Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Is anyone disapointed how Lambert has done this?

I must admit to being very disappointed at the way Lambert has handled his, not surprised given that he did the same to join us.

I’m sure there are 7,000 Colchester fans with grins saying we told you so!

Lambert will always be a legend for what he achieved here but like Holt this latest incident has left me sour towards they guy!

Football is football and I believe Lambert new he was on his way out after his speech at the Villa game! As I posted before not a speech from a manager looking forward more a thank you for the last three years.

Sour taste to this summer, what with Holt and Lambert now, the club need to move and quick to get the right man in, sort out Holt and make those signings which will turn heads.

Could be a long hard summer and very long season coming up! Unless MacNally can pull a good one out the bag.

We the 12th best side in the country, we have 27,000 seater stadium full every game, we have a good young squad and we will be debt free by next season.

What manager would not want join Norwich, Culverhouse your time has come to step up as the Norwich manager and go get Bowen as your number two, QPR & Mark Hughes is not for you Bowen, come home!

"I’m sure there are 7,000 Colchester fans with grins saying we told you so!"

There are 27,000 Norwich fans now following a Premier League team!

I don''t think Lambert had any options apart from this way. The board were obviously standing in his way (as they should do) so he had to make a drastic move. Whether he leaves like this, or any other way, it doesn''t matter - he is one of Norwich''s greatest ever managers and will be remembered fondly for many years to come I''m sure.

Not at all disappointed with how PL has handled it. That''s how it''s done these days, and anyone expecting any different is probably still living in the old days of  club ties and gentlemen''s handshakes. I''m not necessarily saying I like the way these things happen nowadays, but that''s the world of Premier League football for you. Be honest - you all knew it would happen this way, didn''t you?[:O]

He has form on this so we can''t complain too much.What he''s left us is little short of a miracle and now it''s down to the club to take us forward from here.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I don''t think Lambert had any options apart from this way. The board were obviously standing in his way (as they should do) so he had to make a drastic move. Whether he leaves like this, or any other way, it doesn''t matter - he is one of Norwich''s greatest ever managers and will be remembered fondly for many years to come I''m sure.[/quote]He will for what was achieved, but he''ll be also remembered how it all ended.  Similar to Walker.

No, he wanted to speak to Aston Villa and the club said no.  I would have done exactly the same as Paul Lambert.

Dave Whelan is a great example of how a chairman should deal with this situation.  Saying no to Burnley was the right thing to do, but whatever way we look at this Aston Villa are a bigger club.  McNally should have let him go and talk.  Lambert would be happy and we would know what we are playing against.

Lambert has form for this sort of thing. He knows his own mind. Knows when it''s time to move on. That time is now. Best manager we ever had. Will never be forgotten here. Saying that, I hope we f*****g stuff Villa when he brings them here next season.

I must admit to being very upset and angry about the way he has gone about this. Just shows what type of person he really is, just out for himself and to line his own pockets. I would have thought after the superb 3 seasons he has had with us it would have been a much more difficult decision to make but it does not seem that way. I suspect Paul Lambert has not got as much BOTTLE as we all may think he has got. Next season was going to be the most testing of all for Lambert and I guess he recognised that and decided to jump ship, while the going was still good. He has taken the easy way out and looks like going to another club whose fortunes can only get better to make himself look like a hero again. Good riddance I say, onwards and upwards. Bring in someone with a bit more back bone about them. Chris Hughton for me!!

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]He has form on this so we can''t complain too much.What he''s left us is little short of a miracle and now it''s down to the club to take us forward from here.[/quote]Agreed. Time to look ahead and give the new manager our full support.I already thought this season would be tough, it has just got even harder. The last thing we can do is turn against the players and manager if we lose a few games early doors.

I hope it all goes wrong for him! Disloyal so and so!! Spouting off about how he loves it at Norwich and that he’s never said he want to leave etc! Then a week later, can’t get out quick enough! Well jog on son! Thanks for 3 good years but you’ve now fecked all over the fans! You will never be appreciated anywhere as much as you are here, and when Villa are bottom at Christmas and the fans are saying “Lambert Out”, NCFC will still be going strong! (I Hope!!!)

It''s not so much the way he''s done this, it''s really after what he said last week. I still wasn''t convinced, but still! This will leave a very bad taste around Carrow Road for months maybe years to come. I really wouldn''t be surprised if Holt went along with him too. Villa lack a big man up front and he fits with what they''d need. We now need to go and get someone in who has the same passion to get players playing. Someone who when they say they love it here, they mean it. Someone with Norwich at heart.

Malky? Too soon for him imo.

Hughton? Will he do the same as Lambert and go when something bigger comes along?

Curbishley? Too long away and not the type we need.

My personal choice, and one that the board could make happen if they wanted to, would be Ian Culverhouse. Keep the set-up virtually the same. Keep the players on side and also, knows the players that we could get from the lower leagues. Continuity is key right now and he will provide it.    

OMFG has the world gone mad.  Hes got form on this!!! No he hasnt.  Norwich are a bigger club than Colchester, colchester said no off he want.  Aston Villa are a bigger club than Norwich, Norwich said no so off he goes.  Its not form, its an ambitious young manager bettering himself.  Hes 42, why wait here for the infastructure to be put in place when its ready made at Aston Villa.

Good luck Paul Lambert.  This is no ones fault, not Lamberts and not the Clubs.  Lets just get on with it.

It''s not the fact he''s gone, it''s how he''s gone about it. There are better ways of doing things, such as Brendan Rodgers leaving Swansea for Liverpool. He done it with more taste!!!

Why have so many turned Villa down then, if they are such a big club?

Why have Martinez, Rodgers and OGS all said no?

Lambert has gone about this by dropping a bomb shell and cutting all links to us, it could have benn discussed and kept in house!

Surely Lamber could have said to MacNally let me talk to Villa or I''m handing my notice in! There again had Norwich given permission the board would have been criticised. No win situation but a poor choice of club for Lambert to choose!

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

OMFG has the world gone mad.  Hes got form on this!!! No he hasnt.  Norwich are a bigger club than Colchester, colchester said no off he want.  Aston Villa are a bigger club than Norwich, Norwich said no so off he goes.  Its not form, its an ambitious young manager bettering himself.  Hes 42, why wait here for the infastructure to be put in place when its ready made at Aston Villa.

Good luck Paul Lambert.  This is no ones fault, not Lamberts and not the Clubs.  Lets just get on with it.

[/quote]Sooooooooooooo...... he''s got form on it then?

[quote user="peter2704"]It''s not the fact he''s gone, it''s how he''s gone about it. There are better ways of doing things, such as Brendan Rodgers leaving Swansea for Liverpool. He done it with more taste!!![/quote]

Eh? By saying I won''t go to Liverpool - then going to Liverpool a week later?

As I said before Lambert was backed into a corner by the Norwich board - they refused him permission to talk to Villa (who I''m sure he had already talked to anyway via agents) - so he had to threaten resignation to make it happen. He has dragged Norwich up from League One with astute signings and tactical knowledge, he doesn''t owe us anything as he has already given us everything we could have dreamed for after he was appointed.

for me he has acted like a petulant child, let me talk to Villa or i will throw my teddies out of the cot!!! When you are under contract to somewhere THEY hold the aces, you resign and lose your pay, simples. We should put him on gardening leave until Villa have a new manager and then see how much he loves the fans etc!!! Yes, I am bitter because he says he loves it here and does this, how two faced!!!

Brendan Rodgers was given permission to speak to Liverpool.  Cant blame him either, one of europes truly great clubs.  He revives their fortunes and hes a legend, if he doesnt then hes financially secure for the rest of his life and he gave it a good go.

The board should have let him speak to Villa.

And Cluck, its not form.  Its the only way he has been able to better himself.  I personally dont blame the bloke for anything.

Lambert is a football mercenary. We have benefited hugely from his time here, but the man has shown himself for what he truly is.

I''m not totally convinced things will work out for him at Aston Villa with fans that won''t give him a lot of time and are very hard to please. Lambert''s more functional style of football, like his mentor Martin O'' Neill, will not go down well even if it gets results. Villa fans were moaning when they were 6th, so if Lambert gets some abuse, he will have no complaints.

Dare I say Norwich need a young manager who hasn''t got ideas above his station. Actually, I''m quite excited who will be next. OTBC

He is not a football mercenary.  Hes an ambitious bloke who is moving himself up the football ladder.  Loyalty in football is very rare, this scenario was inevitable!! Hes taking a step up. 

Aston Villa fans, you are just another rung on the ladder by the way.  But he will leave you in good shape when he goes.

Some things never change.....Ron SaundersJohn BondMike WalkerMartin O''NeillPaul LambertIt''s part and parcel of supporting a medium-sized club like NCFC. Bigger clubs will poach our managers, and we in turn will poach from smaller clubs. It''s always been the same, and will probably continue the same.

[quote user="basil brush"]Lambert is a football mercenary. We have benefited hugely from his time here, but the man has shown himself for what he truly is.

I''m not totally convinced things will work out for him at Aston Villa with fans that won''t give him a lot of time and are very hard to please. Lambert''s more functional style of football, like his mentor Martin O'' Neill, will not go down well even if it gets results. Villa fans were moaning when they were 6th, so if Lambert gets some abuse, he will have no complaints.

Dare I say Norwich need a young manager who hasn''t got ideas above his station. Actually, I''m quite excited who will be next. OTBC[/quote]

I''m dreading who will be the next manager. We''re one appointment away from being relegation fodder at the foot of the Championship if we get it wrong. It''s that important. So many clubs are ruined by bad managerial appointments - who proceed to piss so much money up a wall on poor players on long contracts the finiancial health of a club is ruined leading to years in the wilderness. We''ve been there before and I for one do not want to go back.

Shut up Wiz. You and your goons have helped push Lambert out of here with your antics for causing trouble and bullshit stories which have now got to him.

You didn''t even trust Lambert, you were convinced he was leaving and so there you go your wish is granted.

Bloody binners have been here too long.

So how did you want him to do it?Come round your house and apologise in person first?

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[quote user="basil brush"]Lambert is a football mercenary. We have benefited hugely from his time here, but the man has shown himself for what he truly is. I''m not totally convinced things will work out for him at Aston Villa with fans that won''t give him a lot of time and are very hard to please. Lambert''s more functional style of football, like his mentor Martin O'' Neill, will not go down well even if it gets results. Villa fans were moaning when they were 6th, so if Lambert gets some abuse, he will have no complaints. Dare I say Norwich need a young manager who hasn''t got ideas above his station. Actually, I''m quite excited who will be next. OTBC[/quote]

I''m dreading who will be the next manager. We''re one appointment away from being relegation fodder at the foot of the Championship if we get it wrong. It''s that important. So many clubs are ruined by bad managerial appointments - who proceed to piss so much money up a wall on poor players on long contracts the finiancial health of a club is ruined leading to years in the wilderness. We''ve been there before and I for one do not want to go back.

[/quote]

Spot on and thats why we have to avoid people like Malkie,sorry I just don''t see him being the right choice for us, his career is about as drab as it gets, we have to aim higher we are now in a stronger position to attract a top name here