Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

should we fire Hughton after 1 match

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Of cousre we can''t sack him. That would be madness.

If. however, he continues with these shocking tactics then he will soon feel the wrath of the Carra. 

[/quote]100% seriously... give him next week. It''s not the result but the performance, if we loose but look like we have a clue give him another week. If we look that poor again sack him.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]we only have 37 more games to go and i fear its already too late..

shall we fire Hughton?

[/quote]

Dont be silly Jas, its only one game. A good win against QPR on Saturday and we#ll all be smiling again.

I know the OP from Jas was tongue in cheek and designed to catch a few fishies (and he managed a reasonable haul), but on a serious note the time to judge is after 10 games, on a separate note I seem to remember we lost 4-O in our opening game at Millwall and went on to win the league at a canter under Nigel Worthington.........

Two or three more games like that and he has to go as it will be obvious that the players are not playing for him. This was the worst performance since the Man City game but this time against fellow relegation fodder. Appalling, embarrassing and inexcusable.   

..........should we fire Hughton after 1 match?.........Absolutely not that would be ludicrous and thoughtless.He must be tortured, humiliated and fined heavily before being sacked.Managers must be made to endure the very same punishment as the supporters.

[quote user="paul moy"]Two or three more games like that and he has to go as it will be obvious that the players are not playing for him. This was the worst performance since the Man City game but this time against fellow relegation fodder. Appalling, embarrassing and inexcusable.   [/quote]Not even close. It was the worst result since Man City. It was the worst performance since ... I really don''t know, I don''t know that Colchester was that bad, maybe.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I know the OP from Jas was tongue in cheek and designed to catch a few fishies (and he managed a reasonable haul), but on a serious note the time to judge is after 10 games, on a separate note I seem to remember we lost 4-O in our opening game at Millwall and went on to win the league at a canter under Nigel Worthington.........[/quote]

Wasn''t that the 2001-02 season where we lost in the play off final.

I''m sorry but I really can''t get worked up about football while it''s still the cricket season...

An oblique way of making a point. Once serious pre-season got under way it became increasingly clear Hughton wanted to get more players in. From comments on two occasions about the failings of the strikers, from a more general but unmistakeably clear remark about needing extra "competition" (code for "better players") in the squad, and from the list of numbers which shows (even with Garrido) at least one number unfilled, with the possibility of others being available.

In other words (and this applies to other clubs that are similarly in a state of transition) the time to start judging is not after one (luckily unwatched by me) omni-shambles, but in September.

Got to go NOW... on paper we have a stronger team than last season... its all down to the manager and training staff - our boys didn''t look fit or up for it. Tactics were bonkers. We want Hughton out... don''t leave it too late McNasty.

It would be very, very stupid to sack him after one game. Not even the QPR of a few years ago would sack a manager after one gameHowever, if I ran the club I''d look very hard at how he goes about his job, both in terms of match performance and interviews. If he doesn''t improve the way the players perform over the next month or so (or his attitude in interviews- really terrible showing today), even if we scrape the odd win, he should go. But if he actually tries to be more positive and make the players work hard, Hughton should be given more time (even if we only win once).

[quote user="Wiz"]damn you Delia.[/quote]One defeat and it''s her fault. She never got a mention when we were winning.COOK OUT!!! [:@][:@][:@]Ya de ya de ya! [:S]

any excuse to have a go at delia Wiz!!!! How is your consortium coming along? You have all the answers dont you so please explain how this was HER fault?

[quote user="baldyboy"]any excuse to have a go at delia Wiz!!!! How is your consortium coming along? You have all the answers dont you so please explain how this was HER fault?
[/quote]

She didn''t wan''t Gunn sacked, ergo didn''t want Lambert, she did however vote for Hughton.......clear?

[quote user="Norwich R Us"]Wiz, you really are a cock of the highest order.[/quote]
Seconded. 
Who''d have though just 15 years ago he was lighting up our TV screens in a fly on the wall documentary... (link here)

Who is he Kick it off?

And you know, I could have sworn he starred in the hit series ''midsomer murders'' as one of the corpses.

Anyone who was there today could see he is clueless. He already has no way of gaining credibility with the fans already it is now just a matter of time. Today was Gunn in all but name

The day Hughton got sacked at Newcastle this is how they stood in the league - transfer that form over a 38 game season and you get 45 points -

Table on 06.12.2010FullHomeAway
PWDLFAWDLFAWDLFAGDPt
1Arsenal16102434185031910521158+1632
2Manchester United1587035167102461601110+1931
3Chelsea169343011611184323127+1930
4Manchester City16853211243185422137+929
5Tottenham Hotspur1675424214311383231113+326
6Bolton Wanderers16583282334117112421112+523
7Sunderland1658320184401051431013+223
8Liverpool166462019521156125513+122
9West Bromwich Albion16646232742211102241217-422
10Stoke City166372121422129215912021
11Blackburn Rovers1663721254221162151019-421
12Newcastle United1654724252331610314815-119
13Blackpool15546232922211113241218-619
14Birmingham City16394171934186053913-218
15Everton163851820233101215288-217
16Aston Villa164571727341129116518-1017
17Fulham162951620242101105369-415
18Wigan Athletic163671328243817124511-1515
19Wolverhampton Wndrs16331017303231213017517-1312
20West Ham United1626814272331012035415-1312

That is Newcastle we are talking about and a 31% win percentage.  How will that transfer to us in the Prem?  Well it''s difficult to say, but I think there is only one certainty.

As has already been highlighted by some, while Birmingham were under a transfer embargo, they still had a good squad by Championship standards and Newcastle were definitely a Premier League team playing in the Championship.

We shouldn''t fire him but we should certainly read him the riot act; and drop Tierney, Pilkington, Turner and Snodgrass along with fining them a week''s wages each for such a disgraceful performance. 

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"]Sweet frigging Jesus.I am frankly staggered.[/quote]

As am I about you, totally spineless.

[/quote]Spineless?Because I am taking an objective view, based on caution, instead of using skewed logic and schoolgirl hissy rantings?Piss off you pathetic excuse of a man.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"]Sweet frigging Jesus.I am frankly staggered.[/quote]

[/quote]Spineless?Because I am taking an objective view, based on caution, instead of using skewed logic and schoolgirl hissy rantings?Piss off you pathetic excuse of a man.[/quote]He''s just a wind up merchant, clearly not a NCFC supporter. So not worth any ones time or getting annoyed by =)

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"]Sweet frigging Jesus.

I am frankly staggered.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Spineless?

Because I am taking an objective view, based on caution, instead of using skewed logic and schoolgirl hissy rantings?

Piss off you pathetic excuse of a man.
[/quote]

Ditto.

[quote user="ImDrunky"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"]Sweet frigging Jesus.

I am frankly staggered.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Spineless?

Because I am taking an objective view, based on caution, instead of using skewed logic and schoolgirl hissy rantings?

Piss off you pathetic excuse of a man.
[/quote]He''s just a wind up merchant, clearly not a NCFC supporter. So not worth any ones time or getting annoyed by =)
[/quote]

Why''s that? because unlike you I''m worried about a terrible manager we''ve got, and btw, you know bugger all about my NCFC assocation sweetheart.

I''m worried too, but I''ve decided to support the team. He''s not a terrible manager either, goes to show what you know. Also don''t call me sweetheart, that''s just creepy lol.