Sign in to follow this  
Canary

Lambert (moan)

Yes he''s preformed miracles at ncfc, and no i''m not some lunatic... But Lambert is annoying me.

He repeatedly gives morison a chance when its clear he doesn''t care what happens to the club. He doesn''t seem to understand the concept of playing the same team twice in a row any more, and why is he playing elliot ward!?!

I was at fulham and could tell we had lost the game as soon as i heard that we were playing 5-4-1. why cant he just leave things the same? We beat wolves, so play the team again? its fulham, so why do we need to play 5 at the back? it was clear that naughton especially had no clue what he was doing, his poor marking lead to the second. It must be frustrating for ruddy to concede so many purely because lambert wont leave the team alone!!

And elliot ward... sell sell sell!! utter crap, cant pass the ball to anyone. why he has been picked over bennett for the past few weeks beats me... and why was whitbread taken off instead of him at fulham? confusing.

i think its clear what the best team we have at the minute is, so why cant he just play it! whitbread and bennett at back, holt and jackson. simple.

I am honestly worried about the remaining games! its clear were safe, but i still actually want to compete in the games!

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Thanks for your contribution, but have you considered Canary Call?[/quote]Or Samaritans? [:S]

[quote user="Aaron"]Yes he''s preformed miracles at ncfc, and no i''m not some lunatic... But Lambert is annoying me.

He repeatedly gives morison a chance when its clear he doesn''t care what happens to the club. He doesn''t seem to understand the concept of playing the same team twice in a row any more, and why is he playing elliot ward!?!

I was at fulham and could tell we had lost the game as soon as i heard that we were playing 5-4-1. why cant he just leave things the same? We beat wolves, so play the team again? its fulham, so why do we need to play 5 at the back? it was clear that naughton especially had no clue what he was doing, his poor marking lead to the second. It must be frustrating for ruddy to concede so many purely because lambert wont leave the team alone!!

And elliot ward... sell sell sell!! utter crap, cant pass the ball to anyone. why he has been picked over bennett for the past few weeks beats me... and why was whitbread taken off instead of him at fulham? confusing.

i think its clear what the best team we have at the minute is, so why cant he just play it! whitbread and bennett at back, holt and jackson. simple.

I am honestly worried about the remaining games! its clear were safe, but i still actually want to compete in the games![/quote]1. Lambert has always changed the team when he thought it was necessary and he has my full support in doing so. Changing the squad to suit the other teams tactics he is, above all, a manager who studies the opposition and decides how we should approach the game in order to capitalize on our opponents weaknesses.Also Fulham attack predominately through the center of the pitch, Lambert obviously thought that wining the midfield battle was key, hence the number of midfielders, he may have got it wrong but in theory at least it made sense.2. What in the hell are you talking about? complain about Wards defending, but his passing is top notch. According to whoscored.com Ward attempted 85 passes with a 82% completion rate hardly someone who ''Can''t pass the ball''.3. Bennett was (and is) still an unknown quantity he obviously needed time to adjust to the squad and the pace of training (as he admitted in the Wolves at home program) Ward was a known quantity, he knew the squad and the pace and has generally been very good in my opinion.4. Whitbread was having no effect on the game he had completed far, far fewer passes than any other defender and was genuinely struggling at defending, he was having a poor game by his standards and it benefited no one to keep him on the pitch.5. Football is not as simple as ''pick your best players and you''ll win'' and you should slap yourself as to how stupid that sounds. Maybe a Whitbread/Bennnett partnership struggles on the ball? Jackson, despite his excellent work, is not scoring is he worth his place? Things like tactics, formation, opposition etc. all factor in to team selection, ability alone is not enough to justify a starting place in the line up.  

I suspect some of Lamberts tactics relate to the summer exodus. He is testing his players, the smart, fit, gifted and adaptable will survive. He will keep some grunts but as history shows his mindset is programmed year on year to improve the squad. Time will tell. We lost the game but still produced some excellent football that tells you a lot about the squad. Look back to the start of the season and compare.

Winning football games is easy just don''t make mistakes and take your chances.

H

There''s the odd grain of truth in what Aaron says, but, you''ve got to look pretty hard for them.

I''m pretty sure that there are a number of players who will be heading for the exit door over the course of the next few months, and not just some of the outright fringe people.  It''s clear that if we are to emulate Stoke, Bolton, Wigan etc and not do a Hull, Reading or Birmingham, then this current squad is nowhere near strong enough to compete in the Prem over a period of time . There are a few who are just not good enough (Ward, C Martin, Simeon etc) . then a few who are not consistent enough (Wes,  Zak, Tierney etc) Also  a few who are not committed enough (eg Morison ). So I can se why PL would want to make sure of what he''s got and (to put it in one of his phrases) who will be relied upon to put their shoulder to the wheel over the next 18 mths or so.

But, until we are mathematically safe, I do see the point Aaron is making. With some of the tough games coming up, then consistency will be the key and not too much chopping and changing.

Can''t say I''m particularly bothered about people like Aaron moaning about Lambert and the players. At least he has given reasons and taken time to highlight his concerns unlike others on here.

My problem is with those who are waiting in the wings to have a good moan or b*tch up about certain players or management staff, who up until now have had a fantastic season and if we look back at the results have there been any real surprises? I don''t think so.

I also have a problem with The ''I''ve done a predictor and I''m plotting NCFC''s downfall'' brigade, if you''ve got nothing better to do than to sit there and play with predictions until we get relegated just so you can come on here and try and prove a point then you live a very sad sheltered life.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Can''t say I''m particularly bothered about people like Aaron moaning about Lambert and the players. At least he has given reasons and taken time to highlight his concerns unlike others on here.

My problem is with those who are waiting in the wings to have a good moan or b*tch up about certain players or management staff, who up until now have had a fantastic season and if we look back at the results have there been any real surprises? I don''t think so.

I also have a problem with The ''I''ve done a predictor and I''m plotting NCFC''s downfall'' brigade, if you''ve got nothing better to do than to sit there and play with predictions until we get relegated just so you can come on here and try and prove a point then you live a very sad sheltered life.[/quote]Aren''t you therefore annoyed with Aaron''s moan about Morison then? I am

[quote user="judderman"][quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Can''t say I''m particularly bothered about people like Aaron moaning about Lambert and the players. At least he has given reasons and taken time to highlight his concerns unlike others on here.

I also have a problem with The ''I''ve done a predictor and I''m plotting NCFC''s downfall'' brigade, if you''ve got nothing better to do than to sit there and play with predictions until we get relegated just so you can come on here and try and prove a point then you live a very sad sheltered life.[/quote]Aren''t you therefore annoyed with Aaron''s moan about Morison then? I am[/quote]

Not really judderman because I stopped reading after I read ''Lambert is annoying me''

But as I say Aaron is entitled to his opinion but it doesn''t mean I have to agree with it or even acknowledge it

It is easy to explain Ward''s   "poor" passing on Saturday. With effectively a three man back line, it is inevitable almost that the one playing in the centre, Ward, would receive more passes out from Ruddy than either wide man. I agree with you that Zak looked a little like a fish out of water.

Ward, of course, is out of contract soon, so there is no possibility of selling. There have been times when Ward has been exposed by pace, and times when he has held off tackling when he should have tackled. I would not be upset if he were to move on in the summer, but as Barnett seems surplus, we would be left with three CBs - Zak, Bennett and Ayala. We would need to sign another good quality CB for cover for injury, and iin case the Ayala/Bennett combination did not work. Since we must sign at least one good striker and one fullback, I think that PL may feel that Ward would be available to us next season without a significant transfer fee. He may well retain the CB.

I, too, am disappointed in Morison, particularly as he does not seem to pack a great shot, but I would have to say in his defence that he has played much of the season as a lone striker, and we do not know how far he is still affected by his injury. It is a pity that in striking terms Jackson seems to be only a Championship player, while Wilbraham is still something of an unknown.

We are still scoring at a rate better than many teams below us. If we could manage to convert a few more chances, and tighten up the defence - where Bennett may have arrived just in time, then I think we could just surprise one or two of the fancied clubs we have yet to play in the run-in.

''Ward, of course, is out of contract soon, so there is no possibility of selling. There have been times when Ward has been exposed by pace, and times when he has held off tackling when he should have tackled. I would not be upset if he were to move on in the summer''

Let''s not get in the way the fact that he made at least 3 maybe 4 goal saving challenges against Wolves, I can''t comment on the Fulham performance.

Wasn''t going to bother to respond to this but you have to really.

Just no.   This kind of  having a go at players and manager is just egotistic nonsense.   Fans who think they know better, have no understanding of how PL works and has been working over the last three years and who appear to enjoy rubbishing our players.   

And it has brought out some others who also think that half the squad is going miraculously disappear during the Summer.   Get real guys, the squad is good and improving already with Howson and R Bennet.  One or two maybe come in in the Summer, but the bulk of our players are staying - get used to it - they haven''t done so bad have they?   Some people need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Ever heard of continuity?     Confidence building?       Looking at the good things players do?     Look with an open mind and you might get a more balanced view of what is going on out there.   

This is a great time to be a Norwich fan.     If you can''t take the odd defeat, well I''m sorry, but thats what happens sometimes. You can''t win them all!

Aaron- you''re a tool.

Everyone fan is welcome to an opinion- that I agree with.

I also agree Steve Morison hasn''t been pulling his weight, but he''s been the exact same player all season and people wouldn''t be moaning had he bagged, but as the only man up front he holds the ball up and passes it off to midfielders who then take the shots (point and proven at Fulham- our midfielders had many more shots than Steve).

Changing the team for Fulham wasn''t a poor move, I watched it on a stream and apart from two stupid goals we conceded we looked far the better team, and should have drawn the game after having the run of the possession and territory.

Lambert fits tactics for the teams we play against, always has and always will & so far if I''m not mistaken it''s worked alright? Just two back to back promotions, followed by a successful Premier League campaign.

Why are people moaning? I do realise that what''s happened is in the past and we should be judging Lambert accordingly, but still I really don''t think we''ve got anything to worry about. Ward has had two bad games in an attacking sense, but has looked very assured defensively (which is his job) and I''d rather we played out from the back, then played it long for Morison to win/lose a header in a 5-4-1 and have no-one to knock it onto.

Why don''t people have a think before moaning? There is nothing to moan about.

the only point I agree with to an extent is Ward, but then he seemed to play better as the game went on on Saturday and none of our fit CBs are exactly Piques - what happened to "in Lambert we trust"?

i am begining to wonder if morrison has the kind of personality that has made it hard to integrate into the ethos of the dressing room. after all not everyone gets on with everyone else and maybe he is feeling the odd man out in the club. something certainly seems to be amiss in his demeanour and quality of play in the last few weeks, but at the start of the season he was a different person completely.[*-)]

I have not used this message board much this season, when I casually checked this lunch time I really could not believe my eyes! People are actually moaning about Paul Lambert????? Were these same people in attendance at Carrow Road on the 8th August 2009 when Colchester United beat us 7-1 in League 1? What Lambert has done for this club has been astounding. We are all but safe from relegation with 7 games to spare. In my wildest dreams I did not expect us to this well.

To the moaners - Did you genuinely expect us to go the entire season without a poor run of form. the sort of run where we only win 1 in 6? Because if you did, then you are insane.

I have been a fan of this great club since the early 90s and I have to tell you, most of that time we have not been very good. Try enjoying the good times sir, because it is entirely possible that we could go down in a few years time and spend another decade struggling in the championship.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

And it has brought out some others who also think that half the squad is going miraculously disappear during the Summer.   Get real guys, the squad is good and improving already with Howson and R Bennet.  One or two maybe come in in the Summer, but the bulk of our players are staying - get used to it - they haven''t done so bad have they?   Some people need to wake up and smell the coffee.

[/quote]

A tad harsh, LDC. No-one to my knowledge has said that "half the squad" are off in the summer. But what I was saying (as others have) is that there are several members of the squad who, for whatever reason, are just not up to it. They have been OK thus far, but if we are to kick on and become as ESTABLISHED Prem team, then they are not fit for purpose. I''m rather getting the impression that by "continuity" you mean blind faith and loyalty to those who''ve got us here. Well, a very honourable sentiment, I''m sure , but in the cutthroat world of modern Premier League football, it just won''t wash, I''m afraid.

But.....the signings made so far augur well. I''m sure PL recognises the areas which are most in need of strengthening, and will be wielding the chequebook as early as next month. And, as in any business, to accommodate new blood, there will have to be leavers.

It is worth pointing out that we can only have a 25 man squad as well. That doesn''t include youngsters (is it under 21s?) but there are limitations.

However, by my very quick reckoning, I think we must be four or 5 players under that quota this season. The likes of Rudd and Korey Smith will, if it is 21, have to be included next season, but even so, I still think there will be enough room in the squad for one or two new signings. Finances shouldn''t be too much of an issue for only one or two signings - the prem money should be enough for us to afford an extra player or two.

But, if we are going to bring in any more than one or two players, we are going to have to get rid of some. Otherwise we will be paying wages to players who are not even registered to play! And if, therefore, we have to get rid of some, then I think we can all probably come up with the first few names that we''d prefer to see go if we are bringing in replacements. (Ie; nobody would want Holt to go, but if Ward were to leave to make room for someone better, would we be too fussed?)

[quote user="Aaron"]Yes he''s preformed miracles at ncfc, and no i''m not some lunatic... But Lambert is annoying me.

I am honestly worried about the remaining games! its clear were safe, but i still actually want to compete in the games![/quote]

How can you dismiss Lamberts achievements in a few words and then go on to try and criticise the man in small aspects of what he does. You have to look at the whole package of what he has achieved and how he has achieved it.You lack the vision, understanding of management, tactical knowledge, team building awareness, ability to get the best out of players etc etc that he has in bucket loads and it is because of his qualities that we are now where we are with the players we have. Trying to nit pick at small points shows that you are unable to see the complete totality of what he has done and how he has done it.

Your right about the 3 at the back not working, not sure why Lambert persisted with it after changing it v Wolves and getting trounced 5-1 in the ressies v Fulham, but hey ho im not gonna bash Lambert cause he''s a legend.

At the end of the day the Fulham result is meaningless, as is the remaining games, the only bonus for wins is we finish higher and get more prize money. But compared to the last two seasons where every win counted and meant so much, this season is different and will have a lacklustre finish to it.

1 more win and were safe, 2 and its goodnight vienna and were coasting to the finish line with not much to play for.

As for the Ward bashing, your way off. You were actually at the Fuham game so am surprised with your outburst. Against Wolves he was excellent defensively. His distribution was terrible and not much better versus Fulham. But he''s a defender, he''s not there to pass the ball so i dont care. As long as he does his job in the 18 yard box im happy.

When Ayala and Tierney are finally fit, we''ll have a great defence.

Whitbread and Ward will be back up and seem more than capable of doing that for us.

There is no perfect formula for tactics, especially when the entire squad cost less than £10m! He''s just playing the odds like the rest of them and hoping to get what he can.

Is he really responsible if Russell Martin is eyeing up some sexy blonde in row F and loses concentration at the vital moment, or if a divot stops Holt from finishing into an open net?

He can only do what he can, a lot of it is luck.

Tactics wise the only thing you could moan on sat was that morison was played on his own in a formation that does not suit him. Morison is extremely good in the air and best plays with two wingers putting the ball into the air for him. The midfield we had out does not suit his play. But we could.not play jacko on his own and Holt was suspended. We could have played wilby as I believe he maybe slightly better with the ball to feet. But he chose to start morison and it was not great but I''m definitely not gonna slag Lambert down. There has been times when the team sheet/ formations come out before a game and I''ve thought what''s Lambert playing at? But he gets the result so what do I know!? Sod all really compared to Lambert. He is the expert. I''m just a fan. Football is great coz its all about opinions and we all have different ones but the one that really counts is lamberts and his coaching team. They are hardly doing a bad job now are they!?

morision apps 28 sub (7) goals 9 or.....

suarez 26 (2) 7

hernandez 25 (9) 10

adebayor 27(10) 13

sturridge 24 (2) 10

bet a few of those mere mortals are glad they don''t play for us given the standards expected by us canaries.... not to mention carroll or torres

Because being predictable in this league just won''t cut it.

We have to try new things which will pay dividends in the longer run (we do want to hang around in this league?) Players will often look poor when asked to try something unfamiliar, especially ones who have gone up a level anyway, that''s why you need to reserve judgement before declaring ''crap, get rid''. Also, for all we know, Whitbread may be off in the summer and Bennett is seen as his replacement.

At the end of the day I''m pretty sure Lambert knows more about winning football matches than the OP, with all due respect.

I have to say i expected pretty much no response, but alot of people completely misunderstood me.

Im moaning about a very small part of lambert''s managerial abilities... people seem to be responding as if ive posted "lambert out" or something... Im not, hes a great manager and "in lambert we trust" still applies...

The only reason why i wait till now to thoroughly moan about morison is that hes stopped scoring goals... Hes a striker after all and should be scoring, but he doesnt. And if he doesnt score, he should at least bag a few assists, but i cant remember many recently.

I agree with lambert trying new things, but 5-4-1 has been tried before... in the championship. After about 10 minutes lambert admitted defeat and changed things. Youd think he''d know better than try again...

Whoever it was saying Ward is good, he makes a few good challenges, but his potioning is poor and when asked to pass further than fox who is about 5 metres in front of him, hes rubbish. He has a good completion rate cos all he does is pass to fox or whitbread...

Anyone at the fulham game would understand that we dominated the second half - after changing to 4-4-2.

I am honestly worried about the remaining games! its clear were safe, but i still actually want to compete in the games![/quote]

a young manager still learning, shit happens