Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Happy Clappies v Moronic Moaners

Please don''t start with this cr@p.Labelling people utterly ruins this place, I didn''t post for 3 years when you had to be classified as either a "Worthy oute" or  "Keep the faither"

[quote user="lake district canary"]Which are you - or you prefer to sit ''on the fence''?

[/quote]

I regard myself as an extremely happy moaner. Moaning makes me almost religiously happy.

This notion that anyone that moans is moronic is ridiculous, condescending and really starting to get on my nerves. Its as if those who label the moaners morons think they know better and their football knowledge is vastly superior and those that post negative comments are clueless.

The moaners have every right to moan, and quite frankly anyone that is still in the all is rosy happy clappy pile is blind. There are big issues at the moment, im in the negative camp but wish 100% Hughton can turn it round and get it right, however, since the Monchengladbach game i have had serious reservations over the direction Hughton is taking the team, and ive seen nothing to change my initial opinion that were in trouble.

After the MBach game I was worried that the new adopted CH tactics will result in one thing, draws and losses. And thats exactly what has happened.

For a manager that has supposedly focused all his efforts on tightening the defence, only to lose 5-0 in the first game and 5-2 in the 6th, represents a catastrophic failure in my opinion. We done very well against Tottenham, should have lost by more against Newcastle but for Ba and Cisse misfiring and were pretty poor against pathetic QPR and West Ham sides. Ive seen nothing so far to be positive about and wont be until I do.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]This notion that anyone that moans is moronic is ridiculous, condescending and really starting to get on my nerves. Its as if those who label the moaners morons think they know better and their football knowledge is vastly superior and those that post negative comments are clueless. The moaners have every right to moan, and quite frankly anyone that is still in the all is rosy happy clappy pile is blind. [/quote]

This has now got mileage.

It''s ridiculous to call moaners moronic but ok to call clappers blind. So I''m moronic and blind! Top that Wiz!!

I think you''re taking this a tad too seriously Matt (and Morty). I think it''s quite funny - i too remember the Worthy Out vs Keep the Faith days and that''s probably very much what LDC has in mind here. The point is that both labels are wrong. What makes you think moronic moaner is any more a ridiculous label than calling someone a "happy clapper" on the basis that they don''t moan or looks for positives? It doesn''t mean they don''t accept the negatives - i.e. we''re in the relegation zone, we''ve lost the best manager we''ve ever had. No-one denies these things.  

You''re guilty of doing exactly the same thing by saying that "anyone that is still in the all is rosy happy clappy pile is blind". Do you think there''s anyone in that ''pile''? I''ll give you a tenner if you can find anyone on this board who thinks "all is rosy".

You are actually much more likely to find someone on here who thinks ALL is sh*t. (cough-wizard-cough). As such, moronic moaners is not as wide of the mark as happy clappers. But unfortunately this is ALWAYS the nature of public debate. Whatever your actual view, you have to be divided between THIS side or THAT side. I blame politics. And the Daily Mail. So devisive. You''re a nazi nutter or you''re a flouncey liberal, you can''t be anywhere in between!

Point is tho moronic moaners implies said person is a moron and has no football knowledge whatsoever, isnt entitled to an opinion and those labeling them as such are superior beings.

People moan at the football because they are unhappy in their everyday lives. It''s sad. They do anything they can to ruin it for the majority. Real poor form and they should have a look at themselves.

[quote user="Steady On..."]People moan at the football because they are unhappy in their everyday lives. It''s sad. They do anything they can to ruin it for the majority. Real poor form and they should have a look at themselves.[/quote]

Absolute garbage and a sweeping generalisation from obviously someone with a PHD in human psychology.

People moan about football if their passionate about it, im certainly very happy in my everyday life. There is reason to moan at the moment.

The whole thing is a false dichotomy.I''m a disappointed and slightly disheartened supporter, retaining the hope that things will improve with a hard to quantify but nevertheless consistently nagging doubt that things won''t.You can decide which category best suits.

[quote]

Absolute garbage and a sweeping generalisation from obviously someone with a PHD in human psychology.

People moan about football if their passionate about it, im certainly very happy in my everyday life. There is reason to moan at the moment.[/quote]

Nah, people that moan are generally depressive people. They want to moan because bringing people down brings them joy and they are only in it support wise when the start winning. Weak minded.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]The whole thing is a false dichotomy.I''m a disappointed and slightly disheartened supporter, retaining the hope that things will improve with a hard to quantify but nevertheless consistently nagging doubt that things won''t.You can decide which category best suits.[/quote]

Lol, this isn''t allowed chops, even if you''ve probably perceptively expressed the feelings of the majority, this splits you between a hopeless optimist and a miserable sod!

As of today I''ve fallen over the fence into "Moronic Moaners".
We''re in trouble lads, big trouble.
I paid for those two cup games and enjoyed them, but then got a sound slap in the face with the third and final (for us) cup game. My blood runs yellow, that''s true enough. But pretending that we''re going to have any glimpse of a good season isn''t what I''m going to spend my time doing. Unfortunately a majority of our fan base are still going to be well chuffed we''re in the premier league and won''t take what is happening to our club seriously. They''ll drop off when we''re relegated (or wonder why half way through next season they haven''t been able to get tickets to see Suarez get ANOTHER hattrick) and it''ll leave us. Then the club will hear us.

For me,the subject matter sums up this board the majority of the time.....

Why not simply be a NORWICH CITY SUPPORTER!

Within this grouping all of the following are entitled to call themselves a Norwich City Supporter.....

- Season Ticket Holder...for however many years
- Away Season Ticket Holder
- Corporate Hospitality customer
- Casual supporter who cant afford a regular ticket
- Those who can''t afford a ticket at all but follow the club from home through the media
- Regular message board posters, occasional message board posters and those who dont give a sht about message boards
- Those who used to be a regular or occasional visitor to Carrow Road but now can''t go for whatever reason yet still follow the club 
.......even those who are ex-pats, watch every game live home & away and can only get to a home or away match on an occasional basis, having been a Season Ticket holder for 30 years previously...oh, that''s me :-)

All of these people are one group following one club and all are entitled to having an opinion, moaning a bit if they want etc etc

In respect of our great club, it''s actually not much different to this time last season in reality, struggling to get results going, Holt only on one goal, tough matches ahead.....about the only difference is that this season many fans are not giving the Manager and his team a chance to settle.....and we are further in the League Cup (or whatever it is called these days) unlike previous seasons when we appeared not to want to progress in a Cup...and have a slightly stronger squad.

It''s going to be a tough season, surely we all knew that, so let''s get used to it and ALL keep 100% behind the Management and Team....you know "supporting" them! OTBC  

I agree with Mark. First and Foremost I am a NORWICH CITY supporter! I''ll have a moan yes, certainly after performances like last saturday! But I remain a City fan, whatever happens. I remember the Worthy out days and Keep the faith era... I tried to avoid that discussion... Now I like to read the forum once and a while (eg. Ricardo''s reports,...) and I post then and again, but often I''m called one of the two names mentioned ... Let''s just remember we''re all City fans!!!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]The whole thing is a false dichotomy.I''m a disappointed and slightly disheartened supporter, retaining the hope that things will improve with a hard to quantify but nevertheless consistently nagging doubt that things won''t.You can decide which category best suits.[/quote]As good a description of what its like to be a long time Norwich City supporter as I have ever read.If you want constant success go support Man U or Arsenal. If you want a lifetime of ups and downs with worry and elation in equal measure you will do no better than stay with NCFC.The one thing to keep in mind is that its those bad times that make the good times soooooo good.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]This notion that anyone that moans is moronic is ridiculous, condescending and really starting to get on my nerves. Its as if those who label the moaners morons think they know better and their football knowledge is vastly superior and those that post negative comments are clueless.

The moaners have every right to moan, and quite frankly anyone that is still in the all is rosy happy clappy pile is blind. There are big issues at the moment, im in the negative camp but wish 100% Hughton can turn it round and get it right, however, since the Monchengladbach game i have had serious reservations over the direction Hughton is taking the team, and ive seen nothing to change my initial opinion that were in trouble.

After the MBach game I was worried that the new adopted CH tactics will result in one thing, draws and losses. And thats exactly what has happened.

For a manager that has supposedly focused all his efforts on tightening the defence, only to lose 5-0 in the first game and 5-2 in the 6th, represents a catastrophic failure in my opinion. We done very well against Tottenham, should have lost by more against Newcastle but for Ba and Cisse misfiring and were pretty poor against pathetic QPR and West Ham sides. Ive seen nothing so far to be positive about and wont be until I do.[/quote]Post of the day!

The ''happy clappers'' moan about the moaners, and the moaners moan about the happy clappers. Its a two way street. Don''t quite understand why the happy clappers think they are hard done by, or the moaners think they are hard done by. Insults are coming from both sides.

But Hucks boots.

You obviously did not watch the Newcastle, QPR and West Ham games. We should have beat QPR and West Ham. We played well and were let down by poor shooting. And Newcastle didn''t deserve to win by more, they barely deserved to win at all.

[quote user="Carra Rud"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]This notion that anyone that moans is moronic is ridiculous, condescending and really starting to get on my nerves. Its as if those who label the moaners morons think they know better and their football knowledge is vastly superior and those that post negative comments are clueless. The moaners have every right to moan, and quite frankly anyone that is still in the all is rosy happy clappy pile is blind. There are big issues at the moment, im in the negative camp but wish 100% Hughton can turn it round and get it right, however, since the Monchengladbach game i have had serious reservations over the direction Hughton is taking the team, and ive seen nothing to change my initial opinion that were in trouble. After the MBach game I was worried that the new adopted CH tactics will result in one thing, draws and losses. And thats exactly what has happened. For a manager that has supposedly focused all his efforts on tightening the defence, only to lose 5-0 in the first game and 5-2 in the 6th, represents a catastrophic failure in my opinion. We done very well against Tottenham, should have lost by more against Newcastle but for Ba and Cisse misfiring and were pretty poor against pathetic QPR and West Ham sides. Ive seen nothing so far to be positive about and wont be until I do.[/quote]

Post of the day!
[/quote]

I couldn''t read it[H]

This thread is so pointless that I feel dirty even commenting on it. However, labelling of people in any context is rarely helpful. We all have depths in our psyches that are frequently undetectable by analysis of individual statements or even particular mediums that we might express opinions through.

I have been known to have a go at those who substitute abuse for argument but other very few people deserve to be dubbed as either moronic or mindlessly content.

RP

I can think of a few!

What about David Cameron? He strikes me as someone who is probably "mindlessly content" !