Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Adam Drury joins Leeds

Didn''t see that one coming. Gutted to see him go, but a 2 year deal is a good move for him at his age and with his injury record.

Glad he got a fitting goodbye.

Bl**dy hell, didn''t see that one happening at all. Good luck to him, great servant for the club. We REALLY need a left-back now though...

A brilliant servant to Norwich City and I will certainly hope he enjoys success at Leeds (even though it is Leeds).

Wow, that''s a bit of a shock, was expecting him to stay on for another year...

He''s been at NCFC for nearly as long as I''ve been supporting the club, been a fantastic player and he deserves two years in the championship. Good luck to him.

Sad for him to go but probably the right decision, in terms of moving forward. Further highlights what a bad decision it was to give Ward a new contract IMO!

Good luck at Leeds Adam, for eleven years you''ve been a fantastic servant to the club. You''ve endured the lows and enjoyed the highs with us fans and deserve your place in Norwich city history. You''ll always be one of my favourite players for Norwich and remain one of the best left backs (if not the best) to have ever played for this club.
Leeds fans, you''ve got yourself a fantastic left back. His positioning defensively is superb and has only got better with the amount of experience he has picked up over the years, he''s a top professional who will never let the side down, ever. You should be extremely pleased that one of finest full backs I have ever seen play will probably finish his career at your club, Warnock has done the business again and picked up quality in on a free.
Goodbye Adam, you''ll always be welcome at Carrow Road. 

[quote user="Wishbone"]. Further highlights what a bad decision it was to give Ward a new contract IMO![/quote]

Well not really because Ward is quite a decent player.

Absolutely gutted, but I wish him luck, fantastic servant for ncfc and will always be a true legend in my eyes! At least he''s gone about things the right way and gone to a club not in the prem.

well I suppose the set-up of a feeder club means that sometimes players have to go in the opposite direction as a gesture of goodwill ?!?.

In all seriousness though, he''s done well to get a deal at that level to take him into his mid thirties.

I wonder if we''ll ever get to find out what the "I''ve given Adam something to think about" offer that Lambert apparantly had given him .just before buggering off??

Really disappointed to see Ad''s go-thought he might, especially with Lambert gone, have been around for another year, kept things together at Colney & in dressing room and been the strong, respected character about the place the club will need next season.

I don''t know-Ad''s gone, Wilbers gone, Holt probably going-where are the characters and who''s going to step up? Getting a bit of a young squad now.

Wish him well, but I''ll say one, no, two things: one-he is never a Leeds player, not Adam Drury. Too nice, too professional, too much of a gentleman. Their fans will eat him alive if he has bad game or two and never forget. Two-he''ll be back. Can''t see him moving up there permanently and am sure he''ll commence his coaching career here at some point.

Thanks for 11 incredible years, a true Norwich legend and an absolute gentleman. Best of luck in the future, sorry to see him go. Players like Drury are few and far between.

Shame to see him go, but what a fantastic example of what a proffesional footballer can be. Has been nothing but a model proffessional in all aspects of his career. a definate hall of famer. 

Surprised at him going to Leeds though, as Old shuck said too nice and a gentleman to boot.

Wish him all the best though.

Thanks Adam

He''ll be back to the area one day.  He''s best pals with Hucks.  Good luck to him. One last big pay day, he should be well set up nicely now.  Nobody can deny him that.

The last part of my NCFC childhood memories go with Adam. I was in high school when we signed him along with Holt and Peschosolido.

An absolute club legend and gentleman to boot; shame he''s joined such a nasty club.

Best of luck to you, Adam. You''ll always be fondly remembered

Not surprised by this. Not hearing anything after Adam was offered a lesser contract and coaching role indicated he was looking elsewhere.

Leeds is a good move for him. A biggish club and I''m sure the fans there will see how hard he works for the team.

He''ll be back though in some capacity.

If only there were more people in football like Adam Drury

All the best to you and your family, and thanks for great times.

As an aside, is there anyone on here who has witnessed ''live'' all his goals for us?

Does that mean that CH didn''t want to carry through the Lambert offer, and has plans for the LB position, or was that only a 1 year deal perhaps?

what they said Adam all the best just gutted you gone to Leeds of all clubs but could have been that shower down the road I guess.

Really hope he comes back in some capacity, and thats not just sentiment the club needs characters like Adam its what were all about.