Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Nicklas Helenius

Apparently we''re in for him. [url]http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7847815/Prem-clubs-check-on-AAB-starlet[/url]Anyone know anything about him?!

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Nothing, other than his name sounding like a Harry Potter spell.[/quote]
LMAO. Nicely done.

Although Youtube is highly dodgy in regards to demonstrating ability, from that link he looks like he''d struggle against better defenders.Bear in mind that he''s not up against top class players here, and still doesn''t look amazing.Still, on a cheap deal for fee and wages he might be worth a punt.

He''s 6ft 5 and looks pretty good with the ball at his feet aswell.

He has potential to be quite good player. Danish league isnt the worst league in Europe, but it doesnt shine quality either. Somewhere around Championship level I would say. So worth of shot if scouted right.

Have watched him to play in U-21 of Denmark and he has awesome shot and as a very tall youngster he is quite good with his feet and not too slow either.

He is quite a risk, but could develope new "Holt" for us with right coaching and if he got the right attitude. I have definetely seen worse players in premiership.

[quote user="Lavanche"]Danish league isnt the worst league in Europe, but it doesnt shine quality either. Somewhere around Championship level I would say.[/quote]

Interesting, wonder how we would get on against Brøndby or Copenhagen given you say they are Championship level!

His agent has said he may not be ready for Premiership football yet so any deal needs to have plans for his development , looks more like one for the future than a Holt replacement

Going on the basis of the youtube footage, i would honestly say this guy looks quality. He certainly has something. Would be very pleased if we signed him. 6ft 5 and only just 21, would be an excellent signing.

I wonder what standard Grant Holt was at when aged 21? This lad seems to have a lot of attributes, but when defenders stand off like that any striker is going to look decent. He''d be a good replacement for Wilbraham - and at the right fee probably a far better buy than someone like Connor Wickham!

McNally has said there is no truth in this when asked on Twitter, I tend to believe him as he doesn''t reply to every post to him

Could be covering up the interest, but I tend to believe.

The German team I support have signed 2 cheap strikers from the Norwegian league over the past 5 years that are class - Abdellaoue & Ya Konan so the quality is in these leagues for a step up to the top European Leagues

The report says "on our radar", which may mean that we have noted him, are looking at him, or merely that our scouts were observed watching him play. It may mean very little. It may even mean that having looked, he''s not exactly among our most desired signings.

I am not hopeful about Toivonnen, who seemingly knows nothing about the Premiership, and wants time to think, i.e. see if one of the big boys comes in for him. Niklas could be a good fall back if Toivonnen rejects our interest. Helenius has a good record at U21 and for Albourg, and he is young and will develop further. His height, 6 foot 5 inches, could give him an advantage, e.g. as a target man for RvW.

I doubt whether he would cost as much as Toivonnen, but I really have no idea. It''s good to know that we have looked widely across Western Europe at any rate. The scouts and CH back home seem to have been busy.