 rows back and had to stand because the 19 rows in front were also standing. I don''t appreciate being called a r_etard by a keyboard warrior because of this.[/quote]

err - try reading the post. Anyone who had to stand because of others in front of them can''t be blamed - it is the R_ETARDS who stood when they didnt need to who this is aimed at. And FYI - just because people ruin seating for everyone at most away games doesnt make it right - just makes it wrong most weeks.

I believe we need to do a Sunderland and start banning our own away fans if they wont sit[/quote]Apology accepted.Did you sing?

Sorry Chunky I''ve been going to Norwich away matches since the 60s and it is only in the last few years that the standing in the seats has been universal amongst the City fans. I was actually looking forward to yesterday as there was terrace for those who wanted to stand & unlike you I was told seats sold out before terracing. Normally I just put up with having to stand, no point in trying to hold back the tide but when people choose to buy seats & then stand it is just totally selfish. So your legs get a bit cramped, try standing on tiptoe fot 90 minutes to try & see.

It does seem that to the modern generation of City fans if you don''t stand, go to the pub before the game & worst of all wear green & yellow with pride (no not wigs!) you are some how not entitked to be there & should butt out

kin ell people aren''t happy if they''re not moaning about something are they. kids can stand on their seat and see or if not or if you cant stand, request tickets at the front. not hard is it?

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]

Sorry Chunky I''ve been going to Norwich away matches since the 60s and it is only in the last few years that the standing in the seats has been universal amongst the City fans. I was actually looking forward to yesterday as there was terrace for those who wanted to stand & unlike you I was told seats sold out before terracing. Normally I just put up with having to stand, no point in trying to hold back the tide but when people choose to buy seats & then stand it is just totally selfish. So your legs get a bit cramped, try standing on tiptoe fot 90 minutes to try & see.

It does seem that to the modern generation of City fans if you don''t stand, go to the pub before the game & worst of all wear green & yellow with pride (no not wigs!) you are some how not entitked to be there & should butt out

[/quote]Fair enough, YotT; I''ve only been going since the ''00s and don''t want to say I know everything - it''s just I have never been to an away game where we''ve sat and if I''d walked in to London Road to find everyone sitting, I''d have been stunned.I''m a liberal kind of guy and people can support the team however they want IMHO. Different strokes for different folks and all that.I''m just not loving the mass branding of everyone who stood in the seating bit as a r_etard fairly arrogant and hypocritical and surely can''t be the only one to think as such

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Thanks for the comment which I will store for my next away match. Whilst everyone else is standing, I will make sure that I am sitting as the last thing I would want is to be called selfish. 

[/quote]

Nevermind away games Webbo. Keep your eyes peeled for flying crutches amongst the Blanket Brigade in the Jarrold next home game. What happens there on 90 mins is the height of selfishness.

Sorry Iwans Norwich if you look back in this thread I said we got tickets in the second row at Villa. Most around there were sitting down , they wanted/needed to sit. But 3 totally refused and so we had the abuse.

For what it''s worth, listening to all this is reducing the envy I used to feel at being unable to attend matches to several shades lighter on the green scale. My 70" screen along with the lazy boy chair works a charm. If I hire a few illegal Mexicans to twirl yellow and green rattles in the corner, as well as have them deliver brown ale and enchiladas to my side table at half-time then, I think I''m fairly close to Utopia. On a relative basis, of course.  

Point is Chunky it was never a problem when we didn''t sell out. I often used to move to another area ..problem solved. However at Southampton this season there were quite a few empty seats so several had moved across to be able to sit, then during the first half some lads moved from where they were standing to stand in front of those sitting.

At the end of the day if folk want to stand in seated areas they are the ones in the wrong. Not the people they refer to as miserable feckers who want to sit in their seat. So instead of telling those who want/need to sit to request seats at the front it would be far less selfish for them to request seats at the back.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

At the end of the day if folk want to stand in seated areas they are the ones in the wrong. Not the people they refer to as miserable feckers who want to sit in their seat. So instead of telling those who want/need to sit to request seats at the front it would be far less selfish for them to request seats at the back.

[/quote]

It has been my experience that if they are selling 5,000 tickets, with 300 people in the queue, the attitude is you get what you are given.

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

It has been my experience that if they are selling 5,000 tickets, with 300 people in the queue, the attitude is you get what you are given.

[/quote]

What if you asked for terrace you got seats????

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]

Point is Chunky it was never a problem when we didn''t sell out. I often used to move to another area ..problem solved. However at Southampton this season there were quite a few empty seats so several had moved across to be able to sit, then during the first half some lads moved from where they were standing to stand in front of those sitting.

[/quote]For what it''s worth I have never stood in front of someone who wanted to sit down. And never acted like a drunken buffoon and sworn around young children. At home games I deliberately sit in The Barclay so I can stand, swear out loud and sing. I always consider other people around me in any situation.But. From personal experience (from 2000 onwards) I always anticipate away games to be more ''hardcore'' support and a completely different experience from going to Carrow Road including everyone standing, a lot more drinking, more singing etc etc. I''m genuinely surprised that someone has commented so angrily and someone else has suggested suing (which I assume has to be a joke!) on people standing at an away game.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No! If you asked for a seat in a particular area you got what you were given. They issue them in sequence.

[/quote]

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No! If you asked for a seat in a particular area you got what you were given. They issue them in sequence.

[/quote][/quote]

No! If you were asked for a seat in a particular area, you got what you were given. They issue them in sequence.

Well your experience is different to mine Webbo. But at the end of the day if you are standing in a seated area you are in the wrong. Regardless of what you may or may not have asked for. So it''s in the interests of those who want to stand to try and look after those who don''t.

Fair enough CN but although away support is more hardcore within that hardcore there are very diverse people.  I regard myself as away hardcore because I always go to the games but sorry don''t drink prefer to sit but still sing. That doesn''t make me a better or worse fan but would appear to in some eyes

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]Fair enough CN but although away support is more hardcore within that hardcore there are very diverse people.  I regard myself as away hardcore because I always go to the games but sorry don''t drink prefer to sit but still sing. That doesn''t make me a better or worse fan but would appear to in some eyes[/quote]Not to me it doesn''t, Mr Tiger. You''re a Norwich fan.