Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Chris Martin Signs For Swindon.

How do people know Martin has a bad attitude or his "attitude stinks" we have mostly never met him or don''t know him. There was a bit of talk of him being a boozer a while back but he was a younger lad then and I could apply the same to a lot of people I know who are good at their jobs.

I''m not a big Martin fan or anything I just don''t see the need to berate him on that tired old notion. He did quite well at Palace in a short time and i''m sure he will be even better at Swindon, he was very good indeed at that level for us. The premiership is a big ask for anybody and i''m confident Hughton knows what he is doing so happy to leave it at that.

On another note his contract is up at end of the season so will do him good to attract some interest after a good loan spell. I should imagine with his contract expiring summer of2013 that he will be let go along with elliot ward and simon lappin. No matter what you think of these guys they''ve played a massive part in getting us where we are today.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Ancient history - what have they done for us lately?[/quote]

According to Hughton kept training hard and keep competition for places. Just because you can''t see it doesn''t mean it''s not happening you Bumpkin.

*Yawn*

["ImDrunky"]Thought Chris wanted to try and fight his way into the team and that''s why he didn''t go back out on loan? what I heard anyway.

But it puzzles me people are basing their opinion that he isn''t good enough at this level on what? He hasn''t exactly been given the chance. But either way it doesn''t matter as his future clearly isn''t here, I wish him all the best.

Yes your right he did originally stay in order to try to fight his way into the team but at this stage its obvious that wouldn''t happen!

Chris Martin had a few cameo appearances last season and looked like a fish out of water. Yes their was some nice passes in the middle of the pitch going backwardsor sideways but he never looked like worrying the opposition. Even in the League cup games this season he didn''t do nothing of note. So he has had some chances to prove himself but didn''t do enough!

Time to forget about him doing anything for us now and hope we can get some a bit of money for him cause I think he can be good for Swindon at the top end of League 1 which in all honesty is his true level!