Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Delia

surpised at the reaction as well. more people booing her than getting up and cheering. Highly dissappionted really. I agree with everything she said

I think people were upset because Delia was having a go at our fans who, in her own words, "are the best in the world", and who have given unconditional support all season despite some dire performances on the field. These are the fans who have just broken the Club record for season tickets, despite knowing that we''ll be watching Championship football as from August. Delia has been brilliant for the Club, but to come on to the field like that, especially in front of the cameras, was insulting, irritating and embarrassing. She has upset a lot of loyal supporters tonight.

"Where are you?"

I''ll tell you where I am Delia, I was sitting in the Barclay watching my team surrender a 15 minute two goal lead. I''ve been coming to Carrow Road a long time before you started to turn up, so don''t start having a go. 

You enter dangerous territory when you start criticising the fans.

A quite extraordinary performance of passion, intensity, and fandom.  More power to the elbow of Queen Delia I say.  The fans went a bit quiet and Delia said NO.... we are Norwich, we are Premier League, we are on telly, ..... let''s rumble.

August 64

How bizarre was that? What the tv coverage didn''t highlight was that Delia''s microphone cut out half way through what she was saying, or should I say screeching. So all we heard was "To the.......where are YOU!! WHERE ARE YOU!!!".

Taxi for Delia?

[quote]surpised at the reaction as well. more people booing her than getting up and cheering. Highly dissappionted really. I agree with everything she said[/quote]

Im sorry big A i have to disagree with you there most of us in the barclay give our all singing for our team , i along with a lot of fellow supporters were very dissapointed in here half time comments , to question our support is just not on i think she should stay off the wine and think before she opens her mouth next time,dont get me wrong she has done wonders for this club but just think before hand.

[quote]Just heard Delia on the pitch at half time Sounded to me as though she was 3 parts to the wind Too much sherry in the trifle Delia ?[/quote]

Sorry Delia but you got it wrong this time.

To come onto the pitch to ask where the fans were was bad enough, but to do it whilst we were live on Sky was a total embarrassment.

That sort of publicity we just do not need!

I was a bit embarrassed with her rant, maybe she''d had a centilitre of  meths or ''sudan 1''

She certainly looked a bit wild on Sky sports....I can''t for the life of me think why she did it? 

Maybe the pressure is getting to her........

Oh Well! 3 points against Chelski.....

what exactly did she say? Was the second game ive missed this season, and the pub in nottingham didnt put the sound on!

Was it a case of motivating the crowd? Or having a go at us?

What concerns me is that Nigel W has said all season how great the fans are and how behind the team we are. Now the majoriy shareholder obviously feels that we are not getting behind the team.

Right sentiment wrong time. What message does it send out, that she doesnt agree with Nigel when he has said all season we are behind the team? Could this be the beginning of the end for Worthy?

[quote]"Where are you?" I''ll tell you where I am Delia, I was sitting in the Barclay watching my team surrender a 15 minute two goal lead. I''ve been coming to Carrow Road a long time before you started to t...[/quote]

Absolutely agree.  We had the lead and threw it away, simple as that.

At the time I didn''t hear what Delia was saying.

I remember when she used to wear an Ipswich scarf..........  I wouldn''t touch one, never mind wear one

What an embarrassment.  And, of course, it''s all over the papers today. Thanks a lot Delia.

And which bright-spark gave her the microphone in the first place?

Come on- get off her back! She acted rashly out of passion!

Any of you been guilty of that?

Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone and all that.......

I am afraid Delia got it wrong last night.  Despite the fact that our expectations this year have not been met (only 3 home wins and no away wins - worst defence in the league - worst goal difference etc etc) the fans have been magnificent both home and away. The only possible criticism being when some people left early during the Middlesborough match, but even then I CAN understand why they did leave.  We have bought our seasons for next year in our tens of thousands to further show our support.

The team then proceed to squander a 2 goal advantage in what was a CRUCIAL match and Delia chose to criticise us publicly, on television? Sorry, girl, wrong timing A case of taking "celebrity" a step too far I think.

[quote]What an embarrassment. And, of course, it''s all over the papers today. Thanks a lot Delia. And which bright-spark gave her the microphone in the first place?[/quote]

Just be eternally grateful that she wasn''t wearing a ra ra skirt anf pom poms - now that would have been embarrasing

How would Delia like it if she was in the process of filming the baking of some important scones, and doing really well, but then all of a sudden dropping them on the floor, and then one of us came in and said:

”To the best cook in the world.  You need to make these scones better!  Where are they!?  Where are they!?  Let’s be having them!”

She wouldn’t like it at all would she?

It is the highly paid allegedly profoessional players that a kick up the arse not the fans. The club is a joke and the you might go down but you''ve earned a lot of respect is just patronising.

:

I would like to thank Delia 4 everything she has done but she got it badly wrong last night! No wonder Norfolk has a backward reputation with stuff like that, we this season have always been an embarrassment on the field but now we have reached new lows!!!

Did people boo her when she did it?

[quote]I think people were upset because Delia was having a go at our fans who, in her own words, "are the best in the world", and who have given unconditional support all season despite some dire performanc...[/quote]

Bang on about the season tickets Link.

To go out and criticise the fans is bad enough but to do it live on Sky Tv was embarrassing to the club and insulting to people who spend their hard earned cash to turn up on a snowy Monday evening.  I could understand if she was saying it in a slightly jokey way but it didn''t come across that way.

She made the club and herself look really stupid.  I live in Southampton and no-one is talking about the game, just laughing at Delia!

[quote]I would like to thank Delia 4 everything she has done but she got it badly wrong last night! No wonder Norfolk has a backward reputation with stuff like that, we this season have always been an e...[/quote]

I think she missed a trick actually, she should have absailed down the Geoffrey Watling stand with one of those Royal Marines, microphone in hand! Then should could have threatened the Barclay with a bit of unarmed combat - that that would have been stylish

I didn''t actually detect any boos but possibly I was cringing so much I couldn''t hear it. I think most people were like "what the hell is she doing?" I thought she was an embarrassment to herself and didn''t do the club (or the fans) any favours. I felt patronised. I remember after the Gillingham game (?)at home last year Nigel had a bit of go at us in the press after the game for be edgey/nervous. Possibly Delia just thought it was worth taking the risk, but I can''t help feeling this backfired. It''s all on all the radio stations this morning, Radio 1, Talk Radio etc. As if things aren''t bad enough eh?

Well Ive just seen it on TV and it looks as embarrassing as it was to be there, its probably a good job the mic cut out so the crowd couldnt hear what she was saying, otherwise im sure she would have been boo''ed. I think at the time it was just a bit bewildering as we couldnt hear what she was saying - I thought she was having a go at the Man City fans..Turns out it was us..

Can''t believe your all having a go at Delia. She''s a proud and passionate supporter.How much money has she put into the club? How much effort? How much publicity does she get us? How much does she love the club?
SHE HAS NOTHING EVER EVER TO APOLOGISE FOR. EVER.
How did you feel when Huckerby signed? Who do you think did that for you? Who found most of the money? Who was willing to take a chance? Who looked after his wife and family - and ensured that he played the best football of his life here and made him love the club? Who did that? Who created an environment where young players can learn and improve. Where they are treated like adults. An environment that lured the best young centre forward of his generation here. Who do you think did that? Who has transformed Carrow Road into one of the best stadia in the country. Who has taken us from financial basket case to stability. Who has taken a club that was being torn apart by disputes and changed it into one where we are all pulling the same way. Who did that? Who has given up a career as one of the leading TV stars in the country, one of the bestselling authors in the country, to do her all for Norwich City? Who was that? Who supported the fans of this club by boycotting the Everton board? Do you think Sheepshanks or his ilk would do that for their fans

Meeky, no one is doubting what she has done for the club but face up to the fact she made us look like a joke, although to be fair I think she has embarrassed herself more than anyone.

Wanted to see what town fans were making of the whole thing, as u can imagine she and we r getting slated, one example being this song - thought it had potential, just kinda tailed of near the end i felt!!

when i was in a norwich pub
I asked delia, what''s it to be?...
will it be whisky? will it be gin? heres what she said to me...
I''lllllll.... have just the one
and then another one...
and then another one...
I''ll have just the one....

I''lllllll.... have just the one
and then another one...
and then another one...
I''ll have just the one....

(then a chant of)
lets be avin you!
lets be avin you!
lets be avin you!

[quote]Can''t believe your all having a go at Delia. She''s a proud and passionate supporter.How much money has she put into the club? How much effort? How much publicity does she get us? How much does she lov...[/quote]

And by the way with out the FANS it wouldn''t matter would it , lets not forget about them should we because lets face it without our brilliant support this club would be in division 2 by now . It don''t matter a didly squat how much money you put in to a club it does not give you the right to question your own supporters
support in front of a live sky football match especially considering how good the support has been this season in the face of some difficult fixtures.
I have just got back from work after taking stick from my work mates and then that idiot Rob Chandler enjoying every minute of it by continuously playing what she said on radio broadland, and then to see it on sky sports and my god its even more embarrassing than when there on the night what was she thinking of.

No one is questioning the passion and commitment of Delia.

However the press are having a field day with this, its on heavy rotation on Sky Sports News, on their website you can download the video, even on the Sky News main site theres a picture feature showing some rather unflattering stills.

No one seems to have pointed out to the press though that the tannoy system failed and our bemusement was due to the fact we couldnt hear what she was saying.

I honestly think it would have been worse if we had have heard it.

I''m sorry but the way I see it Delia got this one wrong.  I can see she was clearly passionate but rounding on the fans is the wrong way to go.  The atmosphere didn''t seem that bad at all and there was no booing.  As a group of fans I''m thoroughly proud of how we have conducted ourselves this season.  We''ve been magnificent.  Taking thousands all over the country, singing our hearts out and having a packed FCR week in, week out.  Add this to the 20,000 season ticket mark we''re looking set to reach next season, I don''t think she can have too many complaints about the fans 

I thought it was a pretty embarassing display

Sometimes when people are passionate, they can look foolish to others.  I like the fact that Delia is passionate about Norwich City.  However I think the Lower Barclay and Snakepit have been fantastic, this last two seasons especially, and it is really difficult to sing all the time, every game especially after the disappointment of losing a two goal lead. I''m sure Delia didn''t mean it to sound too critical but instead wanted to encourage the support. Perhaps however she should have faced a different direction in the stadium when making her remarks since there are four stands and it would be great if we in the Barclay had some help with the singing from elsewhere in the ground!