Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Chris Martin Signs For Swindon.

Is there an option for a permanent signing afterwards? If Martin has no future at CR, and if CH is trying to sign another striker or strikers, then he will have to adjust his declared 25 man squad, or is Martin not counted for some reason.

Are we likely to see similar arrangements for Lappin?

[Javier''s Deaf Translator"]I''d expect Martin to be sold jan w/ Jackson in the summer, probably moro aswell.

You could be right. Depends if we survive though. Morison and Jacko in the Championship are proven to get goals and wouldn''t sell them then I reckon.

I''d definitely get rid of Martin asap (for him and for us) and Lappin. Sadly, I can see Fox going too and possibly Surman and Leon (all in summer if we survive)

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

Lets hope we can sell him, at least for £250.000!!  What will GP do if he is sold!!

[/quote]

What will I do?

Nothing? I have never said he should be playing, he''s quite clearly not in the managers plans, we don''t need him...

["Lambo"]How he''s still on our payroll is beyond me.

I suspect because he isn''t worth anywhere near the money we''d be asking for him!

If he was that good Palace would have signed him, instead they signed Wilbraham - Says it all really!

Absolutely astounds me some Norwich fans think he can still cut it with us!

Swindon a club at the top end of League 1 is about Chris Martins level!

Good luck to him and I hope Swindon buy him!

Thought Chris wanted to try and fight his way into the team and that''s why he didn''t go back out on loan? what I heard anyway. But it puzzles me people are basing their opinion that he isn''t good enough at this level on what? He hasn''t exactly been given the chance. But either way it doesn''t matter as his future clearly isn''t here, I wish him all the best.

Just to add on my last post, I''m not saying he could or would have cut it in the Prem, I just haven''t seen enough of him playing in this league to judge. From what I remember he was good in the Championship for us.

Well, Di Canio must see something in him as a footballer, and that must be encouraging to him. 43 goals in 168 senior appearances is not a bad return.

Good luck Chris.

OTBC

At this point in time, I think it''s pretty risky loaning Martin out. I think he is the most suitable backup for Hoolahan, in that position that sits behind the striker.  Hughton''s preferred formation and blueprint for survival is 4-2-3-1 with the key being Hoolahan in the middle of the attacking 3 midfielders but if Hoolahan was to get injured we will not have a similar type player to bring in to fill that position - now that Butterfield in also out on loan. Yes we do have wingers, wide players, box to box midfielders at the club and can take them and switch them from their positions  - but none of these will cut it "in the hole" where Hoolahan plays. I''m not saying Martin (or Butterfield) are anywhere near as good as Hoolahan - but from what I have seen of Martin, he is the closest we have to filling that role. Unfortuately Hughton has not realise this and has preferred to get him games rather than hold him as insurance for that pivotal role.

[quote user="Six Pack"]At this point in time, I think it''s pretty risky loaning Martin out. I think he is the most suitable backup for Hoolahan, in that position that sits behind the striker.  Hughton''s preferred formation and blueprint for survival is 4-2-3-1 with the key being Hoolahan in the middle of the attacking 3 midfielders but if Hoolahan was to get injured we will not have a similar type player to bring in to fill that position - now that Butterfield in also out on loan. Yes we do have wingers, wide players, box to box midfielders at the club and can take them and switch them from their positions  - but none of these will cut it "in the hole" where Hoolahan plays. I''m not saying Martin (or Butterfield) are anywhere near as good as Hoolahan - but from what I have seen of Martin, he is the closest we have to filling that role. Unfortuately Hughton has not realise this and has preferred to get him games rather than hold him as insurance for that pivotal role.[/quote] hopefully howson or snoddgrass could fill in if hoolahan was out. Much preferred than Martin!

He has been given chance after chance over the years to show that he can make the grade. He has failed every time. I actually think he has a modicum of ability but his attitude stinks. When given an opportunity, most would accept it for what it is and sweat blood, run through walls etc to prove they are worthy of consideration. Not our Chrissy, he''ll arrogantly stroll around as if NCFC owes him a living. Hope we never see him ina yellow and green shirt again. His future will involve sitting at the end of a bar, with soup on his vest, telling anyone who''ll listen about his lorious career.

Bye

Has Paolo been reading this forum!?!?

"I told him straightaway, smiling, sometimes he is a bit lazy but has good quality"

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

He has been given chance after chance over the years to show that he can make the grade. He has failed every time. I actually think he has a modicum of ability but his attitude stinks. When given an opportunity, most would accept it for what it is and sweat blood, run through walls etc to prove they are worthy of consideration. Not our Chrissy, he''ll arrogantly stroll around as if NCFC owes him a living. Hope we never see him ina yellow and green shirt again. His future will involve sitting at the end of a bar, with soup on his vest, telling anyone who''ll listen about his lorious career.

Bye

[/quote]

And you would be a resident expert on attitudes that stink. I assume you have also had a lorious career.

Mungo he HAS NOT failed every time.

He was fantastic in League One. He was more than good enough in the Championship, good enough for Lambert to keep on and give a go in the Premiership. He has never failed. He isn''t up to Premiership standard, that is all.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]I''ll have a little wager he will score, and start, more games than a certain Cody McDonaald in the same Division though.[/quote]

... and I''d have a wager that De Canio will haul Martin off after 20 minutes, just as he did with a young keeper that had a stinking attitude.