Sign in to follow this  
steveisace68

AWAY TICKET ALLOCATION NEEDS LOOKING AT

I think the way our away tickets are allocated needs re-visiting, I have been to six away games this season and my son seven (we are season ticket holders without stubs), we went to six or seven away games last season. On three occasions this season we have been " not selected in the ballot" in catergory three. I don''t think it is fair that people who don''t travel away at all apart from the glory games should be put into the same catergory as us. Today on Twiitter there where several comments such as " looking forward to my first away game of the season",  How is that a fair system. Why is it 9 stubs !!!! Am I just unlucky (don;t think so) or is the system open to corruption ???

Yawn.

Whatever the club do regarding away tickets, there will always be someone that misses out and moans about it.

How come you didn''t register 10 stubs if you have done 6 this season and 6 last year? It''s 10 in a year.

While im currently in group two ive thought for a while now they should do another group. I dont see why they cant do a group for people with five stubs. At the end of the day its unfair that people who have not been to a single away game all season have the same chance of getting one as someone who may have been to say 8 away games

[quote user="steveisace68"]

I think the way our away tickets are allocated needs re-visiting, I have been to six away games this season and my son seven (we are season ticket holders without stubs), we went to six or seven away games last season. On three occasions this season we have been " not selected in the ballot" in catergory three. I don''t think it is fair that people who don''t travel away at all apart from the glory games should be put into the same catergory as us. Today on Twiitter there where several comments such as " looking forward to my first away game of the season",  How is that a fair system. Why is it 9 stubs !!!! Am I just unlucky (don;t think so) or is the system open to corruption ???

[/quote]Fully agree, I''d been to Man City, QPR, Swansea, Fulham and Spurs but missed out on tickets for today. Was lucky that I managed to source one and went to the game.  The current system needs a total rework, time to go for a points based system that rewards supporters accordingly.

Totally agree, it was my 17th away game today and I couldn''t believe how many strangers were in the Norwich end.

If you''ve got a season ticket and 10 away stubs you''ll always get away tickets.

Next group is basically anybody with a season ticket so it''s really pot

T luck!

Group three is the one that needs looking at because as has been said far too many one away game a season fans get lucky.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Groups, groups???  Just phone up and book the tickets!  It worked for Newcastle away[Y][/quote]yeh but that isnt an option for all the biggest away games as they all sell out through the application process straight away

I totally agree that away tickets needs looking at, I have been a season ticket holder for almost 20 years now. I have been up and down the country for 10 years watching my beloved team, going to places like Grimsby, Luton, Crewe, Stockport and ect on cold winter, rainy nights/days watching utter garbage at times and relegations. For the first time EVER this season could not get away tickets for Arsenal or Tottenham! I think fans like me should be able to enjoy stadiums like the Emirates/White Heart lane. The club should have on record the amount of away game I have been to let alone my home season ticket for as long as I have had it! When I also know people that got tickets who just jumped on the band wagon when Norwich started doing well and not been to many away game if non this season! Before anyone says about why I haven’t got an away season ticket, this is because work and family comments from time to time stops me from going to away games, but I think I will be applying for one next season to make sure I get away tickets (I can always sell the games I cant get to as everyone seems to be a Norwich fan now days!)

Sorry rant over!

I''m in Priority group 2 so always get tickets, but I think the system does need to be looked at. Isn''t there this "Loyalty points" system that Man City and other clubs use? Where fans get a certain amount of points for each away game they attend and get more points for going to games that are further away, on a cold Tuesday night and not one of the "big" teams etc. Think that would be a fairer way.

Ben - I think that would be hard to quantify, but think that is a good idea. Points allocated on a league table basis, with games/points earmaked at the start of a season (and perhaps without any ''shifting'' of the points later in the season, depending on the scale of the game, as in the Grade prices for home games). What do you have to do to qualify for Group 2 etc? How is it worked out now?

I used to go to away games all the time many years ago (including the likes of Sunderland for a midweek game), but other commitments prevent me doing it all again, but would love to be able to hit the road again, but can see the arguments for the current fan who is being denied.

But I know it works well at other clubs so can''t see why it wouldn''t work here.

You need to be a season ticket holder with 10 away stubs from the last year to be in group 2. Then all season ticket holders and members with 10 away stubs are in group 3. After that it''s members in group 4 and everyone else n group 5 I think ..........

Part of the problem is if like me you only manage about 7/8 away games per season because then by virtue of the summer break some of the earlier season drop out because of the twelve month rule you are always playing catch up. I was unlucky in the Arsenal ballot but my Spurs stub gave me 10 stubs and although my Hull stub was a fortnight out of date they realised I could never catch up so the club kindly registered me under group 2 for next season, so I will just have to wait a little longer to visit the Emirates.

Perhaps there should be a graduated system or the Summer months could be discounted.

[quote user="Ben "]The stubs have to be registered within a year of each other. So I usually just register mine at the start of the season from last seasons stubs.[/quote]

[Y] Exactly what i do so you know exactly which games count in your 10.

The Club has recently stated that they are satisfied with the way the current system works and have no immediate intentions of changing the set up. However, as previously stated, the main problem is that Group 3 is just too big, given that we now have over 20,000 season ticket holders.

Personally, I agree that we should be considering a points based system, but it mustn''t be too complicated, otherwise that can also result in perceived injustices. For example, a Spurs supporting colleague recently informed me that their points system works on a 1 to 5 grading, but if you happen to go to two five point games you get preference over someone who has been to eight one point games! Personally, I think it should be simple with one point a game, with two points a game for televised games, say 4.00 pm on Sundays or Monday nights.

Although many are suggesting the need for at least one more Group (Season ticket holders with five stubs seems a popular sugestion) I also think (and this is going to be controversial for some) whatever revisions to the system are devised, there still has to be a small allocation set aside for fans who have no away tickets at all. Why? Because our away support is getting huge and some of the larger Clubs, such as Spurs and Arsenal, now have an almost exclusive "club" of supporters who go to all away games. Newcomers and infrequent travllers are virtually excluded. Is that where we want to be? 

I can also see no reason why we shouldn''t be working towards an online system, rather than this current paper based application system. This should assist with the administration of the ticket allocation system going forwards. However, one of the current problems the Club is facing, when away tickets go on general sale (and there have been a few games this season where this has happened) you can actually buy more than one away ticket with just one membership number. Nevertheless, this shouldn''t be a reason to prevent revisions to the current system. 

The problem is that this debate only ever comes up when there''s a game with massive demand (examples in the last three seasons being Arsenal, Ipswich, Colchester) and then drops off the agenda until the next time it happens again. For whatever reason the club are happy with the current system so if the debate only comes up once or twice a year then goes away again it won''t be enough to force change. A sustained campaign is required, which is where our various supporters'' consultative groups or whatever we have should be coming in.

s10_yellow, I think you''re under estimating the underlyiing feeling of discontent on this one, as there have been frequent posts on this BB on this subject over recent months. There''s also been numerous tweets on Twitter on the same topic.

What this really needs in some analysis of how many away games have been subject to the ballot, which groups the ballot applied to and how many games went to general sale. I''m not able to add any input here but all I willl say, after three unsuccessful ballot appilcations, I was more than happy to get a ticket for Arsenal. That''s probably of little comfort to those who didn''t and all I''d say is that the current system isn''t perfect and can be improved, so why stick with what we''ve got?

I made the point earlier in this thread that even if you do 6 away each season you still need 10 stubs in the twelve month period and sometimes they drop out before you can collect them. It would be better if the Summer months did not count in the twelve month period.

Hello All,

I did a huge 1000 word long email to Danny Casey at the NCFC Box Office at the weekend about potential changes to the current system which in my view is not fair to away travellers who do not get to 10 tickets but travel away to some games.

I’m sure NCFC staff look at this message board so I’m hoping that it has at least been read by now.

Cheers & OTBC,

Tim

Well done Tim, we actually excahnged tweets on this very subject a few days back.

I still think we may need a concerted campaign on this one, as the Club seems to take the view that there are no major problems with the current arrangements and there are no changes on the horizon. Now that the Club no longer seems to run their own online fan debates this season, the only options seem to be either the Pink Un weekly debates are a concerted Twitter campaign in order to bring it to the fore. They have 35,000 followers on line, so that may be one avenue to explore?

[quote user="GMF"]

Well done Tim, we actually excahnged tweets on this very subject a few days back.

I still think we may need a concerted campaign on this one, as the Club seems to take the view that there are no major problems with the current arrangements and there are no changes on the horizon. Now that the Club no longer seems to run their own online fan debates this season, the only options seem to be either the Pink Un weekly debates are a concerted Twitter campaign in order to bring it to the fore. They have 35,000 followers on line, so that may be one avenue to explore?

[/quote]

Not forgetting WOTB![:)]

I agree with most of the points raised here but I am a (super) member with 10 stubs (cat 3) and am concerned that if they added an extra category it could make it impossible for me to get tickets for popular away games. I''ve supported Norwich for 30 years but I live in the West and struggle to make it to that many home games (especially with the increase in petrol/trains costs). This season I went to 12 away games and 3 home games - so spent around £600 on tickets. I hope that any modification of the system would take people like me into account. The current system is not great but I at least have a chance of getting tickets for the big games. I was unsuccessful for Man U and Arsenal, but got a Spurs ticket so was reasonably happy. One further point is that it was only these 3 games where there was a ballot in group 3. The others were either ballots in groups 4 or 5 or went on general sale. So basically if you''re in group 3 you''re guaranteed about 16 away tickets if you want and then have a chance of getting one or two more through the ballot - so not too bad on the whole.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]Hello All, I did a huge 1000 word long email to Danny Casey at the NCFC Box Office at the weekend about potential changes to the current system which in my view is not fair to away travellers who do not get to 10 tickets but travel away to some games. I’m sure NCFC staff look at this message board so I’m hoping that it has at least been read by now. Cheers & OTBC, Tim[/quote]

Good luck with that Tim. In my experience however much you put into an email it often won''t even get an acknowledgement. Who''s Chairman of the Caps BTW?