Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Grant Holt to Sunderland

No real surprise there. Ties in with wanting to be nearer to ''home''. Sunderland are hardly short of money though, so hopefully we''d be getting a decent fee. Interesting to see if it''d be comparable/more than the £6m West Ham were supposedly prepared to offer.

[quote user="mrdi"]No real surprise there. Ties in with wanting to be nearer to ''home''. Sunderland are hardly short of money though, so hopefully we''d be getting a decent fee. Interesting to see if it''d be comparable/more than the £6m West Ham were sup posedly prepared to offer.[/quote]

Do we know the results of his meeting with Hughton then or are Talk psort doing what they do best and talk crap. untill its sent as a sms to my phone he''s staying here.

Of course, this could well be more Talk5hite hyperbole. However, any truth in it wouldn''t be a surprise. Which was my point.

Well they got 6 million loan fee for gyan going to al sadd and theyre now getting the same again fora permanent deal so they can stump up the full 6 million in cash with no addons

well they aint keen.

Originally Posted by Paxton

I''d rather have Emile Heskey than Holt.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=713088&page=2#ixzz1zYbSpx79

I posted the Holt to Sunderland rumour on here the day after his handed in his initial transfer request. It was reported by a BBC journo who said that O''Neil would fancy Holt as his big man, having previously tried for Kevin Davies of Bolton.

I''ve always fancied Holt for a move to Sunderland. It means he can return home. Ideal fit for him, and us too if we get enough money. I''d be happy with £4.5m.

Good , quite frankly fed up to the back teeth of hearing Grant Holt stories , sooner he''s gone the better and in our position we should be ale to afford to replace him easily enough .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cartman View Post

mate you are wasting your time, he''s another one who isn''t good enough for us

People need to reaslise we are an average unglamourous mid table team and we will struggle to attract players, Holt or Fletcher would be good signings and certainly better than we have already
Bent
Gyan
Malbranque
Hutton (loan)
Muntari (loan)
Cattermole
Larrsson
Sessegnon
Gordon
Brown
O''Shea
Wickham
Gardner

The above signings would suggest otherwise.

For less than glamourous, average Premiership sides see Norwich, Swansea, West Brom, Wigan, Reading, Southampton.

Stop embracing your inferiority complex.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote user="Ncfc"] sooner he''s gone the better and in our position we should be ale to afford to replace him easily enough .
[/quote]

Not sure he will be that "easy" to replace. I mean we are talking about our top goal scorer for the last 3 seasons, our captain and generally one of the best centreforwards the club has had.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Ncfc"] sooner he''s gone the better and in our position we should be ale to afford to replace him easily enough . [/quote]

Not sure he will be that "easy" to replace. I mean we are talking about our top goal scorer for the last 3 seasons, our captain and generally one of the best centreforwards the club has had.

[/quote] One of the best centre forwards we have had , really ? i wouldnt put him anywhere near the best we have had ,ability wise he would not even come close to Dean Ashton . Lower league striker who struck it lucky joining City just as the club took off , i doubt he will ever make much of an impact in the top flight again , you do not spend just about all of  your career in the bottom two leagues if you really are class do you ?

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Ncfc"] sooner he''s gone the better and in our position we should be ale to afford to replace him easily enough .
[/quote]

[/quote] One of the best centre forwards we have had , really ? i wouldnt put him anywhere near the best we have had ,ability wise he would not even come close to Dean Ashton . Lower league striker who struck it lucky joining City just as the club took off , i doubt he will ever make much of an impact in the top flight again , you do not spend just about all of  your career in the bottom two leagues if you really are class do you ?
[/quote]

Sour grapes.

He may not have the technical ability of Dean Ashton but he has simply been brilliant for Norwich City in getting the ball in the back of the net, winning us points, getting us 2 promotions and playing a major part in keeping us in the Premier League.

He has just been absolutely top drawer for Norwich City.

I have to say I agree with GJP on this one he has been first class for City up until now. Although this has now dragged on far too long like a dour story line from a tv soap series and it definitely needs to end one way or another!! I''m at the stage now where i''m not bothered what happens!! (I know i should be but i''m just p!ssed off with all now to be honest).

Sour grapes ? no , i just think Norwich fans have built him up into something he is not , he has done well the last three years but how the team has been playing most strikers would have done equally well .Hes coming up to 32 imo if we turn down £5 million for him we must be stark raving bonkers , there  are better strikers out there , in fact i would rather of had the young up and coming Rodriguez up front next season .

Holt is a huge player for us. Regardless of whether you think he is technically great, he has lots of other great qualities including his link-up play, leadership, and of course the fact he has scored an incredible amount of goals for us in three seasons. And lets not forget, he has now done this at the top level too.

Perhaps there is no way back for him now, and there''s no doubt his and his agent''s behaviour and timing has been extremely poor, naive and disrespectful to the fans, but to suggest he hasn''t been immense for us and lucky, as Jim says, stinks of someone trying to be deliberately disparaging.

Holt to Sunderland with Wickham coming in on loan i am sensing. Not sure how i feel about it, i hope we get a good price for Holt. my major concern is using up one of our 2 loan spots on Wickham- he is a quality player but didn''t perform last year. People need to remember that this guy was fancied much more than Rhodes a few years ago and most people on this board would be happy to see Rhodes replace holt this summer. i expect Wickham could do a job for us, so long as he isn''t given stick from the minute he joins.

GJP so it was all down to Holt was it that we got promoted twice and stayed up last season? Bit disrespectful to the other players that contributed especially as most of his goals were set up by the others!!!! He doesnt want to be here so get the best price and get him out!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]GJP so it was all down to Holt was it that we got promoted twice and stayed up last season? Bit disrespectful to the other players that contributed especially as most of his goals were set up by the others!!!! He doesnt want to be here so get the best price and get him out!!![/quote]Really?

Get in Holty and Baldyboy? All your anti Holt messages have proven to be incorrect.

As far as your last post re Holt scoring from others assists. Quit true but how many did he lay on for others?

Simply without him last year we would have been relegated Hope your not too disappointed :-)

[quote user="baldyboy"]GJP so it was all down to Holt was it that we got promoted twice and stayed up last season? Bit disrespectful to the other players that contributed especially as most of his goals were set up by the others!!!! He doesnt want to be here so get the best price and get him out!!!
[/quote]

Yeah but I didn''t really say that, did I? And I certainly did not disrespect any other players. So please try not to post such nonsense.

I just made the point that he has been awesome for Norwich.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Get in Holty and Baldyboy? All your anti Holt messages have proven to be incorrect. As far as your last post re Holt scoring from others assists. Quit true but how many did he lay on for others? Simply without him last year we would have been relegated Hope your not too disappointed :-)[/quote]

Most important signing of the summer Bury[Y]

Anyone would think that Sunderland are in the champions league reading their comments on Grant. ''Heskey a better bet than holty''....sheer madness.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I posted the Holt to Sunderland rumour on here the day after his handed in his initial transfer request. It was reported by a BBC journo who said that O''Neil would fancy Holt as his big man, having previously tried for Kevin Davies of Bolton. I''ve always fancied Holt for a move to Sunderland. It means he can return home. Ideal fit for him, and us too if we get enough money. I''d be happy with £4.5m.[/quote]

I suggest you might like to stick in an application to re-sit your Geography GCSE.

And this is the same talksport that reported last week he would be a west ham player.

Bunch of eedjits.

I love you GH and I want to have your babies

[quote user="Ncfc"]Good , quite frankly fed up to the back teeth of hearing Grant Holt stories , sooner he''s gone the better and in our position we should be ale to afford to replace him easily enough .
[/quote]

Hope you and everyone like you are choking on your cornflakes

After reading - some - of the over-inflated Sunderland fans'' nonsense I would just *love* it if the ''31 year old plodder'' stuck a couple past them next season. We won''t have Lambert''s nervousness about daring to come up against his guru to hold us back next time either.