Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Delia

"Rob (weirdest haircut known to man) Chandler", is your typical ''binner''.

I really, really, hope that his precious 5p in the £1.00 rip off parasitic club, fail to win in the play-offs. I will then take tremendous pleasure in reminding him of the fact.....

Same as the binners on Anglia soccer night, what a nasty vindictive bunch they are!

"A bit like me really!"

"BOYCOTT RADIO BROADLAND!!" Send uncle Roy Waller round to sort "Cranky Barnet" Chandler out! ;~)   

I think her actions last night were a total disgrace.   Members of the board should not walk onto the pitch and openly criticise the clubs fans (which is in effect what she did).   I thought the crowd were fine, if obviously shell shocked that our pathetic, naive and utterly outclassed defence had finally thrown away our chance of survival.

[quote]Can''t believe your all having a go at Delia. She''s a proud and passionate supporter.How much money has she put into the club? How much effort? How much publicity does she get us? How much does she lov...[/quote]

On a comparable percentage of wealth basis, I have invested a lot of money in Norwich City.  That does not give me the right to go on the pitch at half-time and slate the fans.

She has done a lot for the club but if I had the money I would do the same. 

No-one has the right to criticise the fans live on television.  We (the fans) invest money all the time, some of us (including myself) are shareholders and continually plough money into the club.  Why would you want to upest your own fans?  No fans = No football club.

oh my god - i''ve tried to stay out of this particular line of moaning but i''ve read enough!

get it into your thick heads you over-reactionary daily mail readers - she wasn''t seriously criticising us, she was just trying to generate a bit more noise and atmosphere as it had gone a bit flat what with the 2 goal lead thrown away. That flatness therefore was understandable and yes the whole thing was misjudged and embarrasing but don''t go wasting board space with all this holier than thou "how dare she criticise us" rubbish. She''s done more for the club than most and we all know full well that she loves the ncfc fans.

Get a grip.

[quote]oh my god - i''ve tried to stay out of this particular line of moaning but i''ve read enough! get it into your thick heads you over-reactionary daily mail readers - she wasn''t seriously criticising us...[/quote]

It''s what the forum is for debate , and it ain,t wasting space , and if i want to moan when being humiliated in front of the watching nation i will.

I only saw this on telly, so I''m probably not the best to comment.

It seemed pretty cringe-worthy, but as far as I could tell, she was just doing all she possibly could as a fan to help give the players a kick up the backside. It takes a lot of balls (as it were) to stand up in front of the crowd like that, so I guess we should be proud in a way that the people at the top actually care so much about the club - although it''s difficult to look at it that way when you''re being patronised on live TV.

Maybe all publicity is good publicity?....

I don''t read the Daily Mail, and I''ve just had a passing glance in the mirror (not the tabloid) and I don''t seem to have acquired a thick head either! But, I suspect our major share holder may possibly have one this morning.......

What''s done is done, and she can''t say to the producer "can we do that again please?"

Yes a1canary, it is time to move on, but let people have their opinion on said matter, as it is their right. Delia and her hubby, are doing great things for the club, and Delia quite frankly, made an error of judgement at half-time. I distinctly remember not too long ago, Worthy had a ''pop'' at the fans, and then realised: "don''t bite the hand that feeds!" 

Counter productive to moan at the moaners.......Let the thread take its course. Better still, have a go at ''archant'', who are having a poll on whether Delia was embarrassing or motivating? I''ve had my three''pennorth and I''m just looking forward to Saturday and Chelski.

OTBC ;~)

Perhaps the way in which she did it wasn''t the best but she does have a bit of a point.

Whenever I go to away matches the support is far better than at home. The Canaries away supports tend to make more of an effort to motivate the players.

The same can''t be said when they play at home. The number of times its been deadly silent at Carrow Road is rediculous.

So she mad e a mistake. & yep it was a bit cringworthy like your mum getting drunk & singing to your mates. But so what, forgive & forget, we all make mistakes!

Furthermore no can doubt her motives - she was simply trying to get the crowd going. She has the same aim as all of us fans - for NCFC to win games.

Please guys, she is probably feeling really bad now, so please give her a break, & remember that me, you & Delia all want the same thing, so let''s stick together.

Yep? 

[quote]Can''t believe your all having a go at Delia. She''s a proud and passionate supporter.How much money has she put into the club? How much effort? How much publicity does she get us? How much does she lov...[/quote]

Meeky,

We all know what Delia has done for this club and we are all eternally grateful and always will be.

But on this occasion she got it badly wrong because what the press, tv, websites and people you work with should have been talking about today is young Dean Ashton''s performance, his great goal and the first 25 mins of the game when we played with so much passion and comittment.

Instead Delia stole the headlines with her unjustified criticism at us, the fans. I dont get angry enough to get upset on here too often but after having the p*** taken out of me all day and being totally embarrassed by the whole event then yes today I am very angry.

P.S If she thinks sitting in the Barclay on Saturday will make amends then shes sadly mistaken yet again.

We were the ''And Finally..'' piece on BBC National news.. which must sum up how the press and possibly the nation must view this incident..

I wonder what direction football is taking sometimes. The ball was pinging around at an alarming rate last night like some pinball game being played at fast forward.

We had fans invading the pitch at Turf Moor last week and getting three year bans yet Delia is permitted to wander on the pitch and screech away like some mad parrot on a roller coaster.

It was not so much the action that was questionable but the inference behind it. The team has failed miserably points wise to live up to expectations this season. Delia''s rant suggested that we the fans are in some way to blame.

The vocal support both home and away has been par excellence this season. This from someone who as a young lad was more shocked at the behaviour of the older blokes from the village on the coach home from Old Trafford after the FA Cup win in 1968 than ever I was the result. They were singing, shouting and dancing in the aisle of the coach - at one time this included the driver who if he wasn''t drunk gave a fair passing impression of one who was. This from someone who resents the often enforced jovilaity that infects so much of modern day support.

It reduced us to the level of figures of fun. Not so much Bouedicia as "bor, did ya see ''er".

If we are to go down then lets go down with dignity. With passion, with noise and a definite promise to come back the season after - but not as James Cagney being dragged kicking and screaming to the electric chair.

Sadly this will be one of those moments that the club (and fans) will forever be reminded of. I now hope she has the good grace to treat herself the same way a fan would have been had they invaded the pitch to berate the board.

A fan who might have naively thought that the club belonged to him as opposed to someone who knows who it really belongs to.

When you''re finished with it luv, some of would like it back.

Horrified and dismayed at the total lack of form by the majority shareholder of NCFC last night. Can you imagine Geffrey Watling or Arthur South doing just that & letting us all down in front of our visitors?

The joy of football is that the spontaneous voice & verdict of the age-old chanting/singing/cheering/silence of supporters speak a message.

Directors and Boards ignore even quiet fans at their peril. Listen,woman!

Its called "burying the bad news"

Hucks is out for the season, the new infill will be ripped down as they didn''t get planning permission, and the club are actually £97m in debt.

But everyone has missed that press release.

Nice work DS.

And so it goes on - lots more features and articles in today''s papers together with several rather unflattering snapshots as well. The Daily Mail is a classic example.

However, Brazil on Talk Sport this morning was surprisingly supportive but I''m not absolutely sure what his motives are.

Well, it was said when we got promotion, one of the aims was to increase the profile of the Club and the City of Norwich

Job done Delia although I''m not sure if the mechanics used are what everyone had in mind at the time.

Delia talks to Sky Sports Live! (10:15)

Says she wanted to get the crowd singing like they did at Middlesborough; she cant ''wear a directors skin'' as shes too much of a fan, she forgot they were live on Sky and was desperate..

Says she wasnt blaming the fans but it was a plea from her heart. States if she had been sitting in the stand and said it no one would have batted an eyelid. Says she has a meal and some wine before the game, in response to newspaper claims that she was drunk, but never drinks during the game or at half time.

Says the supporters were nervous and the rallying cry didnt work! Couldnt understand why anyone would be offended by what she said. Says the media target her becuase shes a well known director and ''thats their bad luck''.

Says she cant say if Norwich will stay up as its a game of twists and turns but its not over yet etc.

Came across ok I thought.

[quote]Delia talks to Sky Sports Live! (10:15) Says she wanted to get the crowd singing like they did at Middlesborough; she cant ''wear a directors skin'' as shes too much of a fan, she forgot they were live...[/quote]

Sounds like a load of rubbish to me.

If she wanted to get the crowd singing why didn''t she just start a song? 

We/she knows that the press look for at games etc, so why make yourself an easy target and give the press the bulletts to shoot you down with?

If she wasn''t blaming the fans, why do most people seem to think she was?  Is it our fault because we misenterprited her message?  If she really can''t understand why people are upset then my opinion of her has dropped even lower!

She forgot we were live on Sky........ says it all really.

Sorry Meeky, I have to disagree with you. Having sat through both BBC and ITV''s national news, where even the presenters were wetting themselves, the only publicity Delia got us last night was national ridicule!.

Now I love the woman to death, she''s beautiful and intelligent.

Is this how our first season back in the premiership for 9 bloody years will be remembered?. Had any other supporter done this (she claims to be just an ordinary fan, yes?) they would have been arrested and banned from the ground!.

A black day, which will be hard to forget. Can I forgive her for bringing ridicule and shame on us?.

Of course I can and will in time, well she''s Delia ain''t she?.

I think people have blown this all out of preportion. Her position at the club has been questioned quite a few times in the past, like does she really care, she is not a real supporter etc. I think that anyone that was in any doubt can now be sure where she stands.

Add to that the fact that there are an awful lot of boo-boys around recently, not just at the matches but on boards like this, you get some sort of reaction. I think it just proves that she is passionate about the club and wants the best possible outcome for it. Another thing that people are continuously questioning.

I dis-agree with any of you that even suggest that our team has not performed and has under-achieved. You are prepared to back Ashdon but not McKenzie, yet Leon didnt play that big a part last season. For the Second Division (now league 1) they had a pretty similar goal tally. McKenzie wasnt really given a running start to this season was he?

I think our team has performed as well as I would  have expected it to. And I think that the one thing that we allways seem to lack, especially this season, is luck.

How many injuries to key players all at once? Ofcourse we have a small squad that was clear from the beggining of the summer. The only thing we really lack is a solid defence, and no matter what anyone suggests Malky would not have made any differece (other than the amount of orbiting satelites blown out of the sky!).

Things have to be taken in steps. We have a class young striker who will hopefully be with us for a few years now, along with quite a few young and quality players. Green is class and so is Lewis, so we know we have that covered for a while seeing that back up has been brought in for Green. I am not even convinced that Green will be going anywhere in the summer. There are too many other options available cheaper at the moment, especially with Russel Hoult reportedly wanting to leave WBA should they (which they are) go down.

At the end of the day, the fact that people have come on here to slag off Delia for showing her true colours (yellow and green) and then slag off the team and the club even though these last four years have been absoloutly amazing. I think she is right, ARE YOU SUPPORTERS OR WHAT?

Posted on behalf of Gary Medler (Barclayboy75):

Watching Delia having a rant was like seeing your Auntie having a go at the karaoke after a couple of gins. Here, therefore is a tribute to Delia in the form of a Gloria Gaynor anthem.

At first she was afraid she was petrified
Kept thinking she could never shout when sat by Michaels side
But then she spent so many nights thinking Worthy did it wrong
And she grew strong, once even broke into a song
And now she''s in, a half time race
To grab the PA on the pitch with that glazed look upon her face
They should have put the mike on lock they would have thrown away the key
If they''d have known for just one second that she would let her mouth run free

She had a go, we had a draw
We''d turn it round now and with the blues we''d wipe the floor
Was she the one who planned to wave clear thought goodbye
Start with a mumble and slowly raise it to a cry
Oh no thought I, cos this was live
But as long as she could raise a groan she''ll know were still alive
For she had all her thoughts to give and we had all the shame to live
But we''ll survive, we will survive...hey hey

(Cue music)

We were two goals to the good just to fall apart
So she just had to vent her spleen and open up her heart
But when she sees it on TV she''ll feel embarassed for herself
Canaries rocked, plucked-roasted drowned in laughing stock
But do you see...nobody knew
She''s not that docile little cook beloved of dumpling stew
We hoped for points and at one time expected three
Then our defence let in two goals but it''s the fault of you and me

Two yellow cards and so Matt Jonson said goodbye
We didn''t crumble, we didn''t lay down and die
Oh no thought I, cos this was live
If only we could keep the ball our chances were alive
But she had all her thoughts to give and we had all the shame to live
But we''ll survive, we will survive...... Ohhhh!

Skuffed shot by Fowler and a goal to make you cry
We took a tumble, I want to crawl away and die
Oh no thought I....... (fade)

Thanks

Gary Medler (Barclayboy75).

Will anyone be singing that at the Chelsea game.

I have to say I find it funny she says she wasn''t drunk.  Do you think she will blame her half-cut appearance on a "Bad Pint"  Classic excuse for all you teenagers out there.

See today''s Daily Express.

I don''t believe everything I read, but this looks like a balanced article and don''t doubt that most of its true. In an earlier post Duncan talked about her passion. Sometimes passionate people do irrational things.When it gets us as far as it has (would you sink your savings into a football club if you were rational?)  why do we want to beat ourselves up over this moment of irrationality? We know she means well, she puts her money where her mouth is, and who cares what the rest of the premiership, Coca Cola or anyone else thinks.

If I was her I''d need a bit of reassurance right now, so at 5.00 pm on Saturday lets hear it for her! If she walks away I cannot see anyone else waiting in the wings with either a cheque book or passion, and preferably both.

Do some of you think you might be overdoing the wounded/offended supporter bit? come on folks let''s get real here, at the very worst she''s put a smile on peoples face not murdered anybody!

That song is ace. Probably the best written song I have ever written on the site. Get it in the EDP!

I agree with comments that people are overdoing the ''offence'' bit. Delia is a passionate supporter and was simply trying to get the crowd going again.

I bet there are loads of people out there who would have done the same in her position. How many times have people posted emails moaning about the lack of noise from some areas of the ground? According to the Mail today she''d already had a go at some of the directors for not getting behind the team enough.

If you want to blame someone then ask what our press officer was doing - he should have spotted the danger and stopped this happening.

Personally I don''t think this will damage club. Most fans of other clubs that I''ve spoken to see it as a bit of a laugh and it comply confirms Delia as a truely passionate supporter. They would rather have her in their boardrooms than the stodgy, grey directors other clubs have.

[quote]Posted on behalf of Gary Medler (Barclayboy75): Watching Delia having a rant was like seeing your Auntie having a go at the karaoke after a couple of gins. Here, therefore is a tribute to Delia in th...[/quote]

Great song gary, well done

I have it on good authority that the developers of the "new" Wembley were so impressed by Delia''s impassioned plea that they are going to call the replacement Wembley Way......

"Letsbe Avenue" 

A bit easier to remember and to show the world we are behind delia and the club

WLY Delia

If you grab the mike

WLY Delia

Even when the words arent right

WLY delia

We love our club even moooore

WLY....

OTBC

Had to share this - sorry!

tomorrow lets hear it for Delia - We love you Delia we do, we love you......

today - enjoy

Recipe For Delia''s Carrow Cake

Ingredients

One tired and emotional TV chef, a free hospitality bar, 24,000 people, a microphone, a rotten football team and absolutely no shame whatsoever.

Follow instructions carefully...

1) Pickle your TV chef for several hours in a melange of whiskey, red wine and white spirit, with a side dish of either beef or salmon.

2) Pre-heat with a tense relegation battle, reaching boiling point just before kick-off.

3) Stir in two early goals to add flavour and raise expectations, taking care to ensure your TV chef is marinating nicely - you''ll know by checking the colour of her face against a packet of Walkers Prawn Cocktail crisps if you have some handy. If not, that''s a deep pink.

4) After 9-10 minutes of occasional agitation, drop in an away goal to add a little spice. Turn up the heat slightly - you may have to oil your TV chef a little to prevent sticking. Don''t be shy with the red wine. She won''t be.

5) Leave it bubbling nicely for a further 12 minutes before adding the vital ingredient - another away goal. Turn up to maximum heat and add white spirit, stirring continuously as your TV chef begins to crackle.

6) Ignore the smoke alarm and continue to heat until half-time, when you take your well done TV chef out of the oven and serve her whole in front of over 24,000 people.

7) Garnish her with a microphone, serve with a camera and then gorge yourselves as she shouts: "For the best fussball supporters in the world, we need a 12th man. Where are you? Where are you? Let''s be ''aving you. Come on!"

8) P*** yourself laughing.