Sign in to follow this  
steveisace68

AWAY TICKET ALLOCATION NEEDS LOOKING AT

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Good luck with that Tim. In my experience however much you put into an email it often won''t even get an acknowledgement. Who''s Chairman of the Caps BTW?[/quote]Gavin Cooper is the current Chairman.

I agree that this needs looking at, I''ve missed out in the ballot on numerous occasions, but got lucky with Spurs this year.  My issue with the point system is that the undesirable games will suddenly become more desirable.  I assume it would work with less popular games being given a heavier weighting against a game against Man U for example.I don''t particularly like that scenario as I enjoy going to the undesirable games more than any others, I''m not saying I''m a regular away fan, I''ve only been to QPR, WBA and Spurs this season, but I like the fact that I know I will probably get tickets for the games I enjoy going to.  If the system is changed would that mean people who didn''t really want to go to Loftus Road etc get tickets just to get them into Old Trafford?  It seems a bit unfair to me, I think the system needs to change but how it changes is up for a very large debate.  Remember it isn''t just season ticket holders who this applies to, many non season ticket holders will go to 5/6 away games, and any change could potentially punish them even more.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I agree that this needs looking at, I''ve missed out in the ballot on numerous occasions, but got lucky with Spurs this year.  My issue with the point system is that the undesirable games will suddenly become more desirable.  I assume it would work with less popular games being given a heavier weighting against a game against Man U for example.I don''t particularly like that scenario as I enjoy going to the undesirable games more than any others, I''m not saying I''m a regular away fan, I''ve only been to QPR, WBA and Spurs this season, but I like the fact that I know I will probably get tickets for the games I enjoy going to.  If the system is changed would that mean people who didn''t really want to go to Loftus Road etc get tickets just to get them into Old Trafford?  It seems a bit unfair to me, I think the system needs to change but how it changes is up for a very large debate.  Remember it isn''t just season ticket holders who this applies to, many non season ticket holders will go to 5/6 away games, and any change could potentially punish them even more.[/quote]The likes of QPR would never be deemed undesirable as City would always sell out Loftus Road, it''s more the Sunderland or Bolton away on a Tuesday night in October where the allocation is as large as you want it and it takes some effort to go and support the team.

Some advice please?. I had an away season ticket this season but I''m comtemplating dropping down to Priority group 2 next season (as I now have my 10 away ticket stubs). Did anyone who was in priority group 2 last season get every ticket they applied for this season (including the likes of Man Utd,Arsenal,Liverpool,Chelsea etc etc), or did they miss out on anything?.  did they ballot always go to group 3??

I was in the P2 group last season and as far as I am aware there was never a ballot in my group. I know there were 700 away s/t holders as this was capped, and I *think* there were between 1000 & 1500 in the P2 group. Based on an allocation of 3000 this would mean the first ballot would be at P3.

Next season in order to be P2 a supporter will have had to attend 50% of away games, so this group might have less than last season.

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="ncfcstar"]I agree that this needs looking at, I''ve missed out in the ballot on numerous occasions, but got lucky with Spurs this year.  My issue with the point system is that the undesirable games will suddenly become more desirable.  I assume it would work with less popular games being given a heavier weighting against a game against Man U for example.I don''t particularly like that scenario as I enjoy going to the undesirable games more than any others, I''m not saying I''m a regular away fan, I''ve only been to QPR, WBA and Spurs this season, but I like the fact that I know I will probably get tickets for the games I enjoy going to.  If the system is changed would that mean people who didn''t really want to go to Loftus Road etc get tickets just to get them into Old Trafford?  It seems a bit unfair to me, I think the system needs to change but how it changes is up for a very large debate.  Remember it isn''t just season ticket holders who this applies to, many non season ticket holders will go to 5/6 away games, and any change could potentially punish them even more.[/quote]The likes of QPR would never be deemed undesirable as City would always sell out Loftus Road, it''s more the Sunderland or Bolton away on a Tuesday night in October where the allocation is as large as you want it and it takes some effort to go and support the team.[/quote]OK, maybe undesirable is the wrong word, but "extremely unlikely to go to ballot games."

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Good luck with that Tim. In my experience however much you put into an email it often won''t even get an acknowledgement. Who''s Chairman of the Caps BTW?[/quote]Gavin Cooper is the current Chairman.
[/quote]

Thanks Matt. I just wondered where the emails went and if he posted on here.

Tim.. I wasn''t aware there was a change to 50% of away games but there are only 19 away fixrures in this league. So if you add West Brom away in the cup 50% is still 10 stubs.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I wasn''t aware there was a change to 50% of away games but there are only 19 away fixrures in this league. So if you add West Brom away in the cup 50% is still 10 stubs.

[/quote]

Blimey looks as though you have enough mathmatical genius to qualify as an accountant Nutty.[;)]

I think i am correct in saying that no game this season went to a ballot for Group 2.

I''ll duck out of the debate if the P2 group for 2012/3 is 10 stubs or 50% of away last season''s games if that''s ok :-)

As far as I am aware Gav doesn''t post on here. If you need to get in touch we have a committee contact page here

http://www.capitalcanaries.co.uk/index.php?page=chairman---gavin-cooper

Tim

I have an idea that could free up many spare tickets for away matches next season and I am sure that it would prove rather popular with many on here. Why don''t we put a ban on sending out tickets for away matches to addresses in Suffolk?

[quote user="Green Jack"]I have an idea that could free up many spare tickets for away matches next season and I am sure that it would prove rather popular with many on here. Why don''t we put a ban on sending out tickets for away matches to addresses in Suffolk?
B

[/quote]

I don''t think the group that I travel with would be very happy with that suggestion. You have at one fell swoop dismissed about 15% of the fan base(Lowestoft,Bury,Ipswich,Felixstowe Canaries). Not to mention Delia  and Michael at Stowmarket. We are the fans along with Capital Canaries and those fronm Essex and Cambridgeshire  and further afield who have to travel every week. Perhaps we should have priority?

[quote user="Felixfan"]

[quote user="Green Jack"]I have an idea that could free up many spare tickets for away matches next season and I am sure that it would prove rather popular with many on here. Why don''t we put a ban on sending out tickets for away matches to addresses in Suffolk?
B

[/quote]

I don''t think the group that I travel with would be very happy with that suggestion. You have at one fell swoop dismissed about 15% of the fan base(Lowestoft,Bury,Ipswich,Felixstowe Canaries). Not to mention Delia  and Michael at Stowmarket. We are the fans along with Capital Canaries and those fronm Essex and Cambridgeshire  and further afield who have to travel every week. Perhaps we should have priority?

[/quote]

Well said Felix. I think Greeny has just got the hump because many fans who live in Norfolk don''t want to support Suffolk clubs. I certainly couldn''t care less about Lowestoft, Bury or Felixtowe but this doesn''t mean I devalue our supporters from these places. I''m amazed that so many on here don''t appear to recognise this.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]I''ll duck out of the debate if the P2 group for 2012/3 is 10 stubs or 50% of away last season''s games if that''s ok :-) As far as I am aware Gav doesn''t post on here. If you need to get in touch we have a committee contact page here http://www.capitalcanaries.co.uk/index.php?page=chairman---gavin-cooper Tim[/quote]

Thanks Tim. I''ll try a different way next year.

I''d heard previously that away season tickets were capped at 700, but I really had no idea how many supporters are in P2 and the Club doesn''t seem keen to confirm that actual figures?

If P2 is between 1,000 and 1,500 in number, that would suggest that between 1,700 and 2,200 are already taken up for each game before P3 starts to be allocated. Thererfore, assuming a total allocation of 3,000 away tickets, that leaves circa 800 to 1,300 for P3.