Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Match thread

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Pilks thinks he''s bloody Pele! just get the ball into the box man![/quote]Rapidly becoming dissapointing

we need to change things here - we are losing out in midfield and stoke are beginning to press and get confidentwe need 3 points from this so lets try and keep tight

snoddie disappeared and holt needs to hold the ball up to help relieve pressure

defensive changes have not helped

Good win but the performance was disappointing and lacking any sparkle... plenty of room for improvement... a wins a win 3 more points OTBC!

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]Pilks thinks he''s bloody Pele! just get the ball into the box man![/quote]Rapidly becoming dissapointing[/quote]he didn’t have much of the ball today, i actually thought he did ok when he did have it.

Hey ho, we''ll be last on MOTD, but who cares, a massive three points in the bag!

Still worrying that we simply cannot score goals. We should have been 2 or 3 up at half time. Second half shew good team spirit to defend well after losing 2 key players and having the shuffle the defence around twice.

On top of that, another clean sheet, and 4 games unbeaten now. That''s more like it, now lets climb up the table!

stoke do make it difficult but great three points and wins and points are what is needed.

If we can pick up wins when the passing is not quite right we can kick on whne things click

Johnson or tettey maybe motm - no one outstanding though!

Great job lads

Also any games against Stoke is never pretty, they seem to make any game look bad. I''m just happy with the 3pts, I don''t care about the performance if we get the win.

A good 3 points and a clean sheet[Y]

There''s some very poor teams in the Prem this season and the bottom 3 could get tailed off the longer they go without picking up some regular points with the odd win.

awful game  - but who gives? its another 3 points!!Guessing we won''t be on first on MOTD!!!!

Tough game, and certainly not a vintage performance. We let Stoke play their game, and to be fair we defended relatively well considering 2 of the starting back 4 went off injured. Glad to have got this out the way and to have chalked up another 3 points. Think the players are getting bedded in to the Hughton system now and it seems to be working. Beat Reading next week and we''ll start to put some real daylight between us and the bottom 3.
Well done to the lads today. Didn''t play well, but they had to dig deep and grind that win out, and they showed a lot of heart and fight.

[quote user="ImDrunky"]Also any games against Stoke is never pretty, they seem to make any game look bad. I''m just happy with the 3pts, I don''t care about the performance if we get the win.[/quote]

I think that is the main point - when people try and play pretty football against Stoke they tend to get muscled off the ball or hit by the aerial bombardment. We played the game that we needed to play today in order to get the result. I think that is a great sign of a maturing team.

I love to see us play good attacking football but you have to play the opponents in front of you.

the bottom 3 are going to stay as they are all season i think (Possibly include Villa).we will finish mid table on the basis of today. Stoke will have enough about them at home to stay up, they usually beat at least one of the big 4 too... most likely Everton.

IMO we already see the bottom three, as defences for QPR, Soton and Reading are shockingly bad; although it could still be squeeky bum time for Villa and maybe - Sunderland.

We were always going to struggle to play good football today just as we did last seasons games against them. Stoke have made themselves a established premier league team by making bigger teams than us play football their way. Great result.

A really professional performance against a side I just hate to see playing!!! Glad we got this one done and dusted! When Kenwyne Jones got his chance I thought...oh no...but that''s just about the best they got. I''m very happy with the result and we''ve shown our defence has improved vastly...ie...we can GRIND out results!

Indeed it would.

can''t believe theres a 5 pts dif between 18th and 17th... and we''re of course 6 clear of the bottom three ;)

anything but a reading thrashing will be good, a draw will be what we should hope for. but if they get thrashed, I feel like they will respond well infront of a home crowd next week.

Next week a win against reading is key could really stretch us away this early.

We need it, it is all about the results we can and should push to get three points

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]We went down to 10 men again at the end as well, so a great 3 points ![/quote]Really? I missed that Nexus what happened?