Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Lambert signs midfielder...

Personally I don;t think Snodgrass will be on our radar any more although i would be delighted to be wrong on this as i rate him as a player. I just think that he was very much a Lambert target and partly because the two have the Livingston connection. I don;t think that anyone coming in and assessing our squad as a neutral (which is essentially the task Hughton has to undertake (although he;s obviously not nuetral)) would identify the wide midfield positions as a priority for strengthening this summer.

Think its been mentioned before but stick all Villa/Lambert threads in the ''''Other Football '''' section

[quote user="yellow 63"]Think its been mentioned before but stick all Villa/Lambert threads in the ''''Other Football '''' section
[/quote]

[Y]

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Good point CU as I was certain that his first signing would be Snodgrass, at our expense.[/quote]I like you sir. If they ever introduce stealth moderators I think you should be the first person they ask.

I couldn''t give a flying f*** who Lambert has signed, Houghton is our manager and his signings are the only ones that interest me.

"I couldn''t give a flying f*** who Lambert has signed, Houghton is our manager and his signings are the only ones that interest me."

If it impacts us, ie. combined targets that they might well get, then I am extremely interested. The same with his other signings, as everyone of them takes the liklihood of PL poaching our best recedes. 

No man is an island.

[quote user="Eggy"]Who''s Lambert?[/quote]

The very man who might well usurp some of our prime transfer targets.

There are plenty of clubs that may be interested as the same players as us but there isn''t a " Martin Jol, Michael Laudrup, Sam Allerdyce , Nigel Atkins " interested in a player thread. This obsession with Lambert really has to stop. 

It''s not the obsession with Lambert, it was more of excitement that it wasn''t Snodgrass, I still believe he and Howson could be a formidable partnership next season. I hope that Howson has put in a good word.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]It''s not the obsession with Lambert, it was more of excitement that it wasn''t Snodgrass, I still believe he and Howson could be a formidable partnership next season. I hope that Howson has put in a good word.[/quote]May I ask why you feel Lambert signing a defensive midfielder means he is not after Snodgrass?

[quote user="marvin the martian"]There are plenty of clubs that may be interested as the same players as us but there isn''t a " Martin Jol, Michael Laudrup, Sam Allerdyce , Nigel Atkins " interested in a player thread. This obsession with Lambert really has to stop. [/quote]

So one week we are  speculating about his possible signings for us, with no little degree of excitement, and the next there is a distinct possibility that he may grab them from under our noses. I will remain absorbed in Lambert''s dealings for some time yet, for suppporting NCFC includes being interested in rival club''s dealings, whether they are managed by Lambert or not. 

That is not obsessional, it is pretty obvious, to me at least. Sweeping PL''s intention under the carpet in such a way is not on. They could well impact our own fortunes.

Totally agree, I don''t want to hear what Lamberts doing, well will people realise we''ve moved on. If they are still interested in Lambert go to the AV site, but keep him off ours

[quote user="Iceman"]Totally agree, I don''t want to hear what Lamberts doing, well will people realise we''ve moved on. If they are still interested in Lambert go to the AV site, but keep him off ours[/quote]

You dont have to read it!, just dont open a thread blatantly titled with whats it''s about, it cant be that difficult. Personally I have a passing curiosity in what players Lambert signs as it may or may not be an indication of who might have been our targets this summer, but wont care beyond that. However i''m of course much more interested in who Hughton will sign. Like most people i get abit fed up with the multiple threads about the same thing, but thats something the moderators should be doing something about.

But it''s not about NCFC, it''s about anOther Football team. If you look we have a sub-forum for this subject.

The OP fills me with dread please please every time lambert does something can we not start a thread on it. Let him worry about villa and let us talk about Ncfc.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]There are plenty of clubs that may be interested as the same players as us but there isn''t a " Martin Jol, Michael Laudrup, Sam Allerdyce , Nigel Atkins " interested in a player thread. This obsession with Lambert really has to stop. [/quote]

Glad i aint the only one who thinks the same marvin!!!!

What possible you are failing to remember, at this time we still have Lamberts two right hand men at our club who will know where we need to strengthen and therefore would surely be used in an advisory capacity by Hughton, if he ignores them, or fails to ask their advice more fool him.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Why do people think Hughton is going to try and sign exactly the same players Lambert was interested in ?[/quote]agreed, perhaps these same people can also tell us why we are constantly chasing one of the most over rated players in the championship constantly too?Half our Midfield would walk into the Leeds team.. SNoddy would be lucky to make the bench

"Half our Midfield would walk into the Leeds team"

or maybe even walk out of the Leeds Team !! ;-)