Lansbury

A new centre half not really sure who is available

Out

Barnett

Ademyi loan

Smith loan

Chris Martin

Rhodes way way overpriced

Pacheco really nice chap but I don''t think he really did that much while on loan, and we didn''t play him that much while on loan in the Championship.

Lansbury again he is good but we didn''t play him that much when we were in the Championship.

I wouldn''t go for any of these 3. I think we should be aiming for better players.

I don''t really want anyone out as I don;t dislike any of our players these days but in terms of who I think will leave then Whitbread and Wilbraham are obviously going and i would be surprised if Barnett doesn;t follow them. I also think Drury is off.

I very much hope we keep Fox and Jackson and I would also keep Ward as a back up CB.

If the above happens then I would say we need:

Right back - Gunter/Naughton/Clyne

Left back - ??

Centre Back - Curtis Davies

Defensive CM - ??

Striker/AM - Snodgrass/Philips/????

I would also like to see us get one of either Matt Phillips or Thomas ince both very talented players. I know what your saying about Pacheco and Lansbury but I think Pacheco fits into the lambert mould he is very very hungry to succeed and that philosophy has done us so well over the last 3 seasons and coming from Barcelona and Liverpool he is of good pedigree

Outs for me

Barnett, Chris Martin

Possible outs dependent upon ins Crofts,Surman,Jackson

Ins

Gunter and or Naughton, Curtis Davis, Ince or Philips,Snodgrass, Pachecco and 1 striker.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Rhodes way way overpriced Pacheco really nice chap but I don''t think he really did that much while on loan, and we didn''t play him that much while on loan in the Championship. Lansbury again he is good but we didn''t play him that much when we were in the Championship. I wouldn''t go for any of these 3. I think we should be aiming for better players.[/quote]......pacheco was brought in in the championship season to "help out" the team we already had, not replace any of them, same with lansbury, so the fact they didn''t start every game means nothing. if we get them on a permanent deal this will mean that they are a part of our 25 man squad and not backups. personally, i hope we get both of them, while, not being the finished article, both have excellent potential which i am sure our managerial team will bring out.

from what I saw of Rhodes in the play off final Huddersfield can keep him!!! He certainly wouldnt be worth 3 mil in my opinion never mind the 8 mil being quoted by their chairman!!!

Rhodes has a nick name of Mr. Anonymous due to the long periods he''s out of the game, then, BANG ! He puts it in the back of the net. Which is all you want from a striker.

IN                    OUT

C Davies          Whitbread

C Gunter           Naughton

A N Other         Ward

L Bridcutt          Crofts

M Emnes            Martin C

Pacheco

Snodgrass or Emnes?

2 Loans hopefully defensive Naughton again would be nice.

Need defensive cover perhaps 3 2 FB''s and 1 CB and defensive midfielder and a new striker, imho the OUTS should go to make room in 25 squad just not good enough.

In - Stephen Caulker, Curtis Davis, Kyle Naughton, Alexander Tettey, Robert Snodgrass, Henri Lansbury, Kenwyn Jones to replace Grant Holt if he leaves.

Out - Elliot Ward, Andrew Crofts, Chris Martin, Leon Barnet, Korey Smith (Loan), Tom Adeyemi (Loan), Adam Drury,

Out - Ward, Barnett, C Martin, Smith (Loan), Steer (Loan).

In - Naughton, Pacheco, Lee Chung-yong, Snodgrass, a big tough CB cheap from Europe, a completely unknown but awesome skilful striker in the Cisse/Ba mold. Keep Drury and Lappin and find another LB in January.

In:

Naughton

Snodgrass

Caulker (Swansea probably in pole position though)

A striker (not Rhodes)

Out:

Chris Martin

Elliott Ward

Leon Barnett - loan

Tom Adeyemi - loan

Korey Smith -loan

why is everyone saying curtis davies; he''s sh*t!?

IN-

naughton, if not gunter

snoddgrass

tomkins

jarvis

pacheco

OPTIMISTIC BUYS-

reus  (german league)

bertrand on loan

gonalons (french league)

pastore (french league)

OUT-

c. martin

drury (unfortunately)

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]Is that Paris St Germain''s Javier Pastore? The one they paid Palermo 40 Million Euro for?[/quote]

It appears to be, and Reus who Dortmund are signing for 17.5m Euros. I would imagine Miggins is on a wind up.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]

why is everyone saying curtis davies; he''s sh*t!?

IN-

naughton, if not gunter

snoddgrass

tomkins

jarvis

pacheco

OPTIMISTIC BUYS-

reus  (german league)

bertrand on loan

gonalons (french league)

pastore (french league)

OUT-

c. martin

drury (unfortunately)

[/quote]
Jarvis and Tomkins are completely unrealistic! Jarvis is quoted as being worth 10 million pounds and Tomkins is a mainstay in a West Ham side that just got promoted.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]why is everyone saying curtis davies; he''s sh*t!?[/quote]Because he''s realistic at least, unlike your ''optimistic'' (Read - Ridiculous) suggestions.Players like Pastore and Reus were signed for massive chunks of money, and I doubt we could afford either of them using our entire transfer budget, never mind pay their wages.I don''t mind optimism, but crazy suggestions like this go too far, who''s next - Dzeko, Rooney or Messi????

Out,

Drury

Barnett

Hoolahan

C Martin

Jackson

In,

Pacheco,

Snodgrass,

T Necid,

Naughton,

Gunter,

[quote user="Indy"]

Out,

Drury

Barnett

Hoolahan

C Martin

Jackson

In,

Pacheco,

Snodgrass,

T Necid,

Naughton,

Gunter,

[/quote]

In your ''0uts'' you used the "H" word. Blasphemy.

Since we''re playing real life Fifa...

Out:

Simeon Jackson

Simon Lappin

Chris Martin

Elliott Ward

Leon Barnett

Tom Adeyemi - loan

Korey Smith -loan

In:

Salomon Kalou - Free

Mohammed Diame - free

Tranquillo Barnetta - free

Serdar Tasci CB

Zdravko Kuzmanovic CDM

Nathaniel Clyne RB

Erin Derdiyok STR from Bayer Leverkusen

Nacer Chadli LW from FC Twente

Douglas - CB from FC Twente

[quote user="Murray Hewitt"]Since we''re playing real life Fifa... Out: Simeon Jackson Simon Lappin Chris Martin Elliott Ward Leon Barnett Tom Adeyemi - loan Korey Smith -loan In: Salomon Kalou - Free Mohammed Diame - free Tranquillo Barnetta - free Serdar Tasci CB Zdravko Kuzmanovic CDM Nathaniel Clyne RB Erin Derdiyok STR from Bayer Leverkusen Nacer Chadli LW from FC Twente Douglas - CB from FC Twente[/quote]

It''s all very well off-loading the likes of Simeon Jackson, Elliot Ward and Simon Lappin but we need decent back-up players in the squad who we know can do a job when required. Norwich City cannot afford to have more high profile or more expensive players than these sitting on the sidelines or even permanently on the bench. We are not yet Manchester City.

These three pros are valuable to our Club in their present role for the time being. 

Leon Barnett comes in for a lot of stick, but I think the best is yet to come from him and he may well flourish with a decent Championship side. I think Chris M. could follow that route also''

The two youngsters could be loaned out. 

Lansbury was brilliant for us....so confused that he doesn''t get any praise. His assist for holts 2nd against Ipswich was beautiful. He connected play wonderfully in the championship and as a bonus he scored too. The only problem could be competition from wet spam....

What you''re implying is that we''d bring new players in and not play them. The new players that come in have to be better therefore pushing the current stock to to the bench to be used as back up players therefore pushing the overall quality of the squad up and having strength in depth. The players I''ve listed as out aren''t going to be useful to push the team forward.

Leon and Chris (and you can add crofts to that list too) are at best, championship players-not what we need, and it''s no good just having them on the books for the odd cup run.

[quote user="Murray Hewitt"]What you''re implying is that we''d bring new players in and not play them. The new players that come in have to be better therefore pushing the current stock to to the bench to be used as back up players therefore pushing the overall quality of the squad up and having strength in depth. The players I''ve listed as out aren''t going to be useful to push the team forward. Leon and Chris (and you can add crofts to that list too) are at best, championship players-not what we need, and it''s no good just having them on the books for the odd cup run.[/quote]

I get your point, but it''s a balancing thing with NCFC. There is only so much to be spent on incomings and I cannot see more than six new players coming in this Summer. With Wilbraham, Martin, Whitbread, Barnett and, as you say Crofts, out with a couple out on loan that six will fill the gaps (I am unsure of the age thing re: K.Smith.) Should we unload Jackson, Lappin and Ward as well then the squad would be short on numbers and there would be an expensive shortfall to fill in. These three are ours, relatively cheap to run and reliable when called upon. 

Great post Murray. We need players that are better than what we have if we are to push on. I would love to see Lansbury and Pacheco here as they are top lads who seem to want to be a part of things here, but they were both on the bench a lot in our Championship season, and Lansbury wasn''t always a starter for West Ham this season. Saying that, they are both young so still developing and who better to bring the best out of them than St Paul of Lambert.

I would love nothing more than to see them both here and good enough to start every game, but at the minute, personally, I don''t see it.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Unsure why everyone thinks Pacheco would be a good signing.[/quote]As has been said on numerous threads recently, he''s young, has bags of potential (clearly as signed by Barca and Liverpool), will fill a role we don''t have ideal cover for (Wes), he''s showed some class touches and vision in the limited time on loan, and despite this short time on loan appears to have developed a real love for the club.He''s also likely to be relatively inexpensive and wants to make an impact after getting shafted by his previous clubs.That''s why I think he''d be a good signing - so why don''t you think he would be?